+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We Didn't Make the Cut

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

We Didn't Make the Cut

Sports Illustrated recently did 2 part article listing the top 10 student sections. I find it funny that some students think what they do is so special but we do the same thing. I think if we expand the Blue we might one day make this list. Also if anyone is offended by anything we do they should read this and learn we can do much worse.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ons/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ak2/index.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: We Didn't Make the Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752
    Sports Illustrated recently did 2 part article listing the top 10 student sections. I find it funny that some students think what they do is so special but we do the same thing. I think if we expand the Blue we might one day make this list. Also if anyone is offended by anything we do they should read this and learn we can do much worse.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ons/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ak2/index.html
    You are doing a great job Juice. I agree, and as Mr. Pimps wife often tells him, it's only size that is holding you back.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Let's break out the tents!

"T"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

So tents and more people and then we make the list. Or we talk SI into doing a seperate list for women's basketball. Maybe we should send them a copy of the article in the Shreveport Times about the stunts of T and The Box.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

I have attended Lady Techsters games since the program first began, and Quarvay's stunt with the box is the funniest thing I have ever seen at a basketball game.

Go, Blue.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Back in the glory days of the kennel and dawgpound the kennel would stand on the left side of the court in blue while the dawgpound would stand on the right side of the court in red...Good times that was the same year we made a run at the NIT! For the blue to make this list as top student sections its going to take more students and more fans period. What makes the top of this list is that all the arenas in the top 10 play in front of sold out crowds. Until that happens the blue faces an up hill battle to make a national top 10 but they can make a run as best student section in the WAC!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    Back in the glory days of the kennel and dawgpound the kennel would stand on the left side of the court in blue while the dawgpound would stand on the right side of the court in red...Good times that was the same year we made a run at the NIT! For the blue to make this list as top student sections its going to take more students and more fans period. What makes the top of this list is that all the arenas in the top 10 play in front of sold out crowds. Until that happens the blue faces an up hill battle to make a national top 10 but they can make a run as best student section in the WAC!
    right...and everyone of them had well over 500 students in that section (if not a couple thousand)...if they made a list of the top ten student sections of 100 students or less, then you better believe we'd be in it. but 'crew is dead on, we need more folks coming to games...students, alumni, and others. when that happens we could own that SI list.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

did you just agree with me.. is something wrong...lol...Just kidding how is working going brother?

By the way our boy John Stewart is the man killed at the Academys a damn genius.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Hey that's my dream! And if you notice, all of the top 10 were notional powehouses in bball also... corelation? Next year is the year that Tech Basketball gets it's recognition! I'm going to be pushing it from the beginning of the year.. create some hype and see if we can't fill that place. Really there's no reason not too with it being free for students! This year for The Blue was good, but next year is all about growth! I won't be satisfied untill the Joe and the TAC are sold out!!

"T"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

T my man, if this is to be successful, you've got to make the thing to do. Start at orientation and make it the popular thing to do. When I was in high school, the thing to do was key-club. If being in the blue becomes the thing to do at Tech we will reap CRAZY benifits...it all starts with the students. I've got respect for those of you who are in their up to your elbows...keep up the good work.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew
    did you just agree with me.. is something wrong...lol...Just kidding how is working going brother?

By the way our boy John Stewart is the man killed at the Academys a damn genius.
    there's a first time for everything...when you're right, you're right.

work is slow...have you noticed my post-per-day ratio has increased?

oh, and yes, john stewart is possibly the funniest man alive.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Hey that's my dream! And if you notice, all of the top 10 were notional powehouses in bball also... corelation? Next year is the year that Tech Basketball gets it's recognition! I'm going to be pushing it from the beginning of the year.. create some hype and see if we can't fill that place. Really there's no reason not too with it being free for students! This year for The Blue was good, but next year is all about growth! I won't be satisfied untill the Joe and the TAC are sold out!!

"T"
    Maybe THE BLUE should have at least one person responsible for implementing ideas for increasing student attendance at ALL of Tech's major sports. I want to see the Joe and the TAC filled, but I also want to see students at the baseball and softball games. It is sickening to see visiting fans sit in the TECH student seats on top of the visiting teams dugout. Simoneaux made those specifically for TECH students to raise hell.

Like johnny said, ya'll should push this at orientation. Although I am no longer a student, if I can help, I will, but I usually have a pretty full plate, working fulltime and being a volunteer fireman.

Hey, I'm a BIG DOG now! (wouldn't it be cool if the smileys were bulldog heads)

+ Reply to Thread