+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millsap Appreciation

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Millsap Appreciation

our tickets need to go back down in price a little. we can start charging more, once fans actually start coming.

red section - $12

blue section - $6

high school and junior high kids (red) - $6

kids under 12 - $3 (red or blue)

non-tech college students - $6 with ID? (might get more grambling students?)

im sure a lot of parents feel like they cant come if they have a family of 4 or 5 and have to pay $14 per ticket. i still have a couple of years before i have to check into family plans. i know we have one for football, i will have to check on basketball.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY
    our tickets need to go back down in price a little. we can start charging more, once fans actually start coming.

red section - $12

blue section - $6

high school and junior high kids (red) - $6

kids under 12 - $3 (red or blue)

non-tech college students - $6 with ID? (might get more grambling students?)

im sure a lot of parents feel like they cant come if they have a family of 4 or 5 and have to pay $14 per ticket. i still have a couple of years before i have to check into family plans. i know we have one for football, i will have to check on basketball.
    Actually, I'm working on a promotion plan proposal that I'm going to send to Tech (maybe I work harder than I need to on extracurricular stuff, but someone needs to). The idea of promotions is that you have a set number of people coming to games. The promotions should be geared to not effect those people. For example, if we have 3000 people who all like apples coming to the games, we should pass out bananas at the door so that we can have the 3000 apple lovers plus 1000 banana lovers (strange example, but you get the gist). I'm going to take a brief count at the march 4th game (since the feb 27th game will be bad data due to the break) and put people into four groups (small children, young adults, adults, elderly) and break down the numbers. The promotions should reflect who is coming anyway and target everyone else.

If it were me, each game would be a promotion for a different group. I would suggest the following types:

$1 tickets for anyone with proof they work for a restaurant.
    $1 tickets for anyone with a church bulletin (hey, we're in the bible belt)
    $1 tickets for children 14 and under (this is a good one because we can gear advertising at the game to convince little children to beg their parents for concession stand food)
    $1 tickets for high school students (good recruiting tactic)
    $1 tickets for seniors

The suggested promotions will reflect which groups of people are not attending games. The hopeful increase in attendance would not effect the regular attendance (ie we won't sell so many $1 tickets that the regulars won't be able to purchase their $15 tickets).

The increase in attendance doesn't only have short term results. The higher your attendance, the more valuable is your advertising space. Furthermore, it is easier to get televised games with higher attendance.

This post doesn't match this thread very well, but my thoughts were triggered by your comment.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Do you want a seating chart of the TAC to help do your count?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The Memphis Grizzlies set aside tickets for $5 apiece that go on sale the day of the game, around 500 or so.

I've seen 3,000 stand in line to get them. Sonic is the sponsor and call them "Sonic Super Saver".

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    The Memphis Grizzlies set aside tickets for $5 apiece that go on sale the day of the game, around 500 or so.

I've seen 3,000 stand in line to get them. Sonic is the sponsor and call them "Sonic Super Saver".
    I think you are on the right track. I know, though, for football tickets anyway, they don't even have them printed until a day or two before the game (I tried to buy homecoming tickets early for my parents; couldn't convince them it wouldn't sell out ).

Where I really think you are on to something is with regard to linking tickets with sponsors. Maybe we could get CITGO, for example, to come up with punch cards and then four fill-ups gets you a gen. adm ticket to a Tech football game. Just an example, not a proposal, but do you see what I mean.

Or, reverse the Raising Canes challenge; buy 2 combos, get a tech basketball ticket.

+ Reply to Thread