+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: donation

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: donation

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    If I were still a student, I would join!
    Yeah, BB&B is for us non students!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I don't see what the problem is with donating to the Blue. Everyone respects your opinion Steltz and BLUE but keep in mind that this is a university supported organization trying to raise money like all other organizations.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LITEMAN
    Yeah, BB&B is for us non students!
    I HOPE you are saying that tongue in cheek.

TDF

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    I HOPE you are saying that tongue in cheek.

TDF
    Well I thought that would be better than saying "old farts":icon_wink

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Im not hating. I am proud of these guys. They bring alot of energy to the TAC and to the football games. Maybe I am a little bit jealous. I've been the one of the most avid and excited Tech fan that I have known in my years here and I have had to scrape up every dollar to make it to 5 away football games in 4 years. It would have been really nice to get a few trips paid for ya know. not that 200 bucks is gonna do too much to help in travel expenses to an away game, but imagine how many flyers you guys could make with 200 bucks. Imagine how many more students you could get excited about coming to the games using that 200 bucks to PROMOTE. You guys are a great group keep up the good work.
    Im merely making a suggestion. Just seems like there are smarter ways to spend 200 bucks then paying for one person to get a flight to Reno, Fresno, or where ever.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Im not hating. I am proud of these guys. They bring alot of energy to the TAC and to the football games. Maybe I am a little bit jealous. I've been the one of the most avid and excited Tech fan that I have known in my years here and I have had to scrape up every dollar to make it to 5 away football games in 4 years. It would have been really nice to get a few trips paid for ya know. not that 200 bucks is gonna do too much to help in travel expenses to an away game, but imagine how many flyers you guys could make with 200 bucks. Imagine how many more students you could get excited about coming to the games using that 200 bucks to PROMOTE. You guys are a great group keep up the good work.
    Im merely making a suggestion. Just seems like there are smarter ways to spend 200 bucks then paying for one person to get a flight to Reno, Fresno, or where ever.
    Being painted up and at the games is what has caused more students to show up. People show up because the Blue makes everyone more excited to be there. What have flyers done for the program? "T" has taken it on himself to put up banners on campus promoting the games on each gameday. If I remember correctly he got up at 6 something this morning to make sure all the students would see it. Funding the organization is all you need to increase excitement for the program and attendance.

Besides what is better for our teams on the road to have such a great group of fans there screaming their heads off while painted blue?

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Being painted up and at the games is what has caused more students to show up. People show up because the Blue makes everyone more excited to be there. What have flyers done for the program? "T" has taken it on himself to put up banners on campus promoting the games on each gameday. If I remember correctly he got up at 6 something this morning to make sure all the students would see it. Funding the organization is all you need to increase excitement for the program and attendance.

Besides what is better for our teams on the road to have such a great group of fans there screaming their heads off while painted blue?
    Its hard to distinguish what "flyers" have done for our program, and it is just as hard to determine what "the blue" has done for our program. I guess I can't say it in any other way that they shouldn't use the money to travel to away games. Use it on something to promote attendance. It doesn't have to be flyers. Think of something creative I know you guys can do it. I understand buying paint with the money i guess, but to travel It doesnt seem like you are getting the best bang for your buck

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I don't believe that a few guys painted up is causing more students to show up. I mean, how are they gonna show up if they've never been to a game to see them painted? I believe more people are showing up because word is getting out about Paul Millsap, the fact that we are in FIRST place, and the blue crew competition that rewards the organizations. I believe Tech basketball has been on the front page of the Tech Talk for 2 consecutive weeks. I BELIEVE THAT WE NEED TO FOCUS ON GETTING FANS TO ATTEND OUR HOME GAMES INSTEAD OF PAYING FOR A FEW FANS TO TRAVEL TO ROAD GAMES. It would be a lot easier and 99999 times more productive to increase our fan base at home. That increase would instill a desire in the diehard fans to save up their hardearned money to travel to away games. Our attendance is unacceptable at home and something needs to be done about it and The Blue are the perfect guys for the job.

