+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAC refs

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

WAC refs

What are the qualifications? Do you have to have called so many high school games, college experience, GED? I have seen 4 of the worst called games ever at the TAC this year and we are 2-2 in those games. Neither of the losses came as a result of bad officiating, but in all four games they were horrible, missing obvious calls and not making appropriate calls at times. Horribly inconsistent and lost most of the time for both teams.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: WAC refs

I will say this, the coaches for both Utah State and Nevada WORKED the refs the entire game. Surely, it didn't hurt their getting some pivotal calls down the stretch. For example, Paul was getting bumped and pushed every time a shot was put up on Saturday. If Keith would've called that to the officials' attention, he might would've gotten Mattheus out of the game more in the first half.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog
    I will say this, the coaches for both Utah State and Nevada WORKED the refs the entire game. Surely, it didn't hurt their getting some pivotal calls down the stretch. For example, Paul was getting bumped and pushed every time a shot was put up on Saturday. If Keith would've called that to the officials' attention, he might would've gotten Mattheus out of the game more in the first half.
    I think a lot of that was going both ways. Be careful what you wish for...

The officiating was bad, but it seemed to spread both ways. But I'd rather have good calls that hurt than bad calls that even out. I think. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for...

Puppy aglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeaglicious Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think a lot of that was going both ways. Be careful what you wish for... The officiating was bad, but it seemed to spread both ways. But I'd rather have good calls that hurt than bad calls that even out. I think. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for...
    I'd have to agree. I was wondering about the officiating as well, but more than that, I just had to watch this game over and over again to study how it is possible for one man to get so many rebounds....and the answer? well, first of all Millsap is simply a manchild! He is always working for position as soon as the ball is shot, especially when the shots are from his own teammates. In working for position, sometimes his size is enough to settle the battle, but more times than not Paul is already pushing, shoving, grabbing, and throwing people out of his way......and I love it! I don't like watching it when he is playing my Aggies, but hey, if he were on my team I would be loving how hard he works for every put back. I think he has earned the respect of the officials and they let him play a little more than the average player, but I have no problem with that. You get what you work for!

Good luck to you guys from here on out. And here's to Millsap getting what he's due come draft time.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

It doesn't go both ways when the guy doubled the entire game only get to the line 3 or 4 times...it ain't possible.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Puppy NMSUAGGIES is an unknown

Hey I have to agree with you. The refs are really bad.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Dont even get me started I got into it with that brown-haired ref with about 2 minutes left in the game lets just say we had a few choice words for each other. I know its not my place especially in this business to criricize officiating at the actual event but I couldnt take it anymore.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Dont even get me started I got into it with that brown-haired ref with about 2 minutes left in the game lets just say we had a few choice words for each other. I know its not my place especially in this business to criricize officiating at the actual event but I couldnt take it anymore.
    so thats why we got so many bad calls/no calls down the stretch . .

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I'm starting to think the same thing...Sorry guys!

I made a call to some people I know in the WAC office to try and make sure that this guy doesnt officiate a game in the TAC again this year. If he does count me out...he's a freakin joke.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ref's haven't shot 4-40 from beyond the 3-point line in the last two games.

We couldn't hit the side of a barn with a bazooka.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we saw you getting on him. he is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Ref's haven't shot 4-40 from beyond the 3-point line in the last two games.

We couldn't hit the side of a barn with a bazooka.
    I agree 100% but the refs didnt help at all but didnt cost us the game.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I made a call to some people I know in the WAC office to try and make sure that this guy doesnt officiate a game in the TAC again this year. If he does count me out...he's a freakin joke.
    That guy was something else. He made a late foul call on McKenzie after Millsap blocked Harris' shot (with another referee right by the play who gave it a "no call"--the guy came all the way from near the top of the key to call that crap on the baseline). He called a charge on Millsap after 3 Utah State players collapsed on him, one literally climbed up his back. He didn't give us a 3. That dude killed us.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

This is why we must get a video board. Show the crowd and themselves just how bad the call was.

+ Reply to Thread