+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Lady Techster home game

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Last Lady Techster home game

Saturday is the final home game for the Lady Techster's. Again, high school/jr high/elementary students will be getting in for $2. Fliers have gone out ot the schools, but anything that ya'll can do to fill more seats would be great. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone on this board how important that game is.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Last Lady Techster home game

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Saturday is the final home game for the Lady Techster's. Again, high school/jr high/elementary students will be getting in for $2. Fliers have gone out ot the schools, but anything that ya'll can do to fill more seats would be great. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone on this board how important that game is.
    AMEN!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'll be there!

(Thanks Dwayne, for the tickets)

$2 for kids? Hmmmm, maybe I can bring a van-full then. My daughter's basketball team! They would love it!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is quarter break, right? Will the band and cheerleaders be there?

I will be driving in, as well, and will be bringing at least one person from Texas with me.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Yep, it is indeed quarter break.

I am bringing my family plus three friends to the game. I hope the Techsters have recuperated from the trip to Idaho and are ready to beat Hawaii!

I hope, at least, some of the Hoop Troop gets together and makes this game. It would be ashame for some of our player's last game to be a dead atmosphere without the band.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

The last home game was on 2/23, which was on the last day of classes. The band was there, but cut much more than half. I imagine we can assume that was the "schools out band". It was nice to have something, rather than no
    thing at all, but it is sooooo much more fun and loud with them all there.

I still think that if scholarships allow for athletes to stay on campus and travel and play during breaks and holidays, that the same should go for cheerleaders and ALL band members, as well. JMHO.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448
    I still think that if scholarships allow for athletes to stay on campus and travel and play during breaks and holidays, that the same should go for cheerleaders and ALL band members, as well. JMHO.
    Neither the dorms nor the on campus apartments closed over the break. I don't know about cheerleading scholarships, but the hoop troop is pretty much volunteer. The hoop troop scholarship is slim to nothing. I would like to see them there though.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    This is quarter break, right? Will the band and cheerleaders be there?

I haven't heard. The Ruston high Courtside Cats played at the men's game the other night, and did a fine job. No word on whether they will be there tomorrow or what. I won't be heartbroken if the cheerleaders aren't there; IMO the only thing it will affect is the team intros.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I REALLY hope the Hoop Troop is there. It just isn't the same without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    I REALLY hope the Hoop Troop is there. It just isn't the same without them.
    I agree..... I am bringing people in for the game and it would be nice if the atmosphere is good. Who would know?

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE
    Neither the dorms nor the on campus apartments closed over the break. I don't know about cheerleading scholarships, but the hoop troop is pretty much volunteer. The hoop troop scholarship is slim to nothing. I would like to see them there though.
    Hoop Troop is completely voluntary and the "scholarship" is usually just $50, sometimes $100 if they play in both bands and sometimes $0. It's been my understanding that some of the HT who is from Ruston and still lives at home usually try to get together. If not, Ruston High kids usually play from what I've been told.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I agree..... I am bringing people in for the game and it would be nice if the atmosphere is good. Who would know?
    I know we've got some former HT people on this board; I'm surprised we haven't heard from them yet. Maybe I'll start a new thread to get their attention...

+ Reply to Thread