+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weather in Fayetteville?

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Weather in Fayetteville?

Looks daily like the weather for Fayetteville series is getting worse. Hope not. Long way to drive for a snowout?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Re: Weather in Fayetteville?

The two sites I checked have a big difference in their outlooks for Fri. & Sat. I guess we won't really know what it's going to be like until Thursday.It was 16 degrees there 2 days ago so 45 to 55 degrees will be like a heat wave,especially if the winds are light. Does anyone know where the visiting fans sit at their ballpark? Should we call ahead for our tickets? It looks like they averaged over 5,000 people in their opening series last year.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Saturday, right now they are saying about 50F and partly cloudy. But the weathermen have a difficult time forecasting Fayetteville so Firday morning the forecast should have a high degree of being correct.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they are more patient than we were in watching the weather. The ULL games could have been played without incident (except verrrry cold).

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick
    I hope they are more patient than we were in watching the weather. The ULL games could have been played without incident (except verrrry cold).
    I agree. It would have been cold, but the games could have been played
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

It is possible I will have a single ticket for each day, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to give away. If you are in Fayetteville an hour before game time (3 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday), please give me a call and arrange to get the ticket. Two may be available but one is pretty certain. My email works from my profile, I believe, and I'll notice a personal message on the board. I'll give you my home number if you email or write a personal message ahead of time. That way you can call when you spot the Razorback Road exit from I-540 and I can meet you or direct you.

The seats are in the area behind home plate with a good view and a bit of cover from wind, rain and snow. They cost $8 each but I believe there may be cheaper seats in other areas. No charge to a BBB member for the one seat, which might get one more person to make the effort to come up for the games. I live less than a mile almost due east of Baum Stadium at George Cole Field, so I can direct the person who needs the ticket to my driveway or meet them at the stadium. There is plenty of tailgating space, including across the left-field fence with a good view of the game if it isn't raining, etc.

Two years ago, a fair number of Tech players' parents and a few stray unrelated Tech fans were at the games. See baseball photos on my Web site link below. So you can probably find some of these blue-clad people and sit with or near them, regardless of what seats you actually hold. I think players' parents are almost in the same area as these tickets except more directly behind the Tech dugout.

Be sure to wear blue. People were all shades of red from Maroon to cherry or cardinal or tomato on their various brands of Hog gear. So Tech's red will be the same as some of the Hog caps, etc.

Blue is the color of the weekend for Tech's visiting fans.

I think it would have to be serious rain or snow to prevent the games. Because they are set for Thursday, Friday and Saturday I wonder whether there is possible rain day Sunday or one of the teams has to leave town fast. Maybe the Hogs are going to the Hawaii tournament?

I probably will stay until about 3:40 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and drive like a maniac to work by 4 p.m. in Springdale. I hope to watch the whole game Saturday, of course, and likely will make some digital photos all three days (especially of the fans in blue).

If you want to see how the snow looked in my backyard on Monday, see the BBB photo album section for a new item under hobbies.

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

How many fans does the staduim hold? Do we need to get tickets ahead of time? If so where are they availiable?

I thought they played 2 on Friday and 1 on Saturday. We planned our trip around that schedule. Have they changed it?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Hogwired.com shows a doubleheader on Friday starting @ 1:05 pm, & a single game on Saturday @ 1:05 pm. The Tech updated schedule is the same except it shows a 12:00 pm start on Friday's doubleheader.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

My tickets say 3 p.m. thursday, 3 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Friday but they are wrong. Doubleheader is Friday about 1 p.m.

Saturday game also starts at 1 p.m.

My previous post includes info on the grimey and falcon posts.

Stadium unlikely to sell out for non-conference game. Plenty of standing room, anyway!

Hogs have to fly to Hawaii for tournament, therefore have sunday off.

Despite what my tickets say, I imagine the Thursday ticket will be good for the first game Friday and the Friday ticket for the second game. So send me a personal message if you want one. Details above.

+ Reply to Thread