+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: TECH/LSU Merger talks?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: TECH/LSU Merger talks?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    Who is this LTU?:icon_wink I don't know of any university around here that uses that acronym.
    I think that's the initials of "Louisiana Technical University."

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: TECH/LSU Take over talks?

Why would you guys think it was merger? My LSU friends refer to it as a take over of Tech and bringing it into the LSU system.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcajun90
    Why would you guys think it was merger? My LSU friends refer to it as a take over of Tech and bringing it into the LSU system.
    This from the "flagship" of ULS?

Varsity Bulldog rcajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timercajun90 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    This from the "flagship" of ULS?
    I'm not a represenative of the Cajuns and what exactly are you refering to? I really don't have a dog in this fight other than my grandparents and their brothers and sisters all went to Tech and I have always pulled for you guys.

I'm sure the powers that be at Tech will only make the move if they think it will benifit Tech. I would just be very cautious. I wouldn't trust them. What's to prevent them from saying five years down the road you know Tech football really isn't generating much revenue. We think you guys should move down to 1-AA. I don't see a scenario where they would allow Tech to become a challenge to them in North Louisiana which I think is your guys goal.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96
    I think that's the initials of "Louisiana Technical University."
    No, that's La. Technical College
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

No, that's La. Technical College
    Man, I'm telling you, I've seen Louisiana Technical University more than once! Why do people think "Tech" has to stand for anything?

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Hey DawgPix,
    My Lagniappe's all have Louisiana Tech University on them. Seems reasonable one could use the acronym LTU in written communication on the board and most would know the school being referred to.....:icon_wink !!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    Hey DawgPix,
    My Lagniappe's all have Louisiana Tech University on them. Seems reasonable one could use the acronym LTU in written communication on the board and most would know the school being referred to.....:icon_wink !!
    And a tacky acronym it is.:icon_razz

A president emeritus whom I very much respect, issued edicts all over campus saying use of that acronym was no consistant with university policy. It makes us sound like someone else in the state. I agree.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

And a tacky acronym it is.:icon_razz

A president emeritus whom I very much respect, issued edicts all over campus saying use of that acronym was no consistant with university policy. It makes us sound like someone else in the state. I agree.
    What "Policy"?
    While I can see your point about sounding like that other school in the state, you & I have already wasted more time than this is really worth. So we'll just have to agree to disagree about the use of appropriate acronyms. One thing I'm sure we both agree on though is our love for Louisiana Tech University!!! :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What "Policy"?
    While I can see your point about sounding like that other school in the state, you & I have already wasted more time than this is really worth. So we'll just have to agree to disagree about the use of appropriate acronyms. One thing I'm sure we both agree on though is our love for Louisiana Tech University!!! :icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink
    When I was five years old, our neighbor, a proud TECH alum, gave me my first Louisiana Tech tshirt.

It had a bulldog head on it with a spiked chain and he had on a cap with the initials: LTU

That was the best TECH tshirt I ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    When I was five years old, our neighbor, a proud TECH alum, gave me my first Louisiana Tech tshirt.

It had a bulldog head on it with a spiked chain and he had on a cap with the initials: LTU

That was the best TECH tshirt I ever had!
    Thanks CHC. I knew I wasn't dreaming. I had a sweatshirt with the same pic on it. Wore it out.

What "Policy"?
    You're not dreaming! I didn't say you were. If Taylor heard the bookstore was selling that t-shirt, he would have it yanked. There were just a couple of ways he wanted Tech referred to in its marketing scheme.
    and, yes, today it's all fair game. Clyde and I are in the middle of a friendly spat so anything I say he's going to contradict . . . or try to one up me. But he'll get over it.:icon_wink

You're not dreaming! I didn't say you were. If Taylor heard the bookstore was selling that t-shirt, he would have it yanked. There were just a couple of ways he wanted Tech referred to in its marketing scheme.
    and, yes, today it's all fair game. Clyde and I are in the middle of a friendly spat so anything I say he's going to contradict . . . or try to one up me. But he'll get over it.:icon_wink
    Thanks Tom. I certainly don't want to be in the middle of a "friendly" spat. I'm kinda like 'ol Jimmy Swaggert---"I just like to watch" So ya'll just go ahead with your friendship..... and I'll just stand over here and

:icon_wink

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Clyde and I are in the middle of a friendly spat so anything I say he's going to contradict
    No, I won't.

Thanks Tom. I certainly don't want to be in the middle of a "friendly" spat. I'm kinda like 'ol Jimmy Swaggert---"I just like to watch" So ya'll just go ahead with your friendship..... and I'll just stand over here and

Hell, we gotta do something until the next SlobberKnocker tailgate!

+ Reply to Thread