+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't the Cubs take Woods

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Why don't the Cubs take Woods

out and just shoot him?

If he was a horse, his name would already be Elmer's....

Geez, I'm a Cub fan - but enough is enough - put him out of his misery....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: Why don't the Cubs take Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    out and just shoot him?

If he was a horse, his name would already be Elmer's....

Geez, I'm a Cub fan - but enough is enough - put him out of his misery....
    I'm an Astros fan. I am glad the Cubs have Kerry Woods. His paycheck may prevent the Cubs from signing or trading for the "missing link".

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    I'm an Astros fan. I am glad the Cubs have Kerry Woods. His paycheck may prevent the Cubs from signing or trading for the "missing link".
    Hey Astros fan, I'm a White Sox fan, how about that? Too bad this is a Louisiana Tech forum or I'd feel obligated to make fun of you.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    Hey Astros fan, I'm a White Sox fan, how about that? Too bad this is a Louisiana Tech forum or I'd feel obligated to make fun of you.
    Two things that will not work on me:
    "SWEEP" or "get out the broom" comments - (the games were close)
    "Houston, we have a problem" comment - (Astros made it to their first World Series).

I grew up as a White Sox fan because my local radio station carried their games. I could pick up the Cardinals on KMOX and the White Sox on KSYL. I was loyal to the White Sox until I was a teenager. A different local radio station began broadcasting the Colt 45's when they began play and this slowly ended my allegiance to the White Sox and Cardinals. In 1964 I attended my first Houston MLB game and I was hooked.

BTW, even with the Astros at 15-30 I remained hopeful. This is why I will not give up on the DAWGS basketball team this year - momentum is a strange thing. IMO, the DAWGS have the talent to get to the Sweet Sixteen but will they have the right mental attitude?

GO DAWGS!! GO ASTROS!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    They should still take him out and shoot him -

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I hate baseball but I grew up with and played little league with AJ Pierzynski. Lost contact before high school, though.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    my family is from the southside of chicago...i used to hate being a white sox fan...now i wear that baseball cap with pride instead of frustration.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Cleveland Indians Baby!! I've been a Tribe fan since I came out of the womb! That's only the next step up from beings a Cubs fan... except it cool to be a Cubs fan in La. I saw the report on Woods the other day and told my dad that Woods was the biggest bust in baseball and that they are Stupid for keeping him arround. Why do they insist on waiting for him to heal inorder to throw three games and get hurt again.. The only thing this guy hasn't had is lepersy! If my car only ran six days out of the year and it was in the shop the other 359 days every year... I don't care how hyped it was or how much potential it had, it wouldn't be mine for long.

"T"

Puppy TD90 has turned a few heads around hereTD90 has turned a few heads around here TD90's Avatar

They will not take him out and shoot him...because that would also put us the fans out of our misery. With him as an option we have that "So your Saying there's still a chance" feeling (even if its one in a million).
    As a Saints Fan, A Cubs Fan and a TECH fan I have become accustom to feeling like there is a chance, only to get that swift kick in the gut when we were so close to doing something great.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Go ChiSox '06!!

Same pitching + Vasquez = Oh @#$% for the rest of the league.

I'll miss the Big Hurt (er, Big Skirt)

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

AL Central is the deadliest division in baseball.

Indians win the penant
    Sox and Twins battle for AL wildcard... Sox come out on top

"T"

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I'm sure Cubs fans think it's all a Cardinals plot.

Last edited by We're kind of a big deal; 03-07-2006 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by We're kind of a big deal
    You should maybe take a look at the Cubs website. His injury doesn't sound like anything major. He is going to continue rehab on his shoulder after surgery on his knee. He has still been able to pitch.
    Evidently - you don't follow the Cubs much and Woods' injury prone career -

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post
    Go ChiSox '06!!

Same pitching + Vasquez = Oh @#$% for the rest of the league.

I'll miss the Big Hurt (er, Big Skirt)

Uh...

The pitching definitely was not the same, and batters figured out Vasquez by the 5th or 6th inning. Looks like my Sox are probably out.

Big Frank hurt 'em this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread