+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: donation

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: donation

what else is there Jford?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    No one will give you red dots for being inquisitive, that being said here comes my piece. Donation money will be used for promotion, paint supplies, apparel, travel expenses, and anything else pertenant to Louisiana Tech Athletics that we see fit for spending on. We currently have approximately $200 dollars that have been donated. As fellow broke college students, we feel your pain, and are just looking for supportive alumni, or gracious human beings that would like to help us with our efforts. As a student, you are more than welcome to join us when we act crazy or go to away games (and use the money too), but like any other democratic organization money spent will have to be voted on. A painted tech fan is definately no better than a non-painted or as you put it so eliquently "better than a Tech fan in a blue shirt". I, a man over 250 lbs WILL NOT paint my fat body and scare Tech fans away. So, I have elected to wear clothing at games. We do not even care if you don't wear a blue shirt, just support the Dawgs or Lady Techsters. The organization one chooses to donate to is all up to the individual, we feel, that we are putting a good product of avid Tech fans together (and many on the board feel this way as well) and are looking for as many outlets we can to show our love for the Dawgs and Lady Techsters. We are not being "paid". I nor anyone in the group is seeing any profit from this (that would just be wrong). No promotions have been done as of yet, because the meeting we had planned to vote on promotional spending was cancelled. We hope to have it soon, and will post the time and meeting place in "The Blue Zone" here on BBB. Donating to The Blue benefits Louisiana Tech Athletics by putting students on the front lines of support of our fellow classmates. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me jford.ltu@gmail.com.

JFord
    this shows where we are spending money, its not only paint.

JFord

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

JFord,
    If you don't have a PayPal account for the Blue, try to open one up. It makes it easy to donate. I have been meaning to send a little money, but just haven't gotten around to it. It is free to open up an account. There is a little money taken out of your donation, though, upon receipt. I do some business on the Internet and this really helps. People can use their checking account or credit card with PayPal, so it is very convenient.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    JFord,
    If you don't have a PayPal account for the Blue, try to open one up. It makes it easy to donate. I have been meaning to send a little money, but just haven't gotten around to it. It is free to open up an account. There is a little money taken out of your donation, though, upon receipt. I do some business on the Internet and this really helps. People can use their checking account or credit card with PayPal, so it is very convenient.
    we do follow the link at the end of my posts...

JFord

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Great! Let me transfer some money into my PayPal and I will get you a donation by early next week.

I am so happy to see a group of students go all out at the games and support the Dawgs and Techsters! As for me, I don't mind what you use the money on. Just use your judgement on what will help out at Tech games (and atmosphere is part of that, IMHO). I agree with some of the others, though, that if you presented a plan on here or, at least, a list of what you are going to use the money for, you will get more donations.

Great! Let me transfer some money into my PayPal and I will get you a donation by early next week.

I am so happy to see a group of students go all out at the games and support the Dawgs and Techsters! As for me, I don't mind what you use the money on. Just use your judgement on what will help out at Tech games (and atmosphere is part of that, IMHO). I agree with some of the others, though, that if you presented a plan on here or, at least, a list of what you are going to use the money for, you will get more donations.
    thanks bud!!!

JFord

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Can you send me some money too champ? I support the dawgs.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

No one will give you red dots for being inquisitive, that being said here comes my piece. Donation money will be used for promotion, paint supplies, apparel, travel expenses, and anything else pertenant to Louisiana Tech Athletics that we see fit for spending on. We currently have approximately $200 dollars that have been donated. As fellow broke college students, we feel your pain, and are just looking for supportive alumni, or gracious human beings that would like to help us with our efforts. As a student, you are more than welcome to join us when we act crazy or go to away games (and use the money too), but like any other democratic organization money spent will have to be voted on. A painted tech fan is definately no better than a non-painted or as you put it so eliquently "better than a Tech fan in a blue shirt". I, a man over 250 lbs WILL NOT paint my fat body and scare Tech fans away. So, I have elected to wear clothing at games. We do not even care if you don't wear a blue shirt, just support the Dawgs or Lady Techsters. The organization one chooses to donate to is all up to the individual, we feel, that we are putting a good product of avid Tech fans together (and many on the board feel this way as well) and are looking for as many outlets we can to show our love for the Dawgs and Lady Techsters. We are not being "paid". I nor anyone in the group is seeing any profit from this (that would just be wrong). No promotions have been done as of yet, because the meeting we had planned to vote on promotional spending was cancelled. We hope to have it soon, and will post the time and meeting place in "The Blue Zone" here on BBB. Donating to The Blue benefits Louisiana Tech Athletics by putting students on the front lines of support of our fellow classmates. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me jford.ltu@gmail.com.

