+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: # 20 !!!!!!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: # 20 !!!!!!

i am not saying that we have not performed well in the tournament, or that weak conferences are the only thing to blame for poor performances. i am only saying that playing in a weak conference has put us at a disadvantage come tournament time and i think we could have performed better if we had played more strong teams in league play. barmore always got the Lady Techsters ready for the tournament despite all he was up against. hopefully long can follow in barmore's footsteps rather than budke's.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Until 2004, the Tech usually hosted the first and second round games. In 2004 the NCAA changed the rules to make the women play at predetermined "neutral" sites. I believe that some of the Lady Techsters "struggles" can be attributed to the new game sites. Last season as an 11 seed, the Lady Techsters were assigned to play in Connecticut against a Temple team out of Philly, a game that Buttke threw. In 2004, the Lady Techsters were assigned to play in Missoula, Montana against the underrated Montana Lady Griz who had the longest current home winning streak in the nation at the time. With a remarkable performance by Erica Smith-Taylor, the Lady Techsters prevailed in a nailbiter. They went on to defeat Texas Tech as well to advance to the sweet 16 to play #1 Duke in Virginia. In 2003, the last year the Lady Techsters got to play the opening rounds in Ruston, the Techsters soundly beat their two opponents to advance to play LSU in Palo Alto, CA, another game in which Buttke we were in control and then Buttke blew. In 2002 in the first round in Austin, the Lady Techsters lost a heartbreaker by 1 point to a very underrated UCSB team. It was a sad way to see Leon Barmore walk away in contrast to all of his remarkable runs in the NCAA tournament. In both 2000 and 2001, the Lady Techsters advanced to the Elite 8 after opening up the tournament at the TAC, and in 1999, the Lady Techsters advaced to the Final Four beginning their run with 2 games in the TAC. Last year we were underdogs, and the game was lost because of Buttke. I guess we haven't been dominant losing in the first round 2 of the past 4 years, but we haven't been bad either advancing to 2 sweet 16s. Those 2 years we didn't advance past the first round, the Lady Techsters were playing at road locations as opposed to the friendly confines of the assembly center as well as the hard fought victory against Montana on their intimidating home court. This year I believe we will be back in the Sweet 16 where we belong. Historically, we have been dominant: all 24 NCAA tourneys, 20 sweet 16s, 13 final fours, 8 title games, and 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!! I believe that we are not too far removed from dominance thanks to the short 3 year stint of Buttke, and I believe that Chris Long is well on his way in bringing the Lady Techsters back to national prominance. GO TECHSTERS!! WE BACK!!
    Good post! I agree that we are close to getting back to strength. I hope that we can, at least, make it to the S16 this year and build from that. Seeding will be key this year. In a couple of years, I hope we are back on top.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I agree. I was just giving another "excuse" for our recent shortcomings, and showing that we are not that far removed from dominance, and a little history lesson. That's all.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

So, what does the women's tourney pay? I know it's nothing compared to the men's, but I'm just curious.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

BOTH Temple and Boston College lost last night... looks like that #20 will be getting in the TEENS REAL SOON!!!! :icon_razz

+ Reply to Thread