+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresno State

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Fresno State

Because of that one loss at Fresno State, we must now hope for a Fresno loss before the end of WAC play - in addition to the Techsters finishing undefeated.

This is the only way that we don't share the conference title. Not only do I want an OUTRIGHT title, but I don't want to take any chances that Fresno gets the #1 seed in the WAC tournament. Playing the #2 seed the night before the WAC championship game is tough and can wear a team out.

Looking at Fresno's schedule, they do have a tough road trip coming up. After playing Idaho at home (which they should win easily), they take a 3 game road trip. They will have to play at Hawaii, then at #3 San Jose, and wrap it up with a trip to Nevada. If they are going to lose, it will have to be on that 3 game trip. The rest of their schedule looks to be a lock for them.

We, on the other hand, have one road trip left when we take on San Jose and Boise at their places. San Jose will be the toughest of those.

The Techsters can not afford to lose any more games. It will cost us the WAC regular season championship, our #1 seed for the WAC tournament, our ranking, AND our rpi. No pressure, eh?

I think this team is going to refuse to lose, so I am feeling pretty good about our chances. Just cheer for any team playing Fresno. We need that extra help.

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Re: Fresno State

You forgot Idaho at their place Feb. 27. Remember, that was a tough one for us in the TAC.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Fresno has a very tough road swing this week. According to the ESPN website, they travel to Hawaii on 2/10 and play at noon, and then SJSU on 2/11, and play at 10pm. That's going to be tough for any team. We'll see what happens...that might be the "bump" in the road you're looking for Champ.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30
    Fresno has a very tough road swing this week. According to the ESPN website, they travel to Hawaii on 2/10 and play at noon, and then SJSU on 2/11, and play at 10pm. That's going to be tough for any team. We'll see what happens...that might be the "bump" in the road you're looking for Champ.
    The Hawai'i game is 2/10 at 12 am ET (2/9 at 7 pm HT) and then San Jose State 2/11 at 10 pm ET (7 pm PT). That's more time between games than Tech had between Hawai'i and Fresno. And Fresno won't be trying to fly into LA...they'll be going into SF.

Tech gambled with the travel arrangements on its Hawai'i-Fresno trip and lost...literally. Don't think Fresno will make that mistake.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Don't think Fresno will make that mistake.
    Unless we call and mess with their flight plans.

+ Reply to Thread