+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: donation

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: donation

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    i just have one question....

if y'all have no prob with our spirit, and y'all aren't donating, why all the grief?

JFord
    Like i said, if people want you to use the money for paint, have at it. I just think promoting sports would be the better use for the money. If the blue is about getting money for paint and sending yall to away games, fine. But if it is to promote sports the money should be used for that, not paint.

The main point here is that you guys are in a position to really promote Tech sports and have alot of people listen to you, i think you should take advantage of that and help increase the attendence. flyers, e-mails, posters, newspaper ads, a student trolly, are all better ways to increase attendence than painting blue, in my opinion.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I just want the money spent in the best interest of Louisiana Tech athletics. Isn't that what you want? What can all that money do to enhance support for Louisiana Tech sports? You may think painting yourselves blue and sending yourselves on trips to games in Reno and Fresno on donations are in the best interest of Louisiana Tech athletics; I believe that winning the battle for student support on campus is in the best interest for Louisiana Tech athletics. In my eyes, that is what is good. Of course good for you is getting money to paint yourselves and travel. It's about what's good in Tech's eyes. I haven't seen any of these banners or promotions around campus that yall speak of. This is a war that The Blue can win. I believe that The Blue has much potential to change Ruston.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

but paint blue TOO!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Wow... this thread has gotten quite ridiculous. So let me get this straight... someone really thinks that Jim will do something good with a minut amount of somewhere about $200. This is the man that got several thousand dollars a long time ago to get a damn commemoritive fence up and hasn't even started one of them. Instead this small donation can be used to help out 20 - 30 students (not sure of the exact amount). If you guys all want to go to away games, meet up, get a minivan or something that will hold alot of people, and roll in style to the games. If you fit 6 people in a minivan, gas split that much would be relativly easy to pay for. Talk to the local churches and see if someone would be willing to drive one of the church vans with 10-12 students to some of the away games. Paint the vans up to show that they are TECH vans for this weekend.

Same as Jfo, I sit with the BLUE, love these guys, but will not paint the body. I may be painting the face one day... but we'll see. No offense to Dwayne, Howard, Ed, and Tommy and other alumni, but sitting at a game with the BLUEis one of the major things that keeps bringing me back. It would be quite different, but I actually wish that they wouldn't sit courtside. I wish that they would be in that area in front of the announcer booths so that instead of 20 guys standing courtside, it was 200 students standing in the whole front red area. The BLUE is a group that is 10 times better than the JJ group and the other groups and helps excite fans across the whole arena, stands, field... whatever the case be.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO CONTEST SOMETHING, take that silly contest that they have going for the $500 dollars. It's a contest that spans only 2 games. Their is ZERO obligation to continue supporting the teams after winning your money. The frats and sororities don't appear to have ANY noticable crowd except for the games for money. They appear to choose a winner based on trying to make them feel good and come to more games... rather than the best groups. (BLUE and Hoop Troop)

Anyways, let's please drop this pretty petty arguement and leave it at, if you want to donate, then donate to the cause that you would like to, and ask that the said group give you a report as to what their money went to. So BLUE, I just paypal-ed you some dough. If you are planning a big trip or a big purchase, please just tell me how it will help you guys and keep me in the loop. I want to know where every bit of my 75 cent donation is going!

P.S. "BLUE" - nothing personal - your signature is FAR more of a silly idea than donating to the Blue. A group of 20 guys... or a single fan that's just begging to go. Good luck with that. I do not believe that they ever mentioned anything about flying to Reno or Fresno or places like that. It says travel expenses. That can be something as simple as gas to and from the paint store, to the semi regional games, and yes... even driving around town to all the local businesses and passing out flyers.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, Doc.

The whole point is people will send money to things that they think are worthy. If the Blue's goal is not worthy in people's eyes, they won't send the money.

I wish that the Blue's membership would grow to enormous numbers. A Packed TAC with Blue members would be extraordinary!

GO DAWGS!
    GO BLUE!
    GO Steltz!
    GO BLUE (the person that posts under the name Blue)!
    GO TECH FANS!

