+ Reply to Thread

Thread: February 27 - Dawgs vs. Idaho

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

February 27 - Dawgs vs. Idaho

Our last home game in men's basketball is February 27th. Our dunkin dawgs will be playing a weak Idaho team that is 1 - 11 in the WAC and 4 - 20 overall. However, since this game is during the break, attendance is sure to be low even though it is the final home game AND even though Paul will shatter his 28 rebound single game record AND even though Corey Dean is close to his 1000th point. In response to this situation and emails from the Blue (and other BBB members), Louisiana Tech's athletic department is offering a discounted price for high school students. Leah has offered T and myself the opportunity to help promote this.

Will anyone be local in the area (or local to a nearby high school) and willing to help promote this event? I'm not sure what all that would involve, but if nothing else I'm sure the high schools will let us hang a few advertisements in the hallways (or if nothing else they'll add it to the morning announcements).

Also, I feel inclined to point out that Leah is amazing.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 02-22-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: February 27 - Dawgs vs. Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Also, if feel inclined to point out that Leah is amazing.
    That's good.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Just don't tell the high school kids that Idaho is 4-20....That may turn them away.:icon_wink

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Yes, Jim Oakes said that he ad already given aditional free tickets to the season ticket holders so he did want to get some kind of compensation so he has placed the ticket price for anyone HighSchool age or younger at $2.00. This is a great move by JO and the Athletic department. The Bleu is going to do everything that we can to push this, so if you see anyone HS age and under, jump on board and tell them just $2 will let them see a first round draft pick for the last time.

"T"

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

In our promotion, I suggest an offer also be extended from the Blue for HS students to paint up and sit in the front also. This would be an awesome promotional idea. I think it would help Tech see the Blue's recruiting value. I won't push this idea without consent from a higher up "Blue."

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

In our promotion, I suggest an offer also be extended from the Blue for HS students to paint up and sit in the front also. This would be an awesome promotional idea. I think it would help Tech see the Blue's recruiting value. I won't push this idea without consent from a higher up "Blue."
    Will T and the others coming paint up? And will we be able to get our seats or will we have the same problems we have had recently? I like the idea if we don't have seating problems and if members are actually painting up.

I think we're always going to have those problems. We are never going to have those seats reserved for ourselves as long as they are free. We can either ask to purchase them as season tickets from the school or we can get there earlier than we do now. We could consider just arriving at the TAC and painting there?

We will have members painted up. I will be attending "gorilla'd up." Hopefully, we'll have some HS students painted as well.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're always going to have those problems. We are never going to have those seats reserved for ourselves as long as they are free. We can either ask to purchase them as season tickets from the school or we can get there earlier than we do now. We could consider just arriving at the TAC and painting there?

We will have members painted up. I will be attending "gorilla'd up." Hopefully, we'll have some HS students painted as well.
    Putting signs up on hs campuses will help. Could Leah or J.O. send a personal invitation to the hs basketball teams in the area telling them that we need their support?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Just write one up and get J.O. to sign it. Here I will even give you a pic of him to put on the letter
    Last edited by JAB; 11-12-2007 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Will T and the others coming paint up? And will we be able to get our seats or will we have the same problems we have had recently? I like the idea if we don't have seating problems and if members are actually painting up.
    I've spoken to one of Tech's managers associated with the team. We can reserve the courtside seats for having high schoolers painted up. I have to call her and tell her how many. I really hope we have a few. I'd love to have at least half a dozen.

+ Reply to Thread