+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga's Brokeback Mountain

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Re: Gonzaga's Brokeback Mountain

We could sing the Willie Nelson song that they talked about on CNN.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

Besides the fact that some OLD Tech fans might not like, and it would be mean, it would be a fitting chant. Spartans - Greeks, most of who had homosexual experiences. San Jose - Californians, most of who....well, you see what I mean.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steltz
    Papers and lab reports to grade, 25 page business plan and poster due tomorrow at 5, 20 page technical report due for technical writing on thursday. 3 hour lab wednesday and thursday. not to mention applications, senior design and senior laboratory reports, classes, meetings, and women.

Life is tough...haha

And lets not even talk about next week.

I respect that T B-ball is number one on the priority list I will stay up two hours later on any given night if I get to watch a basketball game.

My buddy and I are currently on a 30 minute rotation. He writes for 30 then I write for 30. Trying to keep the brains clear. Hopefully we will be done by noon .

Talk to yall in 30 minutes haha.
    I could have saved you the time on that technical writing paper. I have 3 or 4 of them from years back.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg
    I could have saved you the time on that technical writing paper. I have 3 or 4 of them from years back.
    A girl must have wrote them for you. If you wrote them, he might be better off writing his own. :icon_wink

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    A girl must have wrote them for you. If you wrote them, he might be better off writing his own. :icon_wink
    I wrote all of them. All A papers.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I don't think the chant is all that great, but why would it be considered offensive to the gay crowd?
    Go Tech!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We yell all sorts of stuff...my brother and his friends are a little more adventurous than I am (offering to spoon with the opposition and what not), but when see a guy acting like a tough guy or a "H.D."(I'll spare the language for the mixed company), we call them that. I've never had a manly guy come and complain that we are degrading him...We've had a few ask us to sit down...unfortunately, we couldn't comply:icon_wink .

Amen! Truly a word from the Lord!!

"T"
    Last edited by "T"; 02-15-2006 at 02:20 PM.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

I like the chant. It's funny.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I think it'd be funny to chant brokeback mountain when we play a Cowboys team like mcneese, or if a couple players get too close with each other:icon_wink . otherwise i dont see the point

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

There are two questions I think should be considered before taking coordinated action at a DAWGS games.
    1) Does the action possibly enhance the DAWGS chances of winning by spurring on the DAWGS or by "getting into the head" of the opponent?
    2) Will the action hurt future attendance? We all know we need MORE fans in the stands.

My thoughts on the "Brokeback Mountain" chant.
    Question 1 - neutral affect - more than likely it will not spur on the DAWGS and will not affect the opponent - they've probably heard about it and have heard worse.
    Question 2 - On a normal game night, there will be families and groups in attendance and some actions which you may consider harmless - like the "Brokeback Mountain" chant or the signs that JJ's group uses - could affect the return of these casual fans. For tonight's game, a Wednesday night, I would expect mostly diehard fans to be in attendance. Very little that is done legally - other than JFord, DocMarvin or HoDo painting up "blue" - would turn off these fans. The question is will anyone of tonight's few casual fans be so offended that he/she will not return. I don't know this answer, but why take a chance on a chant that will not, more than likely, gain the DAWGS an advantage.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think the Brokeback/HumpBack Mountain chant can be funny when done right -

But when you are playing a team made up of mainly young African Americans - its just no good -

I HOPE ya'll are SMARTER than that -

Got to be original, got to be unique - got to have the whole student section bring paper grocery sacks when you are playing UNO and their star player was discovered at a Winn-Dixie or GTX....

Or asking Chico Walker if he has given his girlfriend any "LOVE TAPS" lately while he is hooting FT's or telling him to remember to clean all the "ROACHES out of the ashtray in his car" during a time out -

Its not about PC as much as its about ORIGINALITY and TRUTH -

But just remember - when you do it to someone else - that leaves the DOOR wide open for retaliation when you go back to play at their place - and our guys have plenty of skeletons and garbage to go around -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

This thread helps me remember some of the things we used to do. I don't remember what team it was, but the coach had just gotten a DWI the week before. Instead of "So what, who care, big deal, etc." we just spelled D-R-U-N-K, a letter for each one of their 5 starters, and just shouted DRUNK when they introduced the coach. Heh heh, I still get a kick out of it.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

U-T-E-P Billy Gillespie

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Its all about doing your homework when getting ready for these games. Again, back in the day, Bluecrew, Dawg04, and I, along with about 25 other students would dig up any dirt we could on the opposing team. Its also cool when u go to the WAC tournament b/c U can find out a lot of dirt on the opposing team, kinda like Carl English cheating on his girlfriend with the Fresno dance team after having a story in ESPN Magazine where he talked about how much he loved his girlfriend . I still think that Kirk Snyder from Nevada is my favorite, along with the Gllespie stuff. Man those were fun times!
    Last edited by nickdawg67; 02-16-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Yeah I loved Snyder cause you could give him crap all game he would give it back to you. After the game Dawg04 got his cell phone number and his tickets at the WAC tournament. Oh and the time he winked at us after the game winning shot...Classic. Wow good times, good times, come up with something original fellas....One day they will learn...lol...But seriously keep up the good work!

I forgot about English.....I really love my Girlfriend man as much as I liked Snyder I hated English.... Oh the first year in the WAC when Tulsa came in with that ugly PG that looked like Sam Cassel and someone brought a blow up E.T. doll... Memories.

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

Carlos Arroyo or whatever his name is from FIU knew to expect me and my buddies every time he stepped into the TAC. Every time he made a bigtime play he would try to throw it into our face -- the shame of it is that he did it often. But we definitely had an effect on his play -- there were several times he would try to showboat and end up screwing up royally.

+ Reply to Thread