JFord
    I just don't understand. Maybe I'm just stoopid. First of all, I am assuming you mean yall have $200 in your account right now. I find it hard to believe that only $200 have been donated. So what has all of that money been used for. You said "will be." You've stated that it hasn't all been on paint. You've admitted that yall haven't spent any on promotions. Where have you traveled to jford? I didn't see yall at Kansas and that was just $50 for the entire trip. What apparel have yall bought? I mean, why spend money on apparel when you have paint? So as you put so eliquently, what has been so "pertenant to Louisiana Tech athletics" that yall have spent money on? Thanks for the invite, but I don't need a group to go crazy with at the games or to travel with. I understand that people have the right to donate to any organization that they would like, but in my opinion as things are now, I believe that donors' money could benefit Louisiana Tech athletics more through BB&B, Champs, the Foundation, and the athletic department. I appreciate The Blue's support for Tech athletics, but I just don't see the need for donations for the current product. "Donating to The Blue benefits Louisiana Tech athletics by putting students on the front lines of support for our fellow classmates."??? That's a bunch of BS, you should become a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Can you send me some money too champ? I support the dawgs.
    Steltz,
    Join up with em! Believe me, I wish I had enough money to send to every single Tech student out there that needed it. I remember what it was like. The Blue seems to be a good group of guys (and gals now, as I understand) that are trying to build a great atmosphere at Tech games. That is great!

I bet they would love to have you join in. I know you are an avid Tech fan, because we share the excitement during games. Everyone has their own way of doing it. I just love that a group of Tech students are this excited about the atmosphere and are building on it.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Hey Champ, I support the Dawgs and the Lady Techsters. Check out my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    I just don't understand. Maybe I'm just stoopid. First of all, I am assuming you mean yall have $200 in your account right now. I find it hard to believe that only $200 have been donated. So what has all of that money been used for. You said "will be." You've stated that it hasn't all been on paint. You've admitted that yall haven't spent any on promotions. Where have you traveled to jford? I didn't see yall at Kansas and that was just $50 for the entire trip. What apparel have yall bought? I mean, why spend money on apparel when you have paint? So as you put so eliquently, what has been so "pertenant to Louisiana Tech athletics" that yall have spent money on? Thanks for the invite, but I don't need a group to go crazy with at the games or to travel with. I understand that people have the right to donate to any organization that they would like, but in my opinion as things are now, I believe that donors' money could benefit Louisiana Tech athletics more through BB&B, Champs, the Foundation, and the athletic department. I appreciate The Blue's support for Tech athletics, but I just don't see the need for donations for the current product. "Donating to The Blue benefits Louisiana Tech athletics by putting students on the front lines of support for our fellow classmates."??? That's a bunch of BS, you should become a politician.
    No more than 200 has been donated. We have bought very few things as well. www.the-blue.org and some paint for the guys. we have not had the opprotunity in our short existance to buy any more. you have your right to your opinion about the donating. as for the politician...i'll take that into consideration.

JFord

No more than 200 has been donated. We have bought very few things as well. www.the-blue.org and some paint for the guys. we have not had the opprotunity in our short existance to buy any more. you have your right to your opinion about the donating. as for the politician...i'll take that into consideration.

JFord
    All the website says is "this page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com."

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    All the website says is "this page is parked FREE, courtesy of GoDaddy.com."
    you are correct, we have not designed it yet.

JFord

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

The Blue is a student organization. If you are a student and want The Blue to do something or if you want to change something, JOIN. He said you didn't have to paint up to join. They only have $200 so it can't cost much to join. And then debate these things in a meeting. I am pretty sure you both have the same intentions. IMHO

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    The Blue is a student organization. If you are a student and want The Blue to do something or if you want to change something, JOIN. He said you didn't have to paint up to join. They only have $200 so it can't cost much to join. And then debate these things in a meeting. I am pretty sure you both have the same intentions. IMHO
    If I were still a student, I would join!

+ Reply to Thread