Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: On-Campus Conflicts with the Game Wednesday Night

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: On-Campus Conflicts with the Game Wednesday Night

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Am I your friend one of the sides (please say yes, please say yes)?????????????? Im not gonna get some rest, IM GOING OUT HOMIE!! PEACEE!!
    hence, "my boy matt"...anybody who I've spent 20 hours on a bus with holds a special place in my heart ...

but I know some other UB folks as well...at least i did in the dark ages when I was in school...

Get some rest steltz, I full expect you to be the loudest guy in Toliver tomorrow...and I got ways of finding out:icon_wink
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy Paul King is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by T
    We just want to have you try to schedule events arround or in conjunction with sporting events.
    "T"
    I understand your side and respect your organization, save your time with the email. You're a good man, Orges, and I've got nothing against you trying to get your organization going. All I say is that if you're going to criticize someone or offer advice or throw stones, make it personal. There's no need for this to have ever been such a big deal, and we could have kept the forums clean and tempers down. You know where our offices are, and if you've got some suggestions or ways you think we could help, it's your right as a student to come by and talk to us. My emails were reactionary, and I apologize for losing my cool on that second one. But I brought it to you guys, and I didn't write in to the paper and accuse you of anything or question your spirit or methods.

Also, Juice, diversity is no joke. People define fun differently, to try and argue against that is a waste of time.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul King
    Also, Juice, diversity is no joke. People define fun differently, to try and argue against that is a waste of time.
    Sure I can not argue that people define fun differently but I believe attending sporting events fit into more people's definition of fun. You can try and be as diverse as you want but people will always be "left out" or find their own form of entertainment. Since you can't make everyone happy I don't see what is wrong with making the majority happy.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I understand your side and respect your organization, save your time with the email. You're a good man, Orges, and I've got nothing against you trying to get your organization going. All I say is that if you're going to criticize someone or offer advice or throw stones, make it personal. There's no need for this to have ever been such a big deal, and we could have kept the forums clean and tempers down. You know where our offices are, and if you've got some suggestions or ways you think we could help, it's your right as a student to come by and talk to us. My emails were reactionary, and I apologize for losing my cool on that second one. But I brought it to you guys, and I didn't write in to the paper and accuse you of anything or question your spirit or methods.

You got it Paul, I apologise for anybody that I have connection with if they came asross abrasive. We'll try to use more appropriate channels next time.

"T"

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

This IS college. It's time to grow up.

I'm the UB Special Events chair, I sent this outspoken character a series of three personal emails, none of which he has responded to. Instead, he posts them on a public message board so everyone can sit around and circlejerk and tell him what a great guy he is and how retarded I am. If you have beef with me, bring it to me and we'll hash it out, but for the love of God, don't start shit that you don't want to finish. There are ways to deal with people, there's ways to handle situations, get a clue, get some class, learn how to put sentences together.

PKing

Juice: I had a band sheduled that night, that was the only night that worked for them, they were on tour out of Nashville. If it isn't basketball, it's the theatre department, or the religious groups, or whoever else. We had like eight events this quarter, only two of which were on Wednesdays, the rest were Tuesday night. It's not like this is a common thing, and I'm not really upset at the criticism, I can handle that. It's the delivery that was so tasteless and childish. I'm a nice guy, I like to work things out, I don't like to be harassed then ignored, surely you can understand that.

edit: and to pre-empt something, it's not hard to find out who I am, and it's not like blanking my name out of the email was noble in any way. www.unionboard.com and you can find my name in maybe two minutes.
    Using profanity in a public response and referencing a circlejerk - is not what I would call mature either -

I suggest that you go back and re-read what you agreed to when you signed onto the board -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford
    I went to some games before this year, just not on the floor. I am not going to listen to what you have to say when most people posting on this board are on my side.

