+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eboni Questionable For Remainder of Season?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Eboni Questionable For Remainder of Season?

The ACL is the really strong ligament that attaches your top leg bone to your bottom leg bone behind the knee cap. If that is gone, you lose most of your stabilization in your knee, meaning that if you try to cut or something, your knee could go in any direction.

The other ligaments in the knee sort of wrap the joint in various ways, so that if any of them are strained or torn you have some discomfort and lose some mobility, but you are not nearly as "wobbly" as when your ACL is gone.

ACL surgery can be performed orthoscopically, and usually the repair is stronger than the original. They just screw in a new ligament, taken either from a cadaver or grafted from another knee ligament. The rehab isn't too bad, if it's done right. The problem is they sometimes get in there and find more wrong. And the longer you go without getting it fixed, the greater the likelihood that you will do additional damage to the cartilage and ligaments in your knee.

Tough call on playing with a brace. They make some pretty darn good knee braces, and I have heard of football linemen playing with all kinds of knee damage with a good brace. How well they adapt to roundball, though, I don't know.

Brian96--ACL patient in 1995 and 1999

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    The ACL is the really strong ligament that attaches your top leg bone to your bottom leg bone behind the knee cap. If that is gone, you lose most of your stabilization in your knee, meaning that if you try to cut or something, your knee could go in any direction.

The other ligaments in the knee sort of wrap the joint in various ways, so that if any of them are strained or torn you have some discomfort and lose some mobility, but you are not nearly as "wobbly" as when your ACL is gone.

ACL surgery can be performed orthoscopically, and usually the repair is stronger than the original. They just screw in a new ligament, taken either from a cadaver or grafted from another knee ligament. The rehab isn't too bad, if it's done right. The problem is they sometimes get in there and find more wrong. And the longer you go without getting it fixed, the greater the likelihood that you will do additional damage to the cartilage and ligaments in your knee.

Tough call on playing with a brace. They make some pretty darn good knee braces, and I have heard of football linemen playing with all kinds of knee damage with a good brace. How well they adapt to roundball, though, I don't know.

Brian96--ACL patient in 1995 and 1999
    Thanks Brian. I can bet you that this is a ligament, but not the ACL. I have never heard of a female athlete not being put out for a season with an ACL injury. It is a common female bball player injury and they usually have to have surgery and come back the next year.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I hope her situation is handled in a way that has her best long-term prospects in mind.

That being said, running such a shallow bench doesn't leave us much room to have anybody out come tourney time. But I guess an injured Eboni wouldn't be that much more effective than many of our back-ups.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Eboni seems to make a living by driving and making some awesome moves. I just don't see how she can play "her game" with a brace. I could be wrong, though.

Varsity Bulldog gonzajo71 is an unknown

Have we gotten an official word about the injury ? ACL-The bain of the women's game existense.

Puppy MuleDog is an unknown

Champ, I wish that you were wrong, but I am afraid that you are exactly right. I am afraid that Tasha is going to have to play as many minutes as possible. Shan is a very good three or even a two, but not so good at point guard.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

That being said, running such a shallow bench doesn't leave us much room to have anybody out come tourney time. But I guess an injured Eboni wouldn't be that much more effective than many of our back-ups.
    That being said, which one of you guys look good in a wig.

NOT that guy hanging out in the home-side tunnel last night, THAT's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75
    That being said, which one of you guys look good in a wig.
    Even if I could get away with a wig, you would NOT want me out there.

How does Paul Millsap look in a wig?

Like Paul Millsap in a wig, I would imagine. Perhaps a little like Venus Lacy, which would also arouse suspicions.

Like Paul Millsap in a wig, I would imagine. Perhaps a little like Venus Lacy, which would also arouse suspicions.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Just to sort any confusion. The knee has 4 ligaments (acl, mcl, pcl, and lcl plus the meniscus which is a gel like barrier between the patella and leg bones).

Each of the ligaments is responsible for keeping the knee from moving too far in one direction. Example: the MCL (medial collateral ligament) prevents the knee from buckling in towards the other leg. When one of these is torn, it destabalizes the other 3, which makes all 4 equal (in as far as the stabilization of the knee).

The ACL is the most commonly injured followed by the MCL (getting hit from the side in a football collision). Once torn, only repair is to surgically reanastomose the torn ligament or repair with artificial one. depending on the serverity of the tear, and overall preuse condition of the knee, depends on the recovery and post-surgical use of the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Just to sort any confusion. The knee has 4 ligaments (acl, mcl, pcl, and lcl plus the meniscus which is a gel like barrier between the patella and leg bones).

Each of the ligaments is responsible for keeping the knee from moving too far in one direction. Example: the MCL (medial collateral ligament) prevents the knee from buckling in towards the other leg. When one of these is torn, it destabalizes the other 3, which makes all 4 equal (in as far as the stabilization of the knee).

The ACL is the most commonly injured followed by the MCL (getting hit from the side in a football collision). Once torn, only repair is to surgically reanastomose the torn ligament or repair with artificial one. depending on the serverity of the tear, and overall preuse condition of the knee, depends on the recovery and post-surgical use of the knee.
    Thanks boss!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

That's why he is BOSSdawg -- Well stated.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

AKA an uncomfortable situation!

+ Reply to Thread