+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last night in the TAC!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Last night in the TAC!

Ok, so all of this is still up in the air and not for sure, but it did come from a reliable source... When Quarvay Winbush wore his box and imitated #23 on the sidelines, he drew a non shooting Technical. Rumor has it that Dan Reneau is writing a memo to all students and faculty about this incident... a source close to Dr. Reneau only writes memos like this when his wife gets upset, and his wife didn't think that Quarvay was very funny last night. This may mean that courtside seating is going to be gone(that is the assumption at this point) Another attempt from Tech to kill all school spirit? Like I said, the specificts of the memo haven't been disclosed, but there is a memo coming... Watch out!!

"T"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Last night in the TAC!

I hope that isn't true. I wouldn't want to sit anywhere else than courtside. If it happens I think the Blue needs to do whatever possible to get the seats back.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Just for the record, MY wife didn't like it either. She thought it just made Tech fans look stupid.

I, on the other hand, thought that Imaku brought it on herself the way she kept throwing a tantrum every time a foul was called against SJSU. She sure looked like she was swearing to me, but I guess not since she never got the T.

Anyway, we've (my family) always been excessively concerned with sportsmanship and have felt that you should let your athletic performance speak for itself; if you have to make fun of the refs or be rude to the opposing team, then it takes away from the performance of your team. And when your team is tearing the opponent to shreds, it just looks arrogant. I enjoy a few hecklers and smarta$$es in any sports crowd, but it does seem lately like more of our fans are starting to act more like LSU fans... JMHO

But I'm definitely glad there wasn't too big a deal made about it at the game, I mean, nobody got ejected. But they should have known better than to leave a big ol' empty box with The Blue, that's all I'm saying.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

BTW--Didn't know their coach was a LA girl. Think she and Keith are related?

Puppy tchrdawg is an unknown

Just for clarification, there was not a technical called only a warning issued with a reminder that there should be no unsportsmanlike behavior by fans or players. The only technical was called on the SJSU coach.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I think an announcement from the PA announcer is plenty of punishment for this kind of act. It would be different if our fans were being total a$$es for every game, but it is totally inconcievable that the president of a University would feel justified to send out a campus wide email for fan behavior. If he does that, then he has way too much time on his hands and wants to micromanage those types of things then he needs to find a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I think an announcement from the PA announcer is plenty of punishment for this kind of act. It would be different if our fans were being total a$$es for every game, but it is totally inconcievable that the president of a University would feel justified to send out a campus wide email for fan behavior. If he does that, then he has way too much time on his hands and wants to micromanage those types of things then he needs to find a new hobby.
    Hh-heh... He said "micro" Don't you mean "nano"?

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm with you, Boss. This is the first I have heard of it but, knowing Dr. Dan, I would look for a campus-wide memo.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg
    I'm with you, Boss. This is the first I have heard of it but, knowing Dr. Dan, I would look for a campus-wide memo.
    If it's true, I'm truly sad for La Tech athletics. No one threw anything on the court to endanger the players. No one threatened the lives of players or referees, and no one threw the middle finger. If people are so sensitive and PC now days, then put up sound proof hockey glass around the court!

This ain't the opera guys, it's sports!!!!!!!

PS - if Dr. Dan does send a memo, let me know. I'll be more than happy to send him and JO one back. You're never going to get the revenue from athletics if no one shows up to the game. And if they do, they are supposed to sit there like good little students and clap ever so lightly everytime anyone makes a shot.

Call what Quarvy did tasteless, classless or whatever, I thought it was hysterical, and trust me I'VE SEEN WORSE!

But...now that I think of it...let Dan send the e-mail. I'm sure he'll get as big of a response as the numerous marketing e-mails that EVERYBODY reads letting them know there is a sports event going on!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

If the ref made his point, it isn't the president's job to beat the dead horse any more!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Ok, so all of this is still up in the air and not for sure, but it did come from a reliable source... When Quarvay Winbush wore his box and imitated #23 on the sidelines, he drew a non shooting Technical. Rumor has it that Dan Reneau is writing a memo to all students and faculty about this incident... a source close to Dr. Reneau only writes memos like this when his wife gets upset, and his wife didn't think that Quarvay was very funny last night. This may mean that courtside seating is going to be gone(that is the assumption at this point) Another attempt from Tech to kill all school spirit? Like I said, the specificts of the memo haven't been disclosed, but there is a memo coming... Watch out!!

"T"
    Never underestimate the power of being the MAN's PET program -

BTW - I thought it was hilarious and if they pull the student seating I will pull 4 Techster season tickets - and I would suggest that others do the same -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What happened??

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    What happened??
    The students were having a little fun at the expense of the San Jose St point guard -

The refs had Jimmy announce over the PA to please refrain from "unsportsman like conduct"....

The "unsportsmanlike conduct" they were refering to was Winbush putting on a box with #23 and the players last name on it and getting on his knees acting like he was dribbling the ball -

I must say that it was a STRIKING resemblance to the SJSt player -

It was one of the better "jokes" I have seen in my years of attending ballgames -

It wasn't profane, it was beligerent or sexually demeaning - it was FUNNY -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DFM for the facts. Just be thankful I don't live in North Louisiana, as Dr. would have banned me from the games long ago. What will happen next, we won't be able to yell "air ball" because it may embarrass the player and hurt her feelings.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I say keep up the good work!

+ Reply to Thread