+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada game thoughts

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Nevada game thoughts

Obviously, we didn't shoot the ball worth a flip. I mean, the defense was there. The intensity was there. Its just that ALL of our outside shooters were off, on the same night. I thought we got mostly decent looks, just didn't fall.

Paul showed that he could handle Fazekas without fouling out. He was definitely a better player on both sides. I digress--but what about that dunk he threw down on Fazekas at the end of the first half!?! I hadn't seen a monster poster-job like that, ever!

I wish we would have played entire game with him on Fazekas. I wish we could've caught a couple of breaks at the pivotal times. I wish... It just wasn't our night. Good news is, we are competitive with the WAC's best even on an off night. I'm still excited about our team and our prospects for this season.

I'd like to salute our fans for a sensational crowd and an electric atmosphere. I can't wait to watch us again come Saturday at 3pm.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 02-03-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: Nevada game thoughts

Why was he not covering Fazekas all game? When he was covering him Fazekas didn't make a single shot. There was no problem with Paul on foul trouble because he went the ENTIRE first half without a foul.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Good assesment boxerdog. The crowd was certainly electric.. I hope to see it again on Saturday along with a huge W.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Why was he not covering Fazekas all game? When he was covering him Fazekas didn't make a single shot. There was no problem with Paul on foul trouble because he went the ENTIRE first half without a foul.
    My thoughts exactly! That's why I posted that concern before the game. I truly believe if Paul would've covered Fazekas the entire first half, we would've won the game.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Good assesment boxerdog. The crowd was certainly electric.. I hope to see it again on Saturday along with a huge W.
    Great crowd. I hope losing doesn't scare them away.

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

It shouldn't the Ruston crowd seems to love the 3pm start time. The students shouldnt mind either. Nothing is going on at 3, this should work perfectly.

Promote on Friday. T I WANNA SEE SOME SIGNS UP DUDE!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

We shot 26 three pointers and 5 free throws!! 'Nuff said.

The shots just wouldn't fall.

If I am interpreting the box score correctly, we gave Nevada 58 of their 65 points: 24 off turnovers, 19 second chance, and 15 off free throws.

I thought that they broke our press too easily. I only remember maybe forcing one turnover with the press. I think they beat us down the court and got some good looks before we could get the half court defense set up.

The crowd was awesome tonight, and maybe the dawgs were just trying too hard or felt a lot of pressure or something being in first place in front of a loud home crowd for this much anticipated match-up. We just didn't take care of business tonight. THE DAWGS WILL BE READY FOR UTAH STATE!!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    We shot 26 three pointers and 5 free throws!! 'Nuff said.

The shots just wouldn't fall.

If I am interpreting the box score correctly, we gave Nevada 58 of their 65 points: 24 off turnovers, 19 second chance, and 15 off free throws.

I thought that they broke our press too easily. I only remember maybe forcing one turnover with the press. I think they beat us down the court and got some good looks before we could get the half court defense set up.

The crowd was awesome tonight, and maybe the dawgs were just trying too hard or felt a lot of pressure or something being in first place in front of a loud home crowd for this much anticipated match-up. We just didn't take care of business tonight. THE DAWGS WILL BE READY FOR UTAH STATE!!
    Yeah the only problem with shooting 26 threes is only making 3 of them!!!

"T"

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It shows that we were settling for low percentage outside shots instead of attacking the basket and getting easy lay-ups and getting fouled and getting to the line. And that we weren't running the offense through Millsap.

Puppy kakito is an unknown kakito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    It shows that we were settling for low percentage outside shots instead of attacking the basket and getting easy lay-ups and getting fouled and getting to the line. And that we weren't running the offense through Millsap.
    exactly...

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    Obviously, we didn't shoot the ball worth a flip. I mean, the defense was there. The intensity was there. Its just that ALL of our outside shooters were off, on the same night. I thought we got mostly decent looks, just didn't fall.

Paul showed that he could handle Fazekas without fouling out. He was definitely a better player on both sides. I digress--but what about that dunk he threw down on Fazekas at the end of the first half!?! I hadn't seen a monster poster-job like that, ever!

I wish we would have played entire game with him on Fazekas. I wish we could've caught a couple of breaks at the pivotal times. I wish... It just wasn't our night. Good news is, we are competitive with the WAC's best even on an off night. I'm still excited about our team and our prospects for this season.

I'd like to salute our fans for a sensational crowd and an electric atmosphere. I can't wait to watch us again come Saturday at 3pm.
    No doubt a memorable game despite the loss. The fans were awesome and Paul Millsap had probably the coolest dunk I have ever seen in person.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I give lots of credit to Nevada. They changed our shots close to the basket. When you have to start putting more arc on your shots it messes with your head. They are tall and they are good. Obviously, our outside shooting left a lot to be desired. We still have a good shot at this thing, but we have to bounce back with a win Saturday.

It took me 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot. That's a good thing.
    Last edited by Tech77; 02-03-2006 at 08:41 AM.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

According to Dave, offensive boards was an issue as well. At one point early in the second half, Nevada has around 8-10 more TOTAL boards and Dave pointed out that one of our major strengths, second shots off the offensive rebound, was WAY below our season average and what we were used to.

Give credit to Nevada. They played us hard and came out ahead on this one. Our D did well in holding them down, we just couldn't make the shots.

Chris

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Boy, were we tight last night or what? We couldn't shoot a ball into a lake if our lives depended on it.

I will say this...Nevada has our number, plain and simple. We just don't match up well with them. In order to beat Nevada we have to play a near perfect game. Their coach ain't half bad either.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

TDF, That is what I pulled out of the game more than anything. Regardless of shooting trouble (that happens sometimes), there were a few breakdowns on backside rebounding. Paul would go out and defend a shot and there was no seal down man. I know DeMarshay Johnson had a few shots that Paul defended and Fazekas would come in on the backside and have easy layups and vice versa. Nevada is so tough in the interior. 6' 9", 6' 11", and 7' 0" is killer down low.

I am sure there will be some Richard bashing today, but Nevada was the better team last night. My thought is that if a few more of those shots went down we'd be singing praises about he and the team today. I felt like we matched them in intensity and readiness for the game. I think that it was obvious that over the past 2 years, all of th big game experience that Nevada has gotten in the NCAA's and big OOC games has helped them. They didn't falter in crunch time. I was impressed with Nevada's athleticism top to bottom. I feel like they are the only team that matches us athlete for athlete.

I think that this game will help us down the stretch. It was a big time game with big time atmosphere and I think that we'll learn from it. The big question that I have for these Bulldogs is can they get emotionally up for Saturday's game. Totally different style of players from Utah St., but very well coached and very effective in thier style of play. We will definately have to use our athleticism to our advantage and defend the three!

GO DAWGS!

+ Reply to Thread