Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
That is true, and it's possible that some of these patients might have been under some Memorial doctors' care. I was under the impression that they weren't, however, my sister wasn't privy to that information. My main point was that there is much more to this story than is being put in the press.
Fry 'em all! :icon_wink

I go by the old saying, "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear," so I know where you are coming from. My point is that if people inside the hospital made the decision to end a life without the permission of that patient or family, then they need to be prosecuted no matter how bad the infection was.

It would have definitely been a rough few days for those patients and a lot of them would have died, but they at least deserved the fighting chance and that's what doctors supposed to do for a living.

I'm not judging your sister or other "bystanders" who got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It just seems that these doctors pulled the trigger way too quickly, if this story is true. NPR is a left-leaning source, but they usually do a lot of homework before reporting a story like this, so I tend to think there is something here because people have been talking about this euthenasia since the day after the hurricane hit.

The AG will have the full story soon and I am interested to see what he finds when he puts all the evidence together.