+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy and giveaway things that can be worn

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Buy and giveaway things that can be worn

Would you rather see a small ball collecting dust at a kid's house, or would you rather have a constant flow of t-shirts, caps, etc. being worn by folks as they go out in the world, advertising Tech?
    I am of the opinion we get more mileage out of t-shirts and/or caps -- reflex blue of course.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Buy and giveaway things that can be worn

Shirts cost more than thunder sticks and balls. I say one of those 2 first until we can get more people to join this site and donate to Tech. Then start getting shirts and stuff.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Something that is probably cheap to do is give out State T car decals at the door when you get in.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Something that is probably cheap to do is give out State T car decals at the door when you get in.
    I think we'd have to have permission to do anything with the state T. I'm all about some BBB t-shirts. The balls and stuff are good ideas, but I think a t-shirt would be awesome. If we die-hards here on the board would buy a BBB t-shirt at a somewhat inflated price, we could likely get some extra shirts. We keep pocketing the revenue until we have enough to give a way a substantial amount of BBB shirts at a football game. It would take some dedication and work, but we could do it. And of course, us BBBers would wear our BBB shirts to EVERY Tech event. It's like permanent advertising.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Johnny is right, you would have to have persmission to use the logo.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

especially if it is anywhere near a BB&B logo .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think throwing balls into the stands would be out of the mix because that is CITGO's gig which happens to be a corporate sponsor - don't want to tread on their turf -

But rally towels or cheap T's for 3's might be the way to go -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sounds good, I was just loving that idea of the balls and wanted to get some balls rollin.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Johnny is right, you would have to have persmission to use the logo.
    So you're saying that Tech has finally trademarked the logo? If so, then if I'm not mistaken, you don't have to get permission to use it. You'd only have to pay a fee and you'd have to use it within the limitations provided by the trademark agreement, I think. However, if it's not trademarked, then I was under the impression that it could be used by anyone without any penalties.

It is registered and has been for about a year and a half or two years. I know that if you make a shirt, hat , whatever, to sell, it has to be approved by Tech and the Collegiate Athletic whatever that regulates the merchandise. It is a long, expensive process. Now if you are gonna give away shirts, I don't know how it works. I would imagine you would still have to have permission because they may not want their logo associated with something they don't approve of.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    It is registered and has been for about a year and a half or two years. I know that if you make a shirt, hat , whatever, to sell, it has to be approved by Tech and the Collegiate Athletic whatever that regulates the merchandise. It is a long, expensive process. Now if you are gonna give away shirts, I don't know how it works. I would imagine you would still have to have permission because they may not want their logo associated with something they don't approve of.
    Yeah, I didn't know if they had put out a list of cans and can'ts or if you actually had to get permission first. However, there is nothing that says we have to use the state and "t" logo. Use the BB&B logo. That's what we're after anyway.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

In my experience, t-shirts don't really drive people to websites, which is what I guess our goal is here. I really like the idea somebody posted on another thread about getting BB&B signage at the venues, something that could be seen by fans, but more importantly, picked up by TV cameras. Also, I think the radio and/or print ads might not be a bad idea. Balls and shirts, though, I don't know how far that would go for the dollar. JMHO

You can use a slogan like "Do Dawgs", and it's ok. I think the only thing they registered was the state and T. To get around having to talk to athletics about using the logo, call Marketing and Public Relations on campus. Just be vague, tell them you want to make shirts and give them away and you were wondering about using the state and T.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The State and Block "T" is NOT trademarked - it is used by the University with the permission of the Lambright family -

Now Louisiana Tech University is trademarked as is various bulldog and techster logos -

There is a difference -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

For the record, I'm a newbie who found out about the site from hearing Dave Nitz interview one of you guys before a football game this past season.

+ Reply to Thread