+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Suggestions

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

New Suggestions

Ok, my booster club idea has been shot down so many times it reminds me of Kdaniel72's lovelife. But I think the all sports radio sponsorship is a great idea. I would be glad to pay for one month myself if its only $350.

I think we should really push membership on the forum. If we can't have a booster club because the school won't approve it. There are ways that we can still have our voices heard.

1. If we raise money ourselves on the board for specific projects and then donate the project to the school we don't have to worry about how the money is spent.

2. I think the more students we can get involved the better. Students can do a lot of things that we can't because we are spread out all over the country and most of us except for Rooster have jobs.

Example: I think we should sell season tickets ourselves. This is something we can do without any approval from the school. If we buy the season tickets ourselves from the school we can do with them what we want. We could have the students sell season tickets. This would accomplish 3 things. First it would raise money for the athletic department. Next it would increase our attendence. Most importantly, the more season tickets we hold the more our voice matters. We could give the students an incentive by sending the one who sells the most tickets to an away football game with a friend as long as it is not Hawaii and pay for his tickets and his hotel room. (We should advertise this in our radio adds) "Students, visit bulldogs Barks & Bytes and win a free trip to a road football game." We should do the same thing for Basketball and Baseball.

I think Dwayne is right radio adds should be the top priority because that is our most conentrated target audience. I don't think the average Shreveport LSU fan would be moved while looking through the Times to read the full page article on the tiger golf team would be very interested in anything Tech fans are doing. We should definitely run adds in the Tech talk, BIG ADDS it's dirt cheap to run adds in there and all the students read it.

As for tax deductable I think we can forget about any of that. I've come to the conclusion if we are going to do anything we are going to have to bite the bullet and pay for it with our good old taxable dollars.

We should set up a way to donate here on the website. I have setup several sites to process credit cards, checks, and paypal. I would volunteer my time to do that as well. That would make it much easier for us to donate.

I'm out of ideas for now.

www.colemanfurniture.com

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: New Suggestions

I think that is a great idea getting students to seel season tickets and promoting that through the Tech Talk.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Baddawg- Great ideas. I'm sure the powers here would love that. I only have one concern about giving. Some of us can't give like you may be able to. How many $10-$20 pledges will be run off by people pledging $100-$500. You know, if half the people on this board gave $5 to the radio add idea we would have more than enough money to fund it. Can we keep the amount of money given off the public forum? Thank you again. We need more fans like yourself. (you know, the ones with money!):icon_wink

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I think the key to it is to have several efforts going that can be sponsored. Giving through BB&B started as a way to pull together all the $5 and $10 donations into a sum of money that could be used to pull something big off. We will want to maintain that.

I agree that the amount given should be confidential unless someone chooses to make theirs public. Donations through PayPal and other means give us that ability.

Chris

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    Baddawg- Great ideas. I'm sure the powers here would love that. I only have one concern about giving. Some of us can't give like you may be able to. How many $10-$20 pledges will be run off by people pledging $100-$500. You know, if half the people on this board gave $5 to the radio add idea we would have more than enough money to fund it. Can we keep the amount of money given off the public forum? Thank you again. We need more fans like yourself. (you know, the ones with money!):icon_wink
    The amounts would not be made public only the administrator in charge of the account would now how much each person gives.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I know I would probably end up over the course of a year giving more at 10-20 a time through a paypal link than giving one large donation.

At any one time I will have cash left over from some of my private lessons, but usualy only $50 or so bucks. With no easy way to donate through here right now I usually end up making an extra house note or going out with it.

Just my .02

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Before you say anything, YES, I KNOW this should be pasted all over our website! But you can donate to BB&B ANYTIME you want to! Here is a link to a donation page. Just put whatever you want in the description and enter the amount and make the donation.

Now here is a request for somebody. I would like to have SOMEBODY put together an image that we can use here on the site instead of the PAYPAL standard image. Just come up with something (preferably wider than higher) that can be used like a banner add, but not as big. I can put it as a custom header or footer on any or all of our forums or web pages.

Anybody up for taking this on?

Once I get something we can use, I'll post an announcement to let everyone know and make sure they know how to make a donation.

Chris

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    Before you say anything, YES, I KNOW this should be pasted all over our website! But you can donate to BB&B ANYTIME you want to! Here is a link to a donation page. Just put whatever you want in the description and enter the amount and make the donation.

Now here is a request for somebody. I would like to have SOMEBODY put together an image that we can use here on the site instead of the PAYPAL standard image. Just come up with something (preferably wider than higher) that can be used like a banner add, but not as big. I can put it as a custom header or footer on any or all of our forums or web pages.

Once I get something we can use, I'll post an announcement to let everyone know and make sure they know how to make a donation.

Chris
    Within that link, instead of the payment for text box, you would have a radio button list of projects that BBB is actively funding, and the donor could select which project the donation should be earmarked for.

Yes. We can do all sorts of things on how to "earmark" the funds.

Just so you know, the site admins are trying to set up a time when we can all get together to discuss a lot of the ideas that have been presented here. We want to make sure we have a plan on how to address and execute on all the good ideas that have been brought up and suggested. Some of that will include the technology side of how to support the donations and projects from the site, but also how to promote and keep the initiative that is being shown from the board members.

We'll be sure to keep you all informed on how things are progressing.

Chris

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan

Chris
    Chris, have you seen The Blue's?

check out the link at the bottom of this post, if this is similar to what you like, the guy who made ours will do it. I volunteer him.

JFord

Yes. Something like that is what I'm looking for. The color of blue that we use here is #000099.

Thanks!!!

Chris

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I like the idea of posting the amount given publicly if it is the older guys who can afford to throw up 100 bucks. If you want to put up 10-20 whatever, do it anonomously. The older guys like to show what they can give, if hogdawg can give 100, then so can dwayne, ya see what i mean.

Its like the rich people at a church cake auction that buy cakes for 500 bucks. THey wanna show how much money that they can give and how much they care. Its HEALTHY competition, and brings in more money. Am I completely off here?

2004 Bowl Confidence & 2006 NIT Bracket Champion hoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nicehoopdawg is just really nice

How about moving the tailgate site dowm to tailgate alleyand have a tent with a sign were more people could see and drop by.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopdawg
    How about moving the tailgate site dowm to tailgate alleyand have a tent with a sign were more people could see and drop by.
    I don't know where the tent is, but I would say the best place to get a spot is on the northside endzone road!

Not everybody goes down tailgate alley, everybody walks on the road!
    Like I said, I don't know where the tailgating happens, it might already be on the road.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Instead of anybody moving their tailgateing area (some of these guys have had the same area for years) why not just get some banners made up with the BB&B logo on it to post at everyones tailgate area. More people will see them with more locations.

+ Reply to Thread