BTW...Unlimited flyers are free if you print them out in the computer lab.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

First I want to say the Blue do a great job of supporting Tech at the games and probably have a lot to do with getting people up and yelling, yall are awesome for that. I have to side with steltz and blue on this though, if the money is being used to pay for paint, I dont think thats right. I can live with it being used for travel, organizations use donated money on occasion to pay for travel expenses, im okay with that i guess. I agree with them though that getting attendence up at games by promoting games, with flyers and such, should be the primary goal.

Like Blue said, flyers are free to print as many as you need in the computer labs, you can use the copiers all over campus also for free. Someone had the idea of putting flyers around town, not just on campus. Go to businesses around ruston, cars downtown, wherever, just get poeple thinking about spending their thursday and saturday nights at the TAC. I told "T" Id be willing to help spread flyers around, make them, print them, whatever.

Someone else had the idea of a student trolly, going from dorms on campus and giving students free rides to games, perhaps the money could be used to pay for gas. Surely one of yall has a pickup you can throw a bunch of college kids in the back, put a tips jar in there, personally I love this idea, id do it myself but i dont have a truck. You could advertise the trolly on the flyers around campus, say it will run the hour before gametime. Maybe you could talk to someone about getting your courtside seats reserved, or send someone to the TAC to save them for those running the trolly. I just think things like that would be better for spending the money, but it is the donator's money, so if they have no problem with you using it for paint, or if they specifically say thats what they want it used for, i have no problem. I love yalls spirit and enthusiasm, i definitely hope it catches on even more, but it hink there are some valid arguments to consider here.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    First I want to say the Blue do a great job of supporting Tech at the games and probably have a lot to do with getting people up and yelling, yall are awesome for that. I have to side with steltz and blue on this though, if the money is being used to pay for paint, I dont think thats right. I can live with it being used for travel, organizations use donated money on occasion to pay for travel expenses, im okay with that i guess. I agree with them though that getting attendence up at games by promoting games, with flyers and such, should be the primary goal.

Like Blue said, flyers are free to print as many as you need in the computer labs, you can use the copiers all over campus also for free. Someone had the idea of putting flyers around town, not just on campus. Go to businesses around ruston, cars downtown, wherever, just get poeple thinking about spending their thursday and saturday nights at the TAC. I told "T" Id be willing to help spread flyers around, make them, print them, whatever.

Someone else had the idea of a student trolly, going from dorms on campus and giving students free rides to games, perhaps the money could be used to pay for gas. Surely one of yall has a pickup you can throw a bunch of college kids in the back, put a tips jar in there, personally I love this idea, id do it myself but i dont have a truck. You could advertise the trolly on the flyers around campus, say it will run the hour before gametime. Maybe you could talk to someone about getting your courtside seats reserved, or send someone to the TAC to save them for those running the trolly. I just think things like that would be better for spending the money, but it is the donator's money, so if they have no problem with you using it for paint, or if they specifically say thats what they want it used for, i have no problem. I love yalls spirit and enthusiasm, i definitely hope it catches on even more, but it hink there are some valid arguments to consider here.
    Good post. Flyers alone won't cut it but anything promoting the game (be flyers or whatever) along with students understanding the TAC is the place to be (which the Blue IMO does) is what will increase attendance.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

i just have one question....

if y'all have no prob with our spirit, and y'all aren't donating, why all the grief?

JFord

Quote Originally Posted by jford

if y'all have no prob with our spirit, and y'all aren't donating, why all the grief?

JFord
    Another good post.

JFord
    I hate to see people give money to unworthy charities. Im just saying yall could be doing some damn good things with the money.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

who's to say we won't even if its not in your eyes?

JFord

who's to say we won't even if its not in your eyes?

JFord
    That was pretty philosophical.

+ Reply to Thread