JFord
    this just in -- jford takes the lead for dumbest post ever on bb&b.

i mean, come on, what are you in kindergarten? well, everybody else thinks so too, so there!
    grow up kid.

theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Sure I can not argue that people define fun differently but I believe attending sporting events fit into more people's definition of fun.
    bullshit, juice. the numbers do not back you up. if that were the case, how come we can't get "more people" (i.e. 51 percent) of the tech students to attend football games. the numbers are even less for basketball, baseball, softball, etc.

theprofessor

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor
    bullshit, juice. the numbers do not back you up. if that were the case, how come we can't get "more people" (i.e. 51 percent) of the tech students to attend football games. the numbers are even less for basketball, baseball, softball, etc.

theprofessor
    It has to do with promotion. Read my posts Professor. I never said everyone likes watching basketball. I simply stated planning events around sporting events fits into what the majority of the people think of fun. Why? Because not only are you getting the sports fans but you also are getting those that are looking for social interaction.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Jford is the man!!!

Union Board, GET ON BOARD!!!!!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

theprofessor
    Hey Prof - what percentage of full time students go to football games, not including part time old folks and Barksdale people.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

this just in -- jford takes the lead for dumbest post ever on bb&b.

i mean, come on, what are you in kindergarten? well, everybody else thinks so too, so there!
    grow up kid.

theprofessor
    i thought he already won the award for the "I know more about basketball than God, John Stockton, Pat Riley, the waterboy, Oprah, SJK, and the professor COMBINED from playin pickup basketball on the school playground during recess in 4th grade when I was the last guy picked" posts that he made in his COACHING thread.
    "We were running a zone the ENTIRE first half and we go away from it? WHY DO YOU CHANGE FROME WHAT SHUTS DOWN A TEAM!!!! He's an idiot!!!"-jford
    And Doc gives him green dots for this crap. wowowwow!!
    I know KR is NOT on his side, and I know KR knows jford is an idiot!!!
    And that studyin for finals excuse is BS!! I am too! Jford you have been on here for several hours and you still haven't had the courtesy to respond to Paul unless you are gonna post it in the Tech Talk that won't come out again until mid-March. Come on dude.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    i thought he already won the award for the "I know more about basketball than God, John Stockton, Pat Riley, the waterboy, Oprah, SJK, and the professor COMBINED from playin pickup basketball on the school playground during recess in 4th grade when I was the last guy picked" posts that he made in his COACHING thread.
    "We were running a zone the ENTIRE first half and we go away from it? WHY DO YOU CHANGE FROME WHAT SHUTS DOWN A TEAM!!!! He's an idiot!!!"-jford
    And Doc gives him green dots for this crap. wowowwow!!
    I know KR is NOT on his side, and I know KR knows jford is an idiot!!!
    And that studyin for finals excuse is BS!! I am too! Jford you have been on here for several hours and you still haven't had the courtesy to respond to Paul unless you are gonna post it in the Tech Talk that won't come out again until mid-March. Come on dude.
    I know what award BLUE is going for but I am pretty sure LSUcks took the ass of the year award earlier this month with the stupid comments on the Blue. Why are still going at it? This discussion ended last night. Sounds like someone has a little "Blue envy." Can't we all just get along? Really can we please end this fight atleast for the rest of today so we can all enjoy Tech beating SIU?

And I am still waiting to see how I can become dictator of UB.

And by the way here is what Doc gave him green dots for and a classy move that everyone should learn from.

Originally Posted by jford
    I appreciate all of y'all putting this loss in percepective for me. There's do doubt I was thinking too much with my emotions and I wanted to blame it on someone. So I did. Please forgive me for I have done wrong.

JFord

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    And by the way here is what Doc gave him green dots for and a classy move that everyone should learn from.

Originally Posted by jford
    I appreciate all of y'all putting this loss in percepective for me. There's do doubt I was thinking too much with my emotions and I wanted to blame it on someone. So I did. Please forgive me for I have done wrong.

JFord
    He's a saint.. And I have blue envy... I WANT TO BEEE YOU!!

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75
    Hey Prof - what percentage of full time students go to football games, not including part time old folks and Barksdale people.
    at tech -- between 10-12 percent

theprofessor

Closed Thread