+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fence Project

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fence Project

Not to bring up a sore subject but.........

I noticed last week that Neville High School had the same type of fencing that some of you have donated to build at JAS and Love Field. I noticed on the brick columns that they have a "recess" that I'm assuming a plaque of some sort will fit into with names of donors, memorials, and such.

I realize that you could do the same thing without the recess, but #1, it would be more attractive with the recess, #2 it gives a way to get more money for Tech Athletics, and #3 (most important) it would be an inticement for big boosters to give............Big Booster's wife walking by a blank brick column: "Hey, how much to get our name on one of those plaques?" $5000? $10,000?

Obviously the first one would be in Memory of Johnny Ray.

Who was doing the brick work?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Fence Project

Fence Project? What Fence Project?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    Fence Project? What Fence Project?
    The one that was scheduled to begin construction in December 2004. They are just running a little behind on it.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Neville's fence looks GREAT. I suggest you drive by if you haven't seen it. It is amazing the difference in overall appearance it makes to their stadium, compared to rusty old chain-link. They have supporters over there who get off their butts and get stuff DONE, and of course they have an administration that is very receptive to any help they are offered.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be cool to have the outside bricks display names just like the bricks you get when you graduate with some big plaques for Johnny Ray and big donors. That would give people a chance to become a part of the stadium. Also the brick columns could be similar to the ones throughout campus to link the stadium to the campus more.

+ Reply to Thread