JUST YELL!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Being painted up and at the games is what has caused more students to show up.
    I think this is the root of some of the hard feelings that some might feel towards 'the blue." As was discussed several months ago, "the blue" is part of a trend of more student support. I'm not sure if your specifically talking about basketball or if you mean all sports, but there have been students goin and working hard to get students to the games for several years. Is "the blue" THE reason for more student support...no. Is "the blue" A reason that there is more student support...YES. Are they a HUGE part of student support, I'd say maybe but that they are definately moving in that direction. I'd love to see "the blue" thrive and really be able to channel the school spirit.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ultimately it will come down to this. If you want the blue to do one thing or another, you must be a member who goes to the meetings and votes. I used to complain about the BCM when I was at Tech. In fact, all I did was complain in my later years. Toward the end of my senior year I realized something...the only way the BCM would change is if I quit complaining and went to the BCM to implement some of the change that I saw was needed. If, ultimately, you choose not to associate with the Blue, that's fine, but your suggestions are more likely to become just that. Voting members can make a difference in the organization. If these guys can raise money, more power to them. I think the money would be better spent on advertising to the students...if I'm not a member, it doesn't matter what I think (this isn't to say that jford and crew won't listen to my suggestions). But, as a potential donor, I'm more likely to contribute when I can clearly see where the money is going and whether or not I agree with the method of spending. "And that's all I have to say about that."
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I've got a meeting with some Tech officials in a few minutes about getting some issues clarified and hammered out.. The game day sign in the student center which was new on Thursday will become a regular on game days... We're also working on flyers.. something along the lines of #1 in the WAC, our record, and Pac the TAC win the WAC... something along those lines... We've all been extra busy this week with exams and papers coming up, but we've got some things in the works that will hopefully get done before next weeks games. This is just kind of an update to let you know where we're at.. Honestly guys, my only desire is to see Tech win!

"T"

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Sounds like some good stuff T. Keep developing new and innovative ideas to get the students EXCITED. ya'll have a great group of guys and could make all the difference in the world to Tech Athletics.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    P.S. "BLUE" - nothing personal - your signature is FAR more of a silly idea than donating to the Blue. A group of 20 guys... or a single fan that's just begging to go. Good luck with that. I do not believe that they ever mentioned anything about flying to Reno or Fresno or places like that. It says travel expenses. That can be something as simple as gas to and from the paint store, to the semi regional games, and yes... even driving around town to all the local businesses and passing out flyers.
    HAAHaHAHAaHA!!!! Doc, my signature is just a joke man. I didn't even put my name on it, and you don't send cash through the mail. It's just my way of expressing how silly I think the "Donate to The Blue" paypal signature link is. I don't want any handouts from other Tech fans, and the signature is in no way begging for money. I am going to Reno with my own money that I earned from working and mowing yards that I had saved up to travel to a bowl game. And I did hear members of The Blue talking about how they were planning on using the donation money to go to Fresno for the football game. It was just not directly posted on here. Travel expenses to and from the paint store?? WOW!! Travel expenses driving around to the local businesses?? Ruston isn't that big. Are they driving around to local businesses? Please be realistic, nothing personal.

Varsity Bulldog techstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to all

Funny your name is blue but you aren't in the blue. What's up with that. Not dedicated enough to paint up? Don't have that much passion for tech? I see nothing wrong with donating them money to go to games. ESPECIALLY games like North Texas in Denton or A&M in College Station.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    HAAHaHAHAaHA!!!! Doc, my signature is just a joke man. I didn't even put my name on it, and you don't send cash through the mail. It's just my way of expressing how silly I think the "Donate to The Blue" paypal signature link is. I don't want any handouts from other Tech fans, and the signature is in no way begging for money. I am going to Reno with my own money that I earned from working and mowing yards that I had saved up to travel to a bowl game. And I did hear members of The Blue talking about how they were planning on using the donation money to go to Fresno for the football game. It was just not directly posted on here. Travel expenses to and from the paint store?? WOW!! Travel expenses driving around to the local businesses?? Ruston isn't that big. Are they driving around to local businesses? Please be realistic, nothing personal.
    Well no offense but your "joke" makes you sound like an jerk. I don't see what is funny about an actual organization raising money. Maybe you can elighten me there. It is nice that you are paying for your own way to Reno. That is exactly what the Blue has done with the away games they have gone to. I was talking to "T" before the Fresno game when he wanted to go and he said he was either going to pay his way or somehow raise some money.

