+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If only we could shoot

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

If only we could shoot

It's amazing Tech was still in the game with 2 minutes to play the way we were shooting tonight. With 2:33 left, I think we were down by only 5. I seriously think we should focus on SHOOTING tomorrow at practice (especially 10-15ft range) if we want to win on Saturday. Tech could have easily won tonight if the made anything from outside. I am scared to look at the box score for tonights game, it's not going to be pretty. Anyway, we could afford to lose one of these "big" games this week, but we better come back for the game against usu. This loss was hard to watch, maybe it will give the Dawgs some motivation for Saturday.

however, we are STILL IN FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Re: If only we could shoot

i said this in another thread but we were 3-26 behind the arc. 11.5% change that to 25% and we win.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

And I repeat my concern about passing.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    And I repeat my concern about passing.
    man, there was a point in the first half, not sure of the score, but what i remember is the BUZZZZZZZZZZ in the TAC, that place was about to explode.
    I swear the lid was fixing to come off and then, and then, and then a turn over. I lost count of the times that the same situation repeated itself. We needed just one "finish" on the offensive end and it was going it to "Code Blue". Dont know what Richard said on his post game, he should have said, "its my fault, i let us slip back into my offense from last year". Of course, we hit 3 more of our threes and i'm singing a different tune. We picked an awful night to play as slopy as we did on offense.

Beat the Hell outta Utah STateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

And that 8-2 run we couldn't defend at the beginning of the second half pretty much set the tone for the rest of the game. If we had played up then, I think we could have pulled it out.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

I dont't think richard did a post game, correct me if im wrong. Nitz was packing his stuff up 5 minutes after the game ended.

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    I dont't think richard did a post game, correct me if im wrong. Nitz was packing his stuff up 5 minutes after the game ended.
    He tossed to the Techsters game.

Anybody got Paul's stats for tonight? I think I saw 16 points, how about rebounds?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

The box said 11 rebounds

16 and 11 with 3 blocks

Well, at least it's a double-double... Gotta look for the silver lining.

I'm not looking forward to playing Nevada 2 more times this season--and both in Nevada.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    Well, at least it's a double-double... Gotta look for the silver lining.

I'm not looking forward to playing Nevada 2 more times this season--and both in Nevada.
    i understand, but i also know this is a team we can beat with just a little bit better play on the offensive end. utah state gets beat tonight keeping us in teh one spot.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Fazekas was only 1 of 3 from 3 range. During warmups he was drilling everything (I didn't see him miss a shot). But then again he didn't have anyone guarding him in warmups.

Fazekas was 8-16
    Millsap was 8-15

And by the way Winbush almost got another T when he threw a chair back and tried to rush the court after he disagreed with like 5 straight calls. Thanks JFord for holding him back.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Those fouls killed us more than poor shooting. Nevada was 23-62 and we were 23-63. They were 4-12 from 3 and we were 3-26. Really our poor shooting was from long range and the game could have been a lot different if we didn't lose the free throw battle 15-21 (Nevada) to 4-5 (Tech).

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Paul was too tentative and we didn't try to get the ball to him enough IMO. Everyone else was trying to be the hero and we were just trying too hard, couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Paul was too tentative and we didn't try to get the ball to him enough IMO. Everyone else was trying to be the hero and we were just trying too hard, couldn't hit the ocean from a boat.
    Exactly. Our gameplan has NEVER been shoot 3s but when we got behind we just kept throwing them up. I hope they learned their lesson tonight that even when we are behind you still look for the best shot. But everyone was off tonight because even Paul was couldn't handle some passes and he missed some easy boards (and shots).

+ Reply to Thread