+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger was not wearing a helmet

"Ben, you're starting to make me think you're not that smart," said Bradshaw

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...68/detail.html

Bradshaw said this to him about riding his bike over a year ago. And apparently said something else about it 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by JAB; 06-12-2006 at 11:49 AM.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Let's hope he's OK, and will learn to ride with a helmet. I used to live in New Hampshire where it was legal to ride helmetless as well. I just don't get it. Your going to go how fast with no protection????? Plus, you have to consider the other guy in the other vehicle...

Also, the summer before I came to Tech, three of my classmates/friends got motorcycles. Within 1 month, one was killed, and another's father was killed....the third guy sold his immediately.

Can't stand the motorcycles, but I know lots of people that love them. But safety first!

I'll keep him in my prayers!

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Wow, if you read all of the articles on that site, it's almost like a self fulfilling prophesy. It's kind of spooky!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Only people who befefit from laws that don't require helmets are those who are waiting on organs.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

But you are cool if you don't wear a helmet. I discourage the use of helmets. One day someone in my family or myself may need some organs. The best organ donors are those who ride helmetless.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

I can't believe his contract did not forbid him from riding a motorcycle (helmet or no helmet). If I was a GM or coach, I would put that restriction into every one of my player's contracts. Jeff Kent, Jason Williams, Kellen Winslow, Big Ben - the list continues to grow.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing about this sounds good. First, I hope he'll survive. Then I hope he'll be able to play ball again.

Not sounding good from the reports on the site. A lot of facial injuries (plastic surgeon has been called it). The thing that stands out to me is that it says he has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement. Not good for a quarterback.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Bottom line....Wear the damn helmet Ben! I really hope he is ok but the Steelers should put it in his contract that he cant do this....Just Dumb

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I am sure his contract is now officially void if the Steelers wish to do so.

What a waste. I thought he was a pretty heady player. You just really NEVER know.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Tim needs a trade from Tampa - send him to the Steelers.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar

Broken Jaw, Broken Nose, missing many teeth, 9" cut on the back of his head and knees badly cut up... Not sure of any "internal" knee injuries... From ESPN...

DUMBASS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDawg
    I am sure his contract is now officially void if the Steelers wish to do so.

What a waste. I thought he was a pretty heady player. You just really NEVER know.
    Well after reading 2 articles, both of them alluded to the fact that the Steelers and Cower knew that he rides motorcycles which leads me to believe that the Steelers are just as stupid as Big Ben for NOT having that clause in his contract. WOW

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

According to ESPN there is a clause in all contracts that allow the team to not pay the player if they are injured due to this type injury. ESPN reported that Winslow's contract was more specific and named motorcycles specifically. Bottom line is that Big Ben knew he could lose his career and/or his future earnings, but he did it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread