+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hoop Troop!!!

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

The Hoop Troop!!!

Just thought I'd try to get some feedback from ya'll, if you have any idea's/suggestions/stuff you want or don't want to see The Hoop Troop do, please tell us. I can't promise anything but i can promise to pass it along to big guy with the hat.

-K

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: The Hoop Troop!!!

Bring the brass back to the lane at one end during a timeout. You all are GREAT!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Last game (Saturday) there was only one mellophone! GOTTA HAVE MORE!

Tell the big man with the big hat, that we are all grateful for what he does for Tech and it's athletics. Tell him that he's an ok guy too.... I guess.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Bring the brass back to the lane at one end during a timeout. You all are GREAT!
    What's this??

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Some of the things JR made famous at Arkansas when SI named his band tops in the land. He did seveal of this things when he came here back to his alma mater.
    Prior to games, when they arrived at the arena, the pepband would go on the floor, do warmups, stretching, etc. before going to their position.
    At one point during timeouts, about 15-25 brass would go on the floor and line the 3-point strip facing the goal and then play.
    And, at some point in the game, the band would play William Tell Overture and JR would try to circle the arena concourse before the song's conclusion. Protect your children!
    I bet if we got larger crowds they would be rewarded with these kinds of antics.

Tech Hoop Troop --> Mobile, Agile and Hostile!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Refs outlawed it back in 99 at a techsters game...I got to do it one time my freshman year with the HT then the officials complained about it.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    Refs outlawed it back in 99 at a techsters game...I got to do it one time my freshman year with the HT then the officials complained about it.

The officials complain about stupid things like that and boxes way too much. :icon_wink I don't know where we'd be with out yall Hoop Troop!!

"T"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Jay Z-99 problems
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    The ref can move from his position and go under the goal. Just gotta make sure it's a long timeout . . . like at TV games and not a 30-second timeout.
    Let's just ban cheerleaders, dance lines and the whole college experience at halftime and serve tea and crumpets.
    We need to start making excuses to DO things rather than NOT do things.
    So we p.o. the refs. They're on another planet anyways from what I've seen.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    The officials complain about stupid things like that and boxes way too much. :icon_wink I don't know where we'd be with out yall Hoop Troop!!

"T"
    What abouttttt tuba players in boxes?

personally, if an official uses his whistle to much i think we ought to surround him with the brass and light him up.

I remember "back in the day" when we were playing in Memorial we would build a human pyramid at the band end of the court. I was always the one of the four/five guys at the bottom, never figured out why :O)

used to love what we did after a made free throw when we were sitting in the pull out bleachers. after the made shot we would "clap clap, stomp stomp, clap clap" or was it "stomp stomp, clap clap, stomp stomp"? I'm 42, leave me alone LOL It was loudddd on those pull outs. Then we would leave before the men played :O)

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

Now that's an Idea!!!!!!!

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362
    Last game (Saturday) there was only one mellophone! GOTTA HAVE MORE!

Tell the big man with the big hat, that we are all grateful for what he does for Tech and it's athletics. Tell him that he's an ok guy too.... I guess.

Last Saturday was the annual Ark-La-Tex high school band conference, which, among other things is a huge recruiting tool for the music department. The Wind Ensemble had a concert that night, and the badn was spread thin working with the high school kids, so I imagine it was a logistical nightmare and not a slight...

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

I need more cowbell!

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

I tried to incorporate cowbell into the games when I was in HT, but I guess they don't do it anymore...

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Some of the things JR made famous at Arkansas when SI named his band tops in the land. He did seveal of this things when he came here back to his alma mater.
    Prior to games, when they arrived at the arena, the pepband would go on the floor, do warmups, stretching, etc. before going to their position.
    At one point during timeouts, about 15-25 brass would go on the floor and line the 3-point strip facing the goal and then play.
    And, at some point in the game, the band would play William Tell Overture and JR would try to circle the arena concourse before the song's conclusion. Protect your children!
    I bet if we got larger crowds they would be rewarded with these kinds of antics.

Tech Hoop Troop --> Mobile, Agile and Hostile!
    I'm pretty sure that we've been banned from going on the floor before or during the games. As for running around the arena I asked him if he'd ever do it again he smiled reflectively then sighed and said his body wasn't up to it anymore (heck, some of the kids in hoop troop couldn't do it).

+ Reply to Thread