+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: donation

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

donation

Great job by THE BLUE!!!

Y'all have helped get Tech spirit up so much that you've got me driving 50 miles to see the men's games this year & have been driving years years with Lady Techster season tickets.

If a YOUNG AT HEART
    OLD FART

wanted to drop by a $100 check for THE BLUE at Thursday or Saturday's game rather than use pay pal, do we make it payable to THE BLUE?

Keep up the great work!!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: donation

This isn't meant as a flame on The Blue, but what is this money used for? Is it going to pay for you guys to travel to other ball games and paint yourself up? or is it used to make flyers, buy noise makers to hand out at the games, and basically to promote participation by students at Tech events.

I am just curious. Let me know "T". If it is for you guys to have fun and travel i am completely against this. It goes against the morals of what a TRUE Tech fan is. No one should have to PAY you to go do something fun that everyone wants to do just cause you paint yourself blue.

If you guys are using this money to promote participation by the students and the general public to attend Tech sporting events I am behind you guys 100%. This could potentially be an awesome organization, just be sure that your motives and intentions are clear to the students, public, and the people who donate money to your orgainzation.

~Steltz

Puppy LiveBlueDieBlue is an unknown LiveBlueDieBlue's Avatar

Steltz,

I think it would be informative for you to attend our next meeting. I can schedule it specifically for you or anyone wanting to join in the collaboration. The meetings are just typically a few of us discussing ideas over (beverage of choice.) Availability? Beverage?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg
    Great job by THE BLUE!!!

Y'all have helped get Tech spirit up so much that you've got me driving 50 miles to see the men's games this year & have been driving years years with Lady Techster season tickets.

If a YOUNG AT HEART
    OLD FART

wanted to drop by a $100 check for THE BLUE at Thursday or Saturday's game rather than use pay pal, do we make it payable to THE BLUE?

Keep up the great work!!
    Thanks for your wilingness to support us Russ. If you will be at any future games come and see one of us at courtside for payment specifics. Tell your friends too. :icon_wink

thanks for your support,
    JFord

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlueDieBlue
    Steltz,

I think it would be informative for you to attend our next meeting. I can schedule it specifically for you or anyone wanting to join in the collaboration. The meetings are just typically a few of us discussing ideas over (beverage of choice.) Availability? Beverage?
    My buddy steltz isn't the only one I've heard with similar sentiments to the ones he posted. My group of friends are dead broke...we do our best to buy season tickets and contribute what we can. In that position, we wouldn't contribute to a travel fund for the Blue. However, I would gladly cut a check that would promote student envolvement and increase attendance. I'd mail it next week. So, if you don't mind, explain to some of us who won't be able to be at the meetings. Other than JFord, I dont' really know you guys. I know Jay is a God-fearing, LSU-hating individual:icon_wink . Anyway, the point of this ramble is that many of us are wondering the same things that Matt wrote.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    My buddy steltz isn't the only one I've heard with similar sentiments to the ones he posted. My group of friends are dead broke...we do our best to buy season tickets and contribute what we can. In that position, we wouldn't contribute to a travel fund for the Blue. However, I would gladly cut a check that would promote student envolvement and increase attendance. I'd mail it next week. So, if you don't mind, explain to some of us who won't be able to be at the meetings. Other than JFord, I dont' really know you guys. I know Jay is a God-fearing, LSU-hating individual:icon_wink . Anyway, the point of this ramble is that many of us are wondering the same things that Matt wrote.
    LSU-hating foremost :icon_wink ...
    We will get together, a list of "what-fors" for all of y'all on the board. We totally understand the broke feeling, thus, the donations.

