+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millsap Appreciation

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Millsap Appreciation

Our last men's home game is 2-27 against Idaho and I have heard very little ideas to start promoting this. We want a great crowd this game to send off our seniors and to hope and show Millsap Tech appreciates everything he has done and we hope he comes back.

The Problem- Quarter Break.

Are we going to pull a page out of football season and let high school students in free to make up for the missing Tech students? I sure hope we don't pass up this chance to show Millsap the Tech that we were hoping he would see. Anyone else have ideas?

Pack the TAC, Bring Paul Back.

And remember that the Lady Techster's last home game is March 4th but I expect better attendance to that game.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Re: Millsap Appreciation

Man, quarter break is hard to compete with. I don't know.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I'll be back up with 3 of my boys for sure for that game... but yeah, it's always a problem with the quarter system and sporting scheldules. One day...

"T"

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Im staying for the game. I hope Paul comes back, but i wouldnt bet on it

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Our last men's home game is 2-27 against Idaho and I have heard very little ideas to start promoting this. We want a great crowd this game to send off our seniors and to hope and show Millsap Tech appreciates everything he has done and we hope he comes back.

The Problem- Quarter Break.

Are we going to pull a page out of football season and let high school students in free to make up for the missing Tech students? I sure hope we don't pass up this chance to show Millsap the Tech that we were hoping he would see. Anyone else have ideas?

Pack the TAC, Bring Paul Back.

And remember that the Lady Techster's last home game is March 4th but I expect better attendance to that game.
    I doubt it was my email that had anything to do with it, but I had emailed Leah asking if we could let the high school students in free that game (and had an email full of justifications, etc). I'm sure others sent the same email. Anyway, I just sent an email requesting the same thing for Feb 27th. Let's see if it'll work again. The issue is that we don't have attendance issues with basketball like we do with football, so I couldn't make that argument.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

And how many posts do I have to make before I get rid of "puppy" under my name. It depresses me. I think I'm going to start posting like crazy until I can get rid of it.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    And how many posts do I have to make before I get rid of "puppy" under my name. It depresses me. I think I'm going to start posting like crazy until I can get rid of it.
    88 i believe

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

It's ok Joe, you're a cute little puppy.

T

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I doubt it was my email that had anything to do with it, but I had emailed Leah asking if we could let the high school students in free that game (and had an email full of justifications, etc). I'm sure others sent the same email. Anyway, I just sent an email requesting the same thing for Feb 27th. Let's see if it'll work again. The issue is that we don't have attendance issues with basketball like we do with football, so I couldn't make that argument.
    Good job Joe. I really hope it works out. This is a game we should have started promoting a few weeks ago because with finals this week it will be hard to get the time.

Leah Beasley responded that she felt like not having admission for the basketball game was a great idea and forwarded my email to Mr. Oakes. The ball is in his court now. Maybe if more students send emails for her to forward to Mr. Oakes it will help?

lkb008@latech.edu is Leah's email address.

Also, I told her the Blue would be willing to promote the idea at the local high schools. I'll be in the area anyway, so that might mean I just make a few more of those banners and hang them up at location. I'd be waiting on a response for that from Tech though. If anyone is interested in throwing a hand in for that, it'd be great.

Sent my email out.

"T"

Reply from Leah:

Joseph and David, we've already given our season ticket holders extra free tickets to the last home men's and women's games, so he and the ticket office would like to try to recover some of that cost. So, he wants to charge high school students and younger $2 to get into the game. It may not be what we wanted, but it's close!

If you guys could help us promote this to the local schools, that would be great!!!

Thanks so much!
    Leah

Reply from Leah:

Joseph and David, we've already given our season ticket holders extra free tickets to the last home men's and women's games, so he and the ticket office would like to try to recover some of that cost. So, he wants to charge high school students and younger $2 to get into the game. It may not be what we wanted, but it's close!

If you guys could help us promote this to the local schools, that would be great!!!

Thanks so much!
    Leah
    Seems to me they would recover more with concessions from high school students in free. $2 is better than nothing but I wonder how many more would come if it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Seems to me they would recover more with concessions from high school students in free. $2 is better than nothing but I wonder how many more would come if it was free.
    That's an interesting question. I'd like to see a marketing survey done that compares the amount of money made on concessions to the cost of tickets. Are high school students more like to spend more money if tickets are at a reduced cost?

A ticket is normally $15 for them. However, at $2 more people go. The first question is what is the attendance increase? The seats already exist, so the comparitive money is irrevalant. The secondary question is how much money is spent on concessions by the increased attendance. If 100 students go and average $3 (drink and nachos), we're making $500. This is the same as 33 students going for $15 and not purchasing any concessions.

All that math aside, you could do a straight forward comparison and say "will high school attendance increase 7.5 times with a 7.5x decrease in ticket price." I'm not sure if it will this game because the promotion wasn't done fast enough. However, I really believe that if the game had been hyped better (ie, if fliers were posted before friday and put into the announcements sooner), we would have seen the increase in attendance.

But, we are also forgetting that an increase in attendance is ALSO an increase in our advertising value which is where we are likely to see the highest jump in profits. Citgo and Community Trust Bank have both been great sponsors, but maybe we can grab a few more from a different demograph by increasing the high school attendance.

One benefit of the $2 high school tickets will be that we are able to track how many students are in attendance.

+ Reply to Thread