+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on nlulm mascot?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Suggestions on nlulm mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi

this place and (others that i didn't feel like posting) say he actually flew the tomahawk...that'd be a pretty neat transition for them the "nlulm tomahawks." but i don't know if that's still "racist."

from: http://www.nasm.si.edu/research/aero...curtissp40.htm

W
    hether it was the Tomahawk, Warhawk, or Kittyhawk, the Curtiss P-40, in all its many variations, was a successful and versatile fighter aircraft during the first half of World War II. The shark-mouthed Tomahawks that General Claire Chennault led against the Japanese remain among the most popular fighter aircraft of the war. In the Phillipines, Lt. Boyd D. Wagner became the first American ace of World War II while flying a P-40E when he shot down six Japanese aircraft during mid-December 1941. P-40s were first-line Army Air Corps fighters at the start of the war but they soon gave way to more advanced designs such as the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt and the Lockheed P-38 Lightening (see NASM collection for both aircraft). The P-40 is not ranked among the best overall fighters of the war but it was a rugged, effective design available in large numbers early in the war when America and her allies urgently required them. The P-40 remained in production from 1939 to the end of 1944 and a total of 13, 737 were built.
    Or just the 'Hawks, and the ' can stand for whatever they want. Their mascot could be a plane, with a tomohawk in the nose paint, with a oddly dark-skinned shirtless pilot smoking a handmade pipe.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

could you imagine being the guy that has to dress up like a plane for every game...if you thought their last mascot costume looked bad...

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

these could work...but i don't know if they make them in adult sizes:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi
    could you imagine being the guy that has to dress up like a plane for every game...if you thought their last mascot costume looked bad...
    Well, if they take my idea, they can still dress like Indians, just put on WWII pilot's headgear. Maybe they can identify some WWII-era pilot who was native American and name him the mascot. It will make it ever so simple if they can find one named Tommy...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    Or just the 'Hawks, and the ' can stand for whatever they want. Their mascot could be a plane, with a tomohawk in the nose paint, with a oddly dark-skinned shirtless pilot smoking a handmade pipe.
    One of the NLULM profs says the colors of the hawk bird are . . . . (drumroll) maroon and gold.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 03-11-2006 at 09:49 AM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    One of the NLULM profs says the colors of the war hawk bird are . . . . (drumroll) maroon and gold.
    This will be NLU's shot at finally becoming purple and gold.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 03-11-2006 at 09:45 AM.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Will be decided via online poll...:icon_wink

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Will be decided via online poll...:icon_wink
    Hopefully they won't have cookies and you can vote for the worst name.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Hopefully they won't have cookies and you can vote for the worst name.
    ULM Aviators...

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

ULM Aviators...
    Why not ULM Ray-Bans?

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup
    Why not ULM Ray-Bans?
    Copyrights...

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I have a real problem with HAWKS and WAR HAWKS. The HAWKS was my squadron in Germany. A really long history as the 23 FS fighting hawks. The WAR HAWKS was one of the sister squadrons at Spandahlem. I couldn't do it to a fellow fighter squadron with a distinguished history even though the two squadrons had their moments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog
    I have a real problem with HAWKS and WAR HAWKS. The HAWKS was my squadron in Germany. A really long history as the 23 FS fighting hawks. The WAR HAWKS was one of the sister squadrons at Spandahlem. I couldn't do it to a fellow fighter squadron with a distinguished history even though the two squadrons had their moments.
    I see where you are coming from. Unfortunately, tie-ins like these only make those choices MORE appealing. Make sure this doesn't link to the ULM contingency.

If it were MY school (thank you, Lord that it is not), I would pick Warhawks. Since it is not, I am going to vote as many times as I can for Aviators or Bayou Buccaneers...

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I understand all the flying history in Monroe but I find it kind of ironic that they don't have an aviation school and are looking at all these flying mascots.

+ Reply to Thread