+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cane's was never this easy."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: "Cane's was never this easy."

No big deal. In fact this is a compliment! KEEP IT UP GUYS! Who knew that Tech would warrent attention from the WAC due to the student involvement in the game!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    NBA and NCAA are different. NCAA is more of a specator sport. When is the last time you have seen anything like the Cameron Crazies at an NBA game? Sure the WAC has every right to control what we do courtside but nothing we do is bad enough to warrent it and would IMO lead to step back in WAC basketball cred.
    Agreed...but even the Cameron Crazies are separated from the court by a barrier.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Agreed...but even the Cameron Crazies are separated from the court by a barrier.
    Let them put a barrier in the TAC. If these basketball players are that soft skinned I doubt a barrier will really help them. Hopefully next year we can create more of a Cameron Crazies type atmosphere.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I will oppose the end of Bulldog Row to the very end! However, I am curious. It certainly isn't the Blue who is so fouled in the mouth to warrant such an action. I don't hear any of us use profanity. Even the most question act, the box, was "clean." I'd really like to know what we are doing that's bothering people. If Bulldog Row is eliminated, the Blue will survive and we will continue to be as much of a force as we can be.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I don't think it's anything specific. If I were a ref, I'd be nervous, too. Students in the stands at a lot of other games get very unruly (remember one of our players getting head-butted at SIU?). So, for refs coming in from something like that and finding a bunch of students lined up courtside with no barrier, I can see why they might be a little sensitive. Remember, basically their job is to keep the players safe and the game fair (how well they do this is beyond the scope of this discussion). Having to keep an eye out (or even just feeling like they have to keep an eye out) for a whole row of fans 3' from the court has to be very distracting.

So, I don't think it is anything specific, or a reflection on our students, just a general uneasiness. It would only take half a second for something to get ugly if someone were so inclined.

I think a barrier courtside would alleviate most of this. A padded table offers a lot of psychological distance. Plus, like RC said, it looks better on TV!

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg
    Actually, they can. I've seen it done one time. Don't remember who or when, but I've seen it.
    Do you guys remember the fight that Champ and the Razorback got into in Little rock a few years back. Champ threw his bone at the razorback, then the razor back threw the bone in the stands. pretty funny.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I'd rather they move bulldog row three feet backwards than have a barrier. I really enjoy the feeling of being so connected to the game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

They need to add the rolling screen billboards along the side-line and then have the courtside seating directly behind -

Student seating sections should run from 108 - all the way to the parents seating sections -

Move all the season ticket holders to the other side of the TAC -

Thats the easiet way to handle the situation -

Don't be surprised if that alot of the gripes are not coming from our own people who are having views blocked by the students standing - those who hold season tickets immediately to media stations left -

I think the administration will try to pass it off as a WAC issue - instead of point fingers at their own -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    I'd rather they move bulldog row three feet backwards than have a barrier. I really enjoy the feeling of being so connected to the game.
    "If you build it. They will come." Man, don't you know the students would start flocking to the games to get the good seats, a couple of rows at least, behind the barrier.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    They need to add the rolling screen billboards along the side-line and then have the courtside seating directly behind -

Student seating sections should run from 108 - all the way to the parents seating sections -

Don't be surprised if that alot of the gripes are not coming from our own people who are having views blocked by the students standing - those who hold season tickets immediately to media stations left -

I think the administration will try to pass it off as a WAC issue - instead of point fingers at their own -
    I agree, Dwayne. I just would hate to set up something like we have in football where one side is loud and crazy and the other side is mostly quiet. I know that some of you try to liven it up, but it is still pretty quiet.

I sort of like the intermingled way we have it in the TAC. It makes people either stand up and yell or not see the game. Of course, most students sit in that one section anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    "If you build it. They will come." Man, don't you know the students would start flocking to the games to get the good seats, a couple of rows at least, behind the barrier.
    I wish it were so easy to get students to flock to the games.

I have discussed the elimination of Bulldawg Row with Leah. She does not feel this is going to happen. She also said Jim Oakes likes the seats there and the intention is to keep them.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Well said

JFord

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I wouldn't like to have a barrier, but hey if we're gonna have one they better put it like the one at Duke... arms legnth from the players! I couldn't handle sitting all the way back in the bleachers... God knows the coutrside strangler have to sit close enough to smell blood and taste the sweat!

"T"

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    It s up to the WAC not Jim Oakes!
    No its not -

The WAC sets the guidlines - we just have to operate within those guidlines -

If it it was - then our NON COMFORMING floor would be repainted and brought into conformity within the guidlines -

The only thing that the WAC demands is the seating behind the visiting team - for conference games have X (25 I believe) seats set aside for visiting fans and there is a buffer maintained -

A barrier and moving the students back behind the barrier will bring the TAC into conformity -

I've been to multiple games at Reynolds in Tulsa and to Moody at SMU - our kids are milktoast compared to some of these yahoos - and they are RIGHT on the court - however in Tulsa a FELT ROPE barrier seperates them from the floor - and 8500 SRO is a hell of alot more intimidating than 2,000 or so locals -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread