+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Techsters softball uniforms

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Lady Techsters softball uniforms

I was among the 40-50 people who watched the Tech-ULM softball game yesterday. (I was actually surprised to see that many spectators, since
    the universities were out for Mardi Gras--and, for Tech, quarter break.)

The Techsters turned one triple play--which was fun to watch!

Here's my question, though: Why do the softball players wear white jerseys with simply "Louisiana" across the front in blue?

Let me repeat that: Louisiana. Not Louisiana Tech. Not Tech. No logo. Just the word Louisiana.

Please explain that one to me because I just don't get it!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Lady Techsters softball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird
    Here's my question, though: Why do the softball players wear white jerseys with simply "Louisiana" across the front in blue?

Let me repeat that: Louisiana. Not Louisiana Tech. Not Tech. No logo. Just the word Louisiana.

My guess is that it saves $2 or $3 on material and labor per uniform. Do I win a prize?

Other than that, I would have no idea.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird
    I was among the 40-50 people who watched the Tech-ULM softball game yesterday. (I was actually surprised to see that many spectators, since
    the universities were out for Mardi Gras--and, for Tech, quarter break.)

The Techsters turned one triple play--which was fun to watch!

Sure you weren't watching the wrong team?:icon_wink
    Don't ULM and ULL try to get by with Louisiana on a lot of their uniforms? Or just UL?
    Silly locational schools!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I believe their helmets just says "Techsters" instead of "Lady Techsters" too.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75
    I'm becoming a softball fan in a hurry!
    Yeah....the brunette is pretty cute. I need to get a schedule.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Decent turnout for a day when there was absolutely no one on campus. In fact, I don't believe there was more than one or two students in the stands. The remainder were mostly local Tech athletic diehards and some family of the players. They enjoyed a great game with several lead changes, 3 Tech home runs, and that fantastic triple play. This is a great group of ladies and there's no reason we can't fill the stands like the old days.

One of the uniforms just has "Tech." I heard the white shirt with "Louisiana" was a mistake by the supplier. At the beginning of last year, the uniforms were changed to the "new blue" from the old "Techster blue."

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

It was an exciting game, for sure!

As for the uniforms, the number (a double-digit number) on the back of one of the jerseys had one blue number and one red number--for no apparent reason.

I swear, I have seen little league teams with better uniforms, and I think the word TECH should be on the uniform somewhere! Our players deserve better.

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75
    I'm becoming a softball fan in a hurry!
    The Slobberknockers tailgate team are fans.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    Yeah....the brunette is pretty cute. I need to get a schedule.
    Dude. Your not kidding. I was just checking out their mugshots. We definitely have some hotties, take a look! Who knew??

http://www.latechsports.com/roster.p...sport=softball

Do they need an extra team manager??

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Baseball Re: Lady Techsters softball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    Dude. Your not kidding. I was just checking out their mugshots. We definitely have some hotties, take a look! Who knew??

http://www.latechsports.com/roster.p...sport=softball

Do they need an extra team manager??
    Way ahead of you! Looked 2 weeks ago. :icon_wink

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Five girls from California! That just seems like alot. I wonder why? I mean, what does TECH have in our Softball program that makes girls from Cali want to come here? I know nothing about our softball team, so I really am curious? BTW-We really do have some pretty girls on our team. But I promise not to post any of them anywhere. LOL They are better than that.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we recruit south louisiana, texas, and california. thats seems to be where the best softball is played.

plus our coach is from california. she was recruited from california to play at ulm in the mid 90s.

And it's too bad that--according to their jerseys--they're playing for
    "Louisiana"--instead of Louisiana Tech!

(How's that for a subtle way of saying, "Focus, guys, focus!"? I am a mom; it's my job to nag.)

+ Reply to Thread