And you are blowing this entire thing out of proportion. JFord said many times that there are many ways for the money to be spent but yet you continue to complain like all they are planning on spending it on is travel. If you have better ideas on how to use the resources of the Blue then either suggest it to "T" or JFord off of the board or join the Blue.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Like I said earlier guys, all I want is for the Dawgs and the Techsters to win Win WIN!!! The Blue is open to anybody... if you paint or simply wear a blue shirt to the game! It's all about getting the players pumped up... that's whats in it for me... seeing some good old fashioned butt whoopings!!

"T"

Quote Originally Posted by techstudent09
    Funny your name is blue but you aren't in the blue. What's up with that. Not dedicated enough to paint up? Don't have that much passion for tech? I see nothing wrong with donating them money to go to games. ESPECIALLY games like North Texas in Denton or A&M in College Station.
    Dude, that is funny. I created my screen name in July and The Blue didn't become an organization until the middle of football season. I would change my name if I could. Previously many of my fans mistook me for being in The Blue, and now it is obviously clear that I am not in The Blue. To call me "not dedicated enough to paint up" and saying that I "don't have that much passion for Tech" is just ignorant. How many people on this board paint up? Does everybody in The Blue paint up? No. And who are you to judge my heart? Trust me buddy, my heart is with Tech and will always be with Tech. Everyone has their different beliefs. You believe there is "nothing wrong with donating them money to go to games." I believe money donated to them should go toward other endeavors such as promoting student support at home on campus. BTW, SGA will be putting packages together for the students to attend games at North Texas and Texas A&M for a highly discounted price just like they did for Kansas this year which was only $50 for the entire trip including transportation and admission. Just curious, are you in The Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Well no offense but your "joke" makes you sound like an jerk. I don't see what is funny about an actual organization raising money. Maybe you can elighten me there. It is nice that you are paying for your own way to Reno. That is exactly what the Blue has done with the away games they have gone to. I was talking to "T" before the Fresno game when he wanted to go and he said he was either going to pay his way or somehow raise some money.

And you are blowing this entire thing out of proportion. JFord said many times that there are many ways for the money to be spent but yet you continue to complain like all they are planning on spending it on is travel. If you have better ideas on how to use the resources of the Blue then either suggest it to "T" or JFord off of the board or join the Blue.
    My apologies to you, T, jford, The Blue, and everyone on this board if I came across as a jerk, and I'm sorry if I am blowing this entire thing out of proportion. That was far from my intent. I was just trying to make a point. I am not trying to bash The Blue. I think they are an organization with a ton of potential to progress the state of Louisiana Tech athletics. My intent is to keep The Blue accountable for what they do with the money that has been donated to them. My opinion is that their money should not be used to pay for their travel expenses, and that it should be used to promote student support on campus. Nobody else has to share my opinion, but there are others that do share my opinion. There is nothing wrong with an organization raising money; it's what they spend their money on that matters. I want the donors to be educated on exactly where their money is going. I just want to make sure they aren't using it as their personal piggy bank for travel expenses; I want to make sure that the donors aren't scammed (which some organizations do with money that they raise); I want to make sure the money is used in the best interest of Louisiana Tech athletics. I believe this forum was created to make suggestions for The Blue and that is what I am doing. I have no desire to join The Blue, but I wish The Blue the best. I realize I have no vote for how they spend their money; I only ask that they consider my suggestions. I believe in The Blue, and I trust that The Blue will use their donations for Tech and not for their own personal gain. That is all i really wanted to say.

ETA...I accidently left out a "not" that has now been added. It makes a little more sense now.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-27-2006 at 08:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread