+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pigtails back in La.

Varsity Bulldog techstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to all

Re: Pigtails back in La.

I am still trying to understand why people hate Kim Mulkey so much that they pull for LSU to beat Baylor. She was a great player for tech as well. If I understand it right didn't she leave because tech wouldn't give her a longer contract?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

In the postgame interview, Kim said the confrontation was about comments made in the pregame. Her statement was that "Pokey made a comment that was highly unprofessional" She wouldn't say what it was, though. The local news didn't show any comments by Pokey.

Big Dog Tech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really niceTech09 is just really nice Tech09's Avatar

Interesting. I would be curious to know what those comments were. My coutnerpart was at the game tonight as he is a Baylor alum. I will see if he has any scoop on this matter.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

According to WWLTV, it was related to pregame comments by Pokey to Kim. The reporter threw out a guess that it had to do with a star recruit (Allison Hightower) out of Texas who signed early with LSU after narrowing down her choices to LSU and Baylor.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

ESPN Sportscenter just showed some of the post-game comments and KMR said it was something Pokey said that Pokey "hadn't coached enough or won enough" (rough quote) to have the privilege of saying that -- especially in a pregame setting. KMR was mad! Her eyes were shooting flames.

KMR refused to say what the quote was, instead suggesting that the reporter ask Pokey what it was. But she then added that they should make sure someone from the LSU administration was present when she said it.

Pokey then came on and refused to say anything about what she exactly said. But they did show a clip saying essentially, "Come on. You guys know me better than that to say something (insulting or controversial)."

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Meow!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1
    AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY TECH DID NOT KEEP MULKEY. DONT GET ME WRONG SHE IS A HELL OF A COACH, BUT THERE IS MORE TO THE STORY THAN WHAT IS OUT THERE.

I HAVE HEARD SHE CAN BE VERY CLASSLESS AND JUST A PLAIN BI**H AT TIMES.

PART OF THAT FIRE THOUGH IS WHAT MAKES HER A GREAT COACH.
    Tech wanted her or they would not have offered her a contract, and yes it was decent for a first time head coach, Baylor outbid Tech by alot. BTW, I never played ball for a coach that was my friend. All of my coaches were constantly in our grills and we hated them, but we always had good teams.

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

Women's basketball is like the special olympics and KMR is a female dog.

P.S. anyone ever remember seeing her husband at the games in his parachute pants? He looked like a little fairy. Bring on the red dots baby!

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I'll take Mulkey over LSU anyday........LSU may have won, but I'll take her LA Tech fight anyday....I hate that she coaches Baylor now, but she has the experience do do what she wants.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

I wonder what that was all about ? From what I have seen, and read, Pokey is a class act. Pigtails must have been embarassed in her return to La., and couldn't keep her mouth shut. Pokey did the right thing, by just walking away.

Yea, right.

"Pigtails" is a great coach, a great person and was a great player for Louisiana Tech. When she is winning the National Championship for Baylor, everyone is "oh, woe is me", what could have been, but she got away.

It has not been reported "YET" what was said. You don't know what Pokey said and you don't know what Kim's response was. I think until you have all the facts, you should reserve judgement, if you are even qualified to give judgement in the first place?

I realize this is an "opinion" board, but I am amazed at how some offer ridiculous opinions.

Please post what you have "read" that indicates Chatman is a "class act"?.

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

Coop are you and KMR old slumber party gals or something? KMR was a female dog to the legend Mr. Barmore, we all know this. So i don't really care how many championships she could have won at special olympics she still sniffs butts and eats puke. Deal with it.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechStudent
    Coop are you and KMR old slumber party gals or something? KMR was a female dog to the legend Mr. Barmore, we all know this. So i don't really care how many championships she could have won at special olympics she still sniffs butts and eats puke. Deal with it.
    Enough already!

BTW, "parachute pants" was a quarterback on Tech's Golden Years teams (44-4 record) so he deserves a little more respect than you're failing to offer.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We all know the reason that KMR is tiffed is because Pokey told KMR to tell Randy to quit calling her....

:icon_razz
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    We all know the reason that KMR is tiffed is because Pokey told KMR to tell Randy to quit calling her....

:icon_razz
    Oh, that was just cold.......

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

[quote=coop1448]"Pigtails" is a great coach, a great person and was a great player for Louisiana Tech.
    quote]

I must have REALLY missed something!

I was a student at Tech during Kim's playing days, and thought I got to know her pretty well. Always wished she'd let me drive her corvette.:icon_wink Just one of the many "perks" that began spoiling her and building her attitude.

I later worked at Tech for 17 years. I dropped in and visited with the Techster staff quite often, maybe too often. Sometimes you get too close to people and find out things you'd rather not know. Like Kim's tirades with Leon. Man could she mess up an office! She could also pack up her stuff and quit when she got a notion.

But like I said, I must have missed something - getting too close to those involved can cloud one's judgment. So you're probably right. "Pigtails" is a great coach, a great person"

+ Reply to Thread