thanks for your interest,

JFord

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I'm with Steltz and Johnny, and I've wanted to question this for sometime now, but I didn't have the balls to do it because The Blue seems to be so popular on here. So here it is. I know I will get red dots for this, but I have some questions that I want answered. First of all, I have no problem with The Blue, but what is all of the donation money used for??? How much money are yall getting donated?? All I know is that yall buy paint with it. Is a painted Tech fan better than a Tech fan in a blue shirt? I'm a broke college student too and I find a way to pay for Tech apparel and I saved some money to travel to a few away games and attend every home game, and I don't see how it should be any different for The Blue. Santa Claus is usually willing to put blue stuff under the Christmas tree too. I mean, yall are gonna go to the games and be crazy regardless of whether yall are gonna get paid, right?? Why should someone donate to The Blue over donating to Champs, or BB&B, or the Foundation, or the athletic department, or Bulldawg Corps, or the BOP? I have no problem if the money yall get is used on promotions; I just haven't seen any promotions yet. In conclusion, how does donating to The Blue benefit Louisiana Tech athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    I'm with Steltz and Johnny, and I've wanted to question this for sometime now, but I didn't have the balls to do it because The Blue seems to be so popular on here. So here it is. I know I will get red dots for this, but I have some questions that I want answered. First of all, I have no problem with The Blue, but what is all of the donation money used for??? How much money are yall getting donated?? All I know is that yall buy paint with it. Is a painted Tech fan better than a Tech fan in a blue shirt? I'm a broke college student too and I find a way to pay for Tech apparel and I saved some money to travel to a few away games and attend every home game, and I don't see how it should be any different for The Blue. Santa Claus is usually willing to put blue stuff under the Christmas tree too. I mean, yall are gonna go to the games and be crazy regardless of whether yall are gonna get paid, right?? Why should someone donate to The Blue over donating to Champs, or BB&B, or the Foundation, or the athletic department, or Bulldawg Corps, or the BOP? I have no problem if the money yall get is used on promotions; I just haven't seen any promotions yet. In conclusion, how does donating to The Blue benefit Louisiana Tech athletics?
    No one will give you red dots for being inquisitive, that being said here comes my piece. Donation money will be used for promotion, paint supplies, apparel, travel expenses, and anything else pertenant to Louisiana Tech Athletics that we see fit for spending on. We currently have approximately $200 dollars that have been donated. As fellow broke college students, we feel your pain, and are just looking for supportive alumni, or gracious human beings that would like to help us with our efforts. As a student, you are more than welcome to join us when we act crazy or go to away games (and use the money too), but like any other democratic organization money spent will have to be voted on. A painted tech fan is definately no better than a non-painted or as you put it so eliquently "better than a Tech fan in a blue shirt". I, a man over 250 lbs WILL NOT paint my fat body and scare Tech fans away. So, I have elected to wear clothing at games. We do not even care if you don't wear a blue shirt, just support the Dawgs or Lady Techsters. The organization one chooses to donate to is all up to the individual, we feel, that we are putting a good product of avid Tech fans together (and many on the board feel this way as well) and are looking for as many outlets we can to show our love for the Dawgs and Lady Techsters. We are not being "paid". I nor anyone in the group is seeing any profit from this (that would just be wrong). No promotions have been done as of yet, because the meeting we had planned to vote on promotional spending was cancelled. We hope to have it soon, and will post the time and meeting place in "The Blue Zone" here on BBB. Donating to The Blue benefits Louisiana Tech Athletics by putting students on the front lines of support of our fellow classmates. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me jford.ltu@gmail.com.

JFord

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I will say more later because I am in lab right now, but in my opinion this money should not be used in any way to support "YOUR" love for the dogs. Travel, paint, whatever.

You would be a much more respected and important organization on campus if you used this money towards the betterment of Tech Athletics (attendance, promotion, STUDENT INVOLVEMENT (this should be your primary objective, because you are all students)). ON top of that go to the games and go to the away games that YOU have the money for and keep Paintin!

I know its not my place to tell you guys what to do, but at least you would have some respect from THIS Tech Fan.

Steltz

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    I will say more later because I am in lab right now, but in my opinion this money should not be used in any way to support "YOUR" love for the dogs. Travel, paint, whatever.

