+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minden female athlete . . .

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Minden female athlete . . .

http://www.mpsa.org/default2.php

Hanna Moore - Louisiana Wendy's Heisman Winner

After proudly posting an article on the web site that two MPSA students had been named the MS male and female winners of the 2005 Wendy's Heisman Award, we received an email from Glenbrook School in Minden, LA alerting us that the MPSA had a third winner. Hannah Moore, a senior at Glenbrook School in Minden, LA, was named the female Heisman winner for the state of Louisiana. Hannah is the daughter of Bob and Sarah Moore. Hannah holds the number one ranking in her senior class with a near 4.7 GPA. She is a state champion in the 400 meter run and a member of the state champion 4 X 100 and 4 X 200 meter relay teams. She is a varsity cheerleader and has been very active in student government. Her commitment to the Minden community, her academics, and her school, have all identified her as a wonderful example of a Scholar-Athlete-Citizen.

“Congratulations Hannah, we are proud of you”.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Minden female athlete . . .

Sounds good. What are the chances that she'll want to run at the college level? Maybe not necessarily D1 track or cross country material, but she sounds like exactly the type of student, athlete or not, that we'd love to have.

I have to say, though, that if I had a daughter that looked like her, I'd be real glad she can run, too.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I have to say, though, that if I had a daughter that looked like her, I'd be real glad she can run, too.
    I've seen what comes from Minden. She's a transplant.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Got to confess, she actually lives in Claiborne Parish -- close to Athens.

Don't know you folks on here very well, but I know some of you are from there, so you'll enjoy the credit.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I've seen what comes from Minden. She's a transplant.
    LMAO
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

No offense to some Glenbrook grads on here -

But competition in the MPSA is very suspect to say the least -

There is a reason Glenbrook will not follow the Creek and play Class A ball under LHSAA -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy oledawgpaw is an unknown

Dwane, I know this is probably not the place to ask for assistance, but, I seem to be having problems resetting my password. I keep getting a reply stating I am not logged in, or maybe I am doing something wrong. If you could check to see if I need to change my manner in which I should change my password, I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried to get in touch with you for awhile, but again, I need to be logged on in order to send post.....

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

email me at dwaynerwoodard@hotmail.com

I looked at your account and everything seems ok -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy oledawgpaw is an unknown

thanks

Varsity Bulldog Gunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her gameGunslinger is on top of his/her game Gunslinger's Avatar

DWayne, you will get no argument from me, but I think that Glenbrook is getting much better academically and athletically. To be honest, the academics is all that I cared about and it served me well.

I remember about 3 years ago Glenbrook had a great academic class. There we approximately 35 seniors: 5 or 6 had over a 30 on the ACT and about half of the class had over a 27. The product in the classroom is legit!

Also, Hannah Moore is a great girl and can write her ticket wherever she wants. I don't expect her to stay in state, but then again I haven't talked to her in years.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Competition has nothing to do with Glenbrook joining LHSAA. Most parents HATE the travel schedule that happens with the school being in MPSA. It is a drag especially for basketball and baseball. It goes much deeper than level of competition and has little to do with the race card. Glenbrook's academic standard is what is attracting a majority of the students. Glenbrook has never tried to be an Evangel yet have been fortunate to compete for the District and State title in many different sports.

The school has to cap the kindergarten enrollment because so many parents want the education experience that Glenbrook provides. What a great problem to have rather than having to beg people to come to keep your doors open like it was in the late 80's and early 90's.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

DirtyDawg must not get out much. From my perspective (and as you get older your "what is beautiful scale expands) I would put girls from Minden, Ruston, and Bossier against any in the state or country. Glenbrook and Minden High have many attractive young ladies.

As far as Hannah, she is a great girl with a great future. Her parents have everything to be proud of. Louisiana Tech would be lucky to get her. Centenary may be the only local school that has a shot at her.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiloBumP
    DirtyDawg must not get out much. From my perspective (and as you get older your "what is beautiful scale expands) I would put girls from Minden, Ruston, and Bossier against any in the state or country. Glenbrook and Minden High have many attractive young ladies.

As far as Hannah, she is a great girl with a great future. Her parents have everything to be proud of. Louisiana Tech would be lucky to get her. Centenary may be the only local school that has a shot at her.
    Sorry Milo, I didn't mean to offend you. I do know some very attractive girls from Minden that I had the good pleasure, um I mean good fortune, of getting to know very intimately while at Tech. I was simply trying to poke fun at my buddy Dwayne.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

Here's a link to Hannah's profile in the Press-Herald for the upcoming Miss Minden Pageant -- indicates she's choosing between Centenary and Rhodes in Memphis.

http://www.press-herald.com/

It's toward the bottom of the page. I'll try to remember to come back and update the link as it will only work until tomorrow noon when they move it to the archives.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

uh oh... Tell that girl to go to Centenary... CHC would be stalking here in Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_wink

+ Reply to Thread