+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techsters v. Nevada Comments

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Techsters v. Nevada Comments

I don't see any meaningful discussion going on about this, so I'll start a thread.

Here are my comments:

1. The Techsters really played with the ENERGY of a nationally-ranked team. Maybe my perceptions were biased, but they seemed to have a lot more confidence than they did in other home games. There were some special vibes coming off the court tonight!

2. Was it just me, or did this look like LOWEST turnout for a Techsters game this season (with the exception of games when school was out)? I thought attendance would be up, since this is the first home game since they broke back into the polls. I was hoping the low turnout at the Dawgs game Wednesday was due to people holding out for tonight. Pretty disappointed. Let's see what happens Saturday.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Techsters v. Nevada Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I don't see any meaningful discussion going on about this, so I'll start a thread.

Here are my comments:

1. The Techsters really played with the ENERGY of a nationally-ranked team. Maybe my perceptions were biased, but they seemed to have a lot more confidence than they did in other home games. There were some special vibes coming off the court tonight!

2. Was it just me, or did this look like LOWEST turnout for a Techsters game this season (with the exception of games when school was out)? I thought attendance would be up, since this is the first home game since they broke back into the polls. I was hoping the low turnout at the Dawgs game Wednesday was due to people holding out for tonight. Pretty disappointed. Let's see what happens Saturday.
    Thanks for the report. I had to teach last night and missed all but the last minute of the game. I was shocked that we blew them out by that much. Ty Moore is turning into a monster. VERY PROUD of this Techster team!

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

I felt that the girls seemed somewhat lethargic and/or out of sync the first half, but the second half seemed better. No getting around it, though: Our bench is thin, and having Eboni out leaves a gap. We also had too many turnovers. All in all, though, I was delighted with the eventual blow-out!

I too felt the crowd was sparse, which surprised me. I was hoping for more enthusiasm after the recent polls. We can't be there on Saturday, so I've given my tickets to another family to use. It's important to keep those seats filled!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The crowd was announced at 2,900, I believe. So I'm assuming it was SRO in the Red, correct?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

That number seems to me to be about 1000 too high. There were a lot of empty seats in the red, but there was a surprising number of people sitting in blue, in light of all the empty seats in the red. Even the student section was pretty thin.

Interestingly, there were exactly 0 fans traveling with Nevada. I guess that figures, since they had less than 400 at home. I would have thought that at least somebody's mom would have made it!

+ Reply to Thread