+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hoop Troop!!!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Re: The Hoop Troop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired
    I need more cowbell!

Dwanye, don't we have some BBB cowbells somewhere. If so how do I get ahold of one?

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Yeah Quang, I think the refs didn't like it, because we'd yell at them when we got on the court, haha. I loved it.

I'd really like to see the Hoop Troop pick out one player (maybe their best player, or their fattest, or ugliest) and really get on her during the game. It may be a little mean, but I've seen what can happen when the Hoop Troop REALLY gets under someone's skin. If you can get a player to the point where she is flipping off the band or almost crying from insults, you can be CERTAIN that she is not focusing on the game. Now THAT is home-court advantage.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64
    I'd really like to see the Hoop Troop pick out one player (maybe their best player, or their fattest, or ugliest) and really get on her during the game. It may be a little mean, but I've seen what can happen when the Hoop Troop REALLY gets under someone's skin. If you can get a player to the point where she is flipping off the band or almost crying from insults, you can be CERTAIN that she is not focusing on the game. Now THAT is home-court advantage.
    That's where we come in on court side...but of course they can do it too...

JFord

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I think on defense we need to be more organized. Sometimes we don't even do anything...even when we're still in the game. My personal preference is the jumpin and yellin that most big schools do on defense. Its simple and LOUD. Granted our students are spread out but we could atleast make sure that we're yellin. But more importantly I think we need to be doing something on every possession and doin something relatively easy.

Thank you HP for the entertainment...y'all are awesome.
    Last edited by THEarmada; 02-11-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawgs03
    I think on defense we need to be more organized. Sometimes we don't even do anything...even when we're still in the game. My personal preference is the jumpin and yellin that most big schools do on defense. Its simple and LOUD. Granted our students are spread out be we could atleast make sure that we're yellin. But more importantly I think we need to be doing something on every possession and doin something relatively easy.

Thank you HP for the entertainment...y'all are awesome.
    Since the move from the lower bleachers a few years ago the energy changed a little. The band isn't right there next to the court so alot of the stuff said gets lost and only group cheers are heard. Also with out the metal stands to bang on there's alot less noise created.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    That's where we come in on court side...but of course they can do it too...

JFord
    Yeah, they can. And I guess y'all could help too.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg
    Since the move from the lower bleachers a few years ago the energy changed a little. The band isn't right there next to the court so alot of the stuff said gets lost and only group cheers are heard. Also with out the metal stands to bang on there's alot less noise created.
    Why the move? I can understand if the TAC was packed and you wanted the band to be able to play for all the fans........but not that many people go. I think the move is ridiculous. The Hoop Troop was much more effective when they were closer to the court.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

All hail BJP and his profound observations! Let's not forget that Hoop Troop has been the premier cheering, taunting and heckling group all this years, and for that we prase Jim Robken and his band of merry men

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg03
    All hail BJP and his profound observations! Let's not forget that Hoop Troop has been the premier cheering, taunting and heckling group all this years, and for that we prase Jim Robken and his band of merry men
    And that's why they pay tfor the Band to go to the WAC tourni, and NCAA and not the Blue. Plus condsidered the Greatest Pep-band in the Nation. (Acourding to S.I. see link bellow, #30)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...310/index.html

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbogdawg
    And that's why they pay tfor the Band to go to the WAC tourni, and NCAA and not the Blue. Plus condsidered the Greatest Pep-band in the Nation. (Acourding to S.I. see link bellow, #30)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...310/index.html
    Actually the reason they PAY the band to go and not the Blue is because the Blue would go for free.

We'd go for free too, what i said was they pay for us the get up there, ( the plain ride, the hotels....)

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Yea that is what I was meaning but I am working on little sleep. I meant the Blue would pay their own way. I don't mean any of this as a knock on the HT because like the article says they are the greatest pep band. Also what does the HT do that makes them the funniest band in the land? I don't know what other pep bands do because all I have seen is HT and I have no comparison.

Most other bands just play, they don't cheer very loud, if at all. When were at the tourni we'll dance to the other teams songs and as Jrob puts it "steal focus." Most other bands don't do any of the horn flashes we do.

For more i'd refer to Germdawg, qng001, Bjude, or Bulldawg03, They were in it alot longer than me, and are the "old People" of Hoop Troop, (Sorry Quang)

That must suck for other schools to not have a pep band as into the game as HT.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Juice... I also can varify.... the Hoop Troop is one of the best bands in the land... PERIOD!!! They have added a few cheers that didn't happen whe I was in, but it was still a huge amount of fun. These guys only get a $50 (unless it's been changed) scholarship for Hoop Troop as well... so it's all passion.

+ Reply to Thread