+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: donation

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: donation

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    My apologies to you, T, jford, The Blue, and everyone on this board if I came across as a jerk, and I'm sorry if I am blowing this entire thing out of proportion. That was far from my intent. I was just trying to make a point. I am not trying to bash The Blue. I think they are an organization with a ton of potential to progress the state of Louisiana Tech athletics. My intent is to keep The Blue accountable for what they do with the money that has been donated to them. My opinion is that their money should not be used to pay for their travel expenses, and that it should be used to promote student support on campus. Nobody else has to share my opinion, but there are others that do share my opinion. There is nothing wrong with an organization raising money; it's what they spend their money on that matters. I want the donors to be educated on exactly where their money is going. I just want to make sure they aren't using it as their personal piggy bank for travel expenses; I want to make sure that the donors aren't scammed (which some organizations do with money that they raise); I want to make sure the money is used in the best interest of Louisiana Tech athletics. I believe this forum was created to make suggestions for The Blue and that is what I am doing. I have no desire to join The Blue, but I wish The Blue the best. I realize I have no vote for how they spend their money; I only ask that they consider my suggestions. I believe in The Blue, and I trust that The Blue will use their donations for Tech and for their own personal gain. That is all i really wanted to say.
    Right on BUddy!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

When I was at Tech, I was a member of a student organization affiliated with my engineering major. As part of our activities, we traveled from time to time. Usually our travel costs and meals, as part of that activity, were covered in part at least. These funds were provided from donations that our organization received from donors who believed in the merits of what we're doing.

I believe that the only wrongdoing that can occur from this is if money is being spent in a manner OTHER than what the donor was told. From my standpoint, I don't see where this is the case. I do agree that a good proactive thing to do is to clearly list the things that the money will be used for. If it involves travel expenses, meals, etc. that's fine as long as the donor is aware of it.

In my mind, Tech receives a benefit from the Blue. If by having a contingent of 15-20 insanely scary looking Tech fans adorned in Braveheart outfits at a road game gives our football team a slight bit of comfort and feeling of home and something to play for, I think that is a good thing. And when I'm listening on the radio, I get a bit of joy when the team plays good on the road, and part of that is because of the Blue had enough cash to get there and get a hamburger, I think that is money well spent.

I'll visit the Paypal button next pay period. I wish you guys had been there when I was at Tech. I may not have been a painter, but I would have loved to kick it with you guys at a game.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    I'll visit the Paypal button next pay period. I wish you guys had been there when I was at Tech. I may not have been a painter, but I would have loved to kick it with you guys at a game.
    HAHA, you sound like how I was/am. I told them that I LOVE being with them, but NO WAY is this big boy painting up!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

That is a VERY good thing, Doc! I'm sure they didn't argue too much with you about it either!!!

Chris

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

I am young alumni - I just graduated in 2004. First, I would like to thank the BLUE for making basketball and football games at Tech feel like a college game in a college atmosphere and not some retirement home game. When I was at Tech from 2000-04, I painted my face and usually sat on the front row, but it still seemed there were people around me who were more concerned with there text messages and PDA's than the game. The BLUE is definitely making it more fun to go to games and more difficult for opponents. My father-in-law did not go to Tech (or any other college), but both of his kids went to Tech. He even comments on the painted fans enthusiasm. I don't know if we will ever get to the Cameron Crazies level, but this is a start. Thanks BLUE.

My opinion on the money is if someone chooses to donate their money to BLUE, then the BLUE has the right to use it however they see fit, unless I donate money and specify paint, or travel, etc. The members of the BLUE should use common sense however and not spend all their donations traveling to Hawaii to attend 1 game when they could possibly make 2 or 3 games with the same amount of money.

Note: the retirement home game was not meant as a knock one the older fans who never stand up. I realize these supporters love Tech as much as me and give lots of money to Tech, but I just wish they would stand up at least during crucial points in the game.

Go BLUE, go senior citizen fans, and GO DAWGS!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

If anyone is in the donating mood they can send money to help send Fox and Nick to Reno for the WAC tournament you will get a big shout out on the air lol!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    That is a VERY good thing, Doc! I'm sure they didn't argue too much with you about it either!!!

Chris
    HAHA, "T" is still working on getting me to paint up... he's NuTs! Now when I was at Tech I painted a C on my chest for Orientation.... but I was quite a bit skinnier back then.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    HAHA, "T" is still working on getting me to paint up... he's NuTs! Now when I was at Tech I painted a C on my chest for Orientation.... but I was quite a bit skinnier back then.

If that's all it takes Doc, We'll get you some Hydroxy Cut and some Slim Fast... Put you on the Carmen Electra strip tease workout plan too.

"T"

yea, I desperatly need to get on some diet and regular exercise schedule... just never had the motivation.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Here is my two cents on this thing.

I have stated several times over the years that I would like to see a student spirit organization formed. They would do their darndest to make sure that every Tech student knows about the home games. They would also do everything they could to help make the games "the" event. They will stand as one large student body, yell, cheer and sing. They will wear blue.

If our students take the right attitude we won't have to worry about the intramural center being open during a game, or the Union Board showing a movie. Nobody will go because they'll all be at the ball game.

It is a massive undertaking, and it cannot be accomplished in one year. It will take a dedicated group of students who want to get this started, then successive groups of students who want to build on the tradition. It will require bridge building between all student organizations. If "The Blue" will take the lead in getting the above done, I will gladly dig deep and donate to that effort. If not, I'll continue to enjoy watching "The Blue" do what they are doing now, and when you need money for specific projects I think are worthwhile I'll chip in a few bucks.

+ Reply to Thread