+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FBI Raids Middle Eastern Owned Convenience Stores & Service Stations in Northeast LA

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Re: FBI Raids Middle Eastern Owned Convenience Stores & Service Stations in Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg
    Oh yeh, there is also not a rule saying that white people cant do terrorist work or be gang bangers and vice versa for all races, but we are talking about statistics and the cops use them. If there is a gang-related murder, are you gonna cruise rodeo drive or compton? How PC do people want to be? I am not telling this to you bjude, your post was just a good intro for me, thanks.
    I should have quoted my post earlier. It was in response to sik-em-boi's post. So, I think you may have taken my post out of context.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: FBI Raids Middle Eastern Owned Convenience Stores & Service Stations in Northeast LA

Honestly, some of you are not describing an America that I would want to reside - especially, if I were to fit one of the profiles.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Re: FBI Raids Middle Eastern Owned Convenience Stores & Service Stations in Northeast LA

Nevermind, I did quote it. I just just responding b/c I thought he was trying to prove something by stating that Wayne Williams was black. I dunno. Nevermind.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Honestly, some of you are not describing an America that I would want to reside - especially, if I were to fit one of the profiles.
    It does suck to live in an America where your personal rights can be invaded, but if it keeps me from being blown up, it is okay. We have a lot of pride as Americans, but sometimes you have to step back and realize that we are vulnerable and we have to give up some rights to cover up that vulnerability. It sucks, but it is still better than any other country's situation, IMO.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bjude64
    Nevermind, I did quote it. I just just responding b/c I thought he was trying to prove something by stating that Wayne Williams was black. I dunno. Nevermind.
    Yeh, I didnt take your quote out of context, I put the disclaimer at the end of my paragraph. I just used your quote as an intro, it wasnt a response to your quote.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

It does suck to live in an America where your personal rights can be invaded, but if it keeps me from being blown up, it is okay. We have a lot of pride as Americans, but sometimes you have to step back and realize that we are vulnerable and we have to give up some rights to cover up that vulnerability. It sucks, but it is still better than any other country's situation, IMO.
    Damn straight!!

I understand what you are saying, champion. But say you are at war with Japan and Japan has made statements that it wants to destroy the U.S. and the Japanese had previously hijacked an airplane and killed thousands of Americans.....doesn't it make sense to be slightly cautious of Japanese people in the U.S.? I'm not saying go on a witch hunt, but it's only logical to pay more attention to these people. Y'all can call it profiling; I'll call it common sense. It's an unfortunate necessity, and you hope it can be done in a way that protects the rights of all as much as possible.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying, champion. But say you are at war with Japan and Japan has made statements that it wants to destroy the U.S. and the Japanese had previously hijacked an airplane and killed thousands of Americans.....doesn't it make sense to be slightly cautious of Japanese people in the U.S.? I'm not saying go on a witch hunt, but it's only logical to pay more attention to these people. Y'all can call it profiling; I'll call it common sense. It's an unfortunate necessity, and you hope it can be done in a way that protects the rights of all as much as possible.
    I am not really arguing against it. This is something that we have to be VERY careful about, though. The U.S. affords citizens certain rights. In war time, some of those are compromised - we all know that. However, there is still a line. Also, profiling can be dangerous. When certain people are looked at more closely to the detriment of good all around security, you have a HUGE problem - see Oklahoma City bombing or a host of other examples.

Like I stated, there is a certain amount of freedom that has to be forfeited, but someone better be watching the line. Fundamentalists can get their hands on something and take it way too far at times.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I am not really arguing against it. This is something that we have to be VERY careful about, though. The U.S. affords citizens certain rights. In war time, some of those are compromised - we all know that. However, there is still a line. Also, profiling can be dangerous. When certain people are looked at more closely to the detriment of good all around security, you have a HUGE problem - see Oklahoma City bombing or a host of other examples.

Like I stated, there is a certain amount of freedom that has to be forfeited, but someone better be watching the line. Fundamentalists can get their hands on something and take it way too far at times.
    The last I heard, racial profiling is illegal in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg
    The last I heard, racial profiling is illegal in the US.
    You've added nothing to this discussion.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i wasn't trying to prove anything. i know that historically serial killers have recorded as being predominantly white and male. that isn't always the case but it usually is.

just like i'm sure there are western-europeans that may sympathize with and possibly be active participants in terrorism on the US, but for the most part, the people who what us dead are of middle-eastern heritage...it makes sense that those people fitting that description should garner more attention than a fat, bald, white guy in a hawaiian shirt (that's the last person i've seen getting searched...he apparently had pins in his hip or thigh or something like that). anyway, if the swedes were flying planes into our building it would make sense to focus attention on tall blondes (like they don't get enough already)...it just makes sense.

I'm with ya, sik-m

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

AMEN!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sure you do. This is the best country in the world. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO WAGE THIS WAR. Dang Champ, there is a real world out there with bad guys and the whole shooting match (yes... pun intended).

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Sure you do. This is the best country in the world. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO WAGE THIS WAR. Dang Champ, there is a real world out there with bad guys and the whole shooting match (yes... pun intended).
    Tyler-you are right, when someone is beating on your door to cut your throat, plans change. You adapt to something new to survive, my little personal niches and happy times can be put on hold for a while, until I have my whole self preservation thing figured out.

+ Reply to Thread