You would be a much more respected and important organization on campus if you used this money towards the betterment of Tech Athletics (attendance, promotion, STUDENT INVOLVEMENT (this should be your primary objective, because you are all students)). ON top of that go to the games and go to the away games that YOU have the money for and keep Paintin!

I know its not my place to tell you guys what to do, but at least you would have some respect from THIS Tech Fan.

Steltz
    I agree. I don't think you should use the money for travel, unless the donor earmarks it for that. I think it would be best spent with flyers, banners, signs around town, etc... That kind of stuff.
    Just my opinion though because I am an alumni who is trying to scrape up enough money to buy season tickets, therefore, I can't donate to you.

thanks guys, i think thats a valid opinion. We'll take that into consideration.

JFord

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz

Steltz
    I need to respectfully disagree with PART of that statement. The Blue is helping to generate an atmosphere and excitement on the part of the rest of the student body. They are doing this not because they are being paid or are looking for a job post college. They are doing it because they WANT to do it (as you said "to support their LOVE for the Dawgs.") Part of that is body paint, apparel and the like. And you know what? THEY ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!! Student attendance and involvement is UP. It still has room for improvement, but progress is being made. And to say that The Blue hasn't been a part of that is being short sighted.

I for one and glad they are painting themselves up and doing what they are doing. They are showing initiative and have focused their efforts in areas where they can make a difference. They have shown that they want ideas from other people and want to take steps to execute on that.

Wanting to make sure they aren't taking donations to have a keg party or fly to Hawaii for a road game is one thing. Saying you don't think donations should be used for what they are currently doing and doing well is quite another. It is my understanding that donations are used for paint and the special things they are doing. That being said, PLEASE KEEP DOING IT!!! The fans LOVE it as evidenced by TV news crews showing shots of them on highlights, photographers taking pictures, and the N. Endzone being so loud that teams had to take a T.O.! Those are good things that I will support.

TDF (Chris)

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

Instead of asking for donations for traveling and painting up, do what I did when I was student and wanted to road trip or tailgate, ask a football player or basketball player for their family tickets (alot of the times they do not get used) and give plasma for the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    I need to respectfully disagree with PART of that statement. The Blue is helping to generate an atmosphere and excitement on the part of the rest of the student body. They are doing this not because they are being paid or are looking for a job post college. They are doing it because they WANT to do it (as you said "to support their LOVE for the Dawgs.") Part of that is body paint, apparel and the like. And you know what? THEY ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!!! Student attendance and involvement is UP. It still has room for improvement, but progress is being made. And to say that The Blue hasn't been a part of that is being short sighted.

I for one and glad they are painting themselves up and doing what they are doing. They are showing initiative and have focused their efforts in areas where they can make a difference. They have shown that they want ideas from other people and want to take steps to execute on that.

Wanting to make sure they aren't taking donations to have a keg party or fly to Hawaii for a road game is one thing. Saying you don't think donations should be used for what they are currently doing and doing well is quite another. It is my understanding that donations are used for paint and the special things they are doing. That being said, PLEASE KEEP DOING IT!!! The fans LOVE it as evidenced by TV news crews showing shots of them on highlights, photographers taking pictures, and the N. Endzone being so loud that teams had to take a T.O.! Those are good things that I will support.

TDF (Chris)
    I painted up for 5 home games my freshman and sophomore year. It only cost me about 20 dollars in paint total. 20 dollars divided by 20 months of school thats a dollar a month. use your own money to buy paint. Use the donated money for something even more important. You guys could be the future of TECH STUDENT INVOLVEMENT. YOu just have to take the right approach. Be progressive, make a difference.

I'm certainly not saying that you guys are not doing a good job. Im just questioning how ya'll are spending the money. Not that i really know, but just my perception. Ya see where I am coming from Chris? The Blue?

so the paint is your only complaint?

if that's it we are doing great?

JFord

+ Reply to Thread