+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Summer Camps Set for La Tech Sports

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Summer Camps Set for La Tech Sports

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

With the 2012-13 athletic season coming to a close, the Louisiana Tech sports programs are gearing up to hold numerous camps throughout the summer.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Re: W. Basketball. Summer Camps Set for La Tech Sports

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

With the 2012-13 athletic season coming to a close, the Louisiana Tech sports programs are gearing up to hold numerous camps throughout the summer.

More...

Discuss it here.
    Heading out on June 13th bringing a team to the camp.
    I am excited to show off the Talent we have in Florida at this camp.

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

Hey Phil, safe travels and maybe we will get a chance to play each other. We will be the purple/gray team. Think we will attend Friday only. We may be ok and we may be horrible. lol.

PS- just got your PM and they got on it.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by SEHarshaw View Post
    Hey Phil, safe travels and maybe we will get a chance to play each other. We will be the purple/gray team. Think we will attend Friday only. We may be ok and we may be horrible. lol.

PS- just got your PM and they got on it.
    What school?
    We will either be Dixie Hollins or Talent Quest Florida, I have not decided which uniforms I want to use yet lol

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

We will be El Dorado LCB. Small high school from S. Arkansas... where Whitney Frazier and Kanedria Andrews played a couple of years ago. Might be missing a few of our better players due to AAU tourneys... maybe, maybe not. Guess we will see how good we'll be soon enough.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Any info on how many teams they have

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Any info on how many teams they have
    last time I checked it was around 17 teams

We will be El Dorado LCB. Small high school from S. Arkansas... where Whitney Frazier and Kanedria Andrews played a couple of years ago. Might be missing a few of our better players due to AAU tourneys... maybe, maybe not. Guess we will see how good we'll be soon enough.
    Oh the good ole days of playing against Parkers Chapel. I used to HATE going there because they were so hard to beat on their home floor.
    We would always play them when I was in school and then would usually play them again at Dual State.
    Spearsville is where I grew up.

CRAP Whitney and Kanedria didn't play at Parkers Chapel. Does Union still have a school there?

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

hope they have a big turnout

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    hope they have a big turnout
    I think it would be awesome if those in the Ruston area turned out to see some of the games at the Team Camp, there will be a lot of teams there that will be most likely traveling without a lot of support and I am sure that they would love to see fans there watching some of the games.

I know that we are coming and we have parents that for the most part just can't get off work to travel with us but I have family and some teammates from high school that are coming down to watch us play.

I want to meet as many of you that are on here as possible that are in the area.

I am bringing a three REALLY good kids with me Jazmine Vival 6'4 post player, Alyssa Ward 5'8 PG (McDonalds All American Nominee her junior year) and Meagan Thomas 5'8 SG. I am trying to get some other legit DI kids with us and I have one 6'2 PF/C that will be coming but she is just a freshman.
    Amber Jennings was the MVP as a Sophmore at the UNC position camp but I really think she is just too small to play in the CUSA but this will be a great experience for her to get to play in Ruston.
    I am pushing her towards some Southland Conference Schools.
    Last edited by philgarris; 05-30-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Oh the good ole days of playing against Parkers Chapel. I used to HATE going there because they were so hard to beat on their home floor.
    We would always play them when I was in school and then would usually play them again at Dual State.
    Spearsville is where I grew up.

CRAP Whitney and Kanedria didn't play at Parkers Chapel. Does Union still have a school there?
    Savanna Langston played at Parkers Chapel.

Whitney and Nedria played for me at El Dorado High School (LCB is our knickname). Union got shut down and consolidated with us.

Sounds like you've got a loaded squad coming in. We are nowhere near as good a we used to be but we should play hard defense. Crap, two years ago by the end of the year I wouldve put our girls up against anyone in the country.... and that was with only two kids at 5'10. They were just all so fast and aggressive and figured out our defensive system perfectly and we had one great player and several very good all around players. We are struggling with basics now... like passing and catching and understanding that the people wearing the same color as you are on your team while the other color jerseys are the opponent. LOL.

Should be an interesting summer. We will play hard though. See you in a couple of weeks

Whitney and Nedria played for me at El Dorado High School (LCB is our knickname). Union got shut down and consolidated with us.

Sounds like you've got a loaded squad coming in. We are nowhere near as good a we used to be but we should play hard defense. Crap, two years ago by the end of the year I wouldve put our girls up against anyone in the country.... and that was with only two kids at 5'10. They were just all so fast and aggressive and figured out our defensive system perfectly and we had one great player and several very good all around players. We are struggling with basics now... like passing and catching and understanding that the people wearing the same color as you are on your team while the other color jerseys are the opponent. LOL.

Should be an interesting summer. We will play hard though. See you in a couple of weeks
    This will be a lot of fun for them and the response from their parents have been incredible. Bria Murphy who is coming as one of the PG is going to sign with either the MEAC or SWAC conference type school is a coaches kid and her dad who coaches boys basketball at a neighboring school said this is an opportunity of a life time to go and see first hand a major part of the history of Women's basketball. He told his daughter to cherish every moment on the floor because she would be standing and playing on the court where champions played.

I am using this as much as a teaching moment as anything, trust me I have told everyone that we have selected that this is a job interview and that they need to view it as such.

There is a chance that I will have Aliya Gregory 5'10 guard from Strawberry Crest (Tampa) with me, she is ranked #57 in the 2014 Hoop Gurlz Top 60. Her high school coach is La Tosha Lewis, if that name sounds familiar it is because she played and coached at Stephen F. Austin.
    I could also be bringing an additional 6'3 kid with me and another guard all from that same school.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Hat's off to you coaches that still support the program at LaTech!
    Having you guys on the board and posting your comments mean a lot to us diehard Fans of the Techsters
    Good luck at the Camp!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Hat's off to you coaches that still support the program at LaTech!
    Having you guys on the board and posting your comments mean a lot to us diehard Fans of the Techsters
    Good luck at the Camp!
    !
    I can't speak for anyone but myself but I made a commitment to everyone that I would do everything in my power to help us get quality athletes into program and what better way to introduce some of those athletes to the program than to put their butts on a van and bring them to Ruston.
    I am just trying to figure out the game plan as to how to get these individuals that have never played together to work as a unit on the floor for eight games in three days.
    I get to put in the old Loyola Marymount fast break and three man offenses along with full court man to man defense with some possible run and jump scenarios.
    I have three practices to get this done prior to getting to Louisiana Tech next Friday. LOL

+ Reply to Thread