+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Techsters Ranked #21 in NCAA RPI

Varsity Bulldog nevester is an unknown

Techsters Ranked #21 in NCAA RPI

The Techsters are ranked # 21 in the NCAA's newly released RPI.
    Here is the link: http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/Wrpi1.html

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Techsters Ranked #21 in NCAA RPI

Wow! That helps since we are playing some VERY low rpi's coming up. We need to be as high as possible at this point. #21 is GREAT!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

That's what I like to see... breaking the top 25 again! The only place we're going this season is up!!

"T"

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

FANTASTIC !!!

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Question: Please forgive my ignorance, but how do they compute the RPI ? I know that Carolina is a great team, but they've only played UCONN and Duke that are noteworthy this season. I know beating them did them good, and their conference is the top conference, but what else contributed to them getting that high.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajo71
    Question: Please forgive my ignorance, but how do they compute the RPI ? I know that Carolina is a great team, but they've only played UCONN and Duke that are noteworthy this season. I know beating them did them good, and their conference is the top conference, but what else contributed to them getting that high.
    Pretty complex formula and Reality can explain it MUCH better than I can. However, the basics are your record, you opponent's record, and your opponent's opponent's record. Being in the WAC (nototiously low rpi teams), we have to play some really good teams in out of conference play. Playing teams from the B12, SEC, B10, and ACC help us tremendously, even if they are middle of the pack teams. When they get in conference, their opponents have high rpi's. That helps us, especially if they win.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Pretty complex formula and Reality can explain it MUCH better than I can. However, the basics are your record, you opponent's record, and your opponent's opponent's record. Being in the WAC (nototiously low rpi teams), we have to play some really good teams in out of conference play. Playing teams from the B12, SEC, B10, and ACC help us tremendously, even if they are middle of the pack teams. When they get in conference, their opponents have high rpi's. That helps us, especially if they win.

It's alot like the BCS, but much Much MUCH better!

"T"

Quote Originally Posted by T
    It's alot like the BCS, but much Much MUCH better!

"T"
    True. At least it gives teams from conferences like the WAC a chance to get in the tournament. However, it all depends on the gamble that you take with scheduling. Long did a great job with our schedule this year. It is a shame that we didn't beat WKU and Kansas. That would have done wonders for our ranking and rpi.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    . It is a shame that we didn't beat WKU and Kansas.
    Oh, so it's Kansas now? Thought we played K State.

Oh, that's right, just like New Mexico and New Mexico State are one in the same, so too are KU and KSU. I got it now.

Just yanking ya chain :icon_wink

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevester
    The Techsters are ranked # 21 in the NCAA's newly released RPI.
    Here is the link: http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/Wrpi1.html
    That's great. But, I believe we play a string of some very low rated teams. Gotta win 'em all, of course. But even so, we'll emerge lower than 21st.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Oh, so it's Kansas now? Thought we played K State.

Oh, that's right, just like New Mexico and New Mexico State are one in the same, so too are KU and KSU. I got it now.

Just yanking ya chain :icon_wink

Do not be hassling Champ, he is still giddy from the FB signings earlier today and from the Techsters re-entry into the Top 25....

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Good day to be giddy!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    That's great. But, I believe we play a string of some very low rated teams. Gotta win 'em all, of course. But even so, we'll emerge lower than 21st.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get more points (almost double the RPI points) if you beat a team on the road... correct? So at least we have these 3 teams on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    Do not be hassling Champ, he is still giddy from the FB signings earlier today and from the Techsters re-entry into the Top 25....
    Actually, I never have to worry about it. Dawg80 is my official University Name Corrector. :icon_wink

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you get more points (almost double the RPI points) if you beat a team on the road... correct? So at least we have these 3 teams on the road.
    RC is up on the RPI stuff. He'll know. But, if true, then it won't hurt quite as much.

The road game that concerns me the most is Idaho(whenever the game is). I think they are better than their record. Oh wait, is it Idaho or Idaho State....? Oh, that's right, it doesn't matter. :rolleyes4

+ Reply to Thread