+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

A few questions

1. Why am I logged out after approx. 10 mins of inactivity and can I change this?

2. What is flash chat and how do you use it?

3. Why doesn't the paypal banner show up when I log in, just curious? I asked this on the banner thread but figured I would ask here so I could get my answers at one place.

Thanks, if I have anymore I will come back.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: A few questions

I have the same problem (#1) at work. Once I checked the "remember me" box, it no longer logged me out after 15 minutes. I suggest that.

#2. Flashchat is a chat room. You have to log into this as well, but on game nights several of us folks that can't make the games head in there where we can discuss most anything. It's great to have Nitzer on the stereo and flashchat rockin' with other TECH fans!

#3. Cause STONE COLD said so!!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Doc is right. The login is handled via cookie and that can cause some problems with some folks. If you have your browser set up to not accept cookies, as some people have, you will notice it logs you out on just about every page view. That's because your cookie expires and the site is checking your permissions to see if you can view certain pages. Your cookie expires every time you view a new page.

The current timeout on cookies is 900 seconds or 15 minutes. This is set by the administrators and you can not change it. This is also used for the user activity stats so when you see how many users are logged in, it is those who have been to the site in the last 15 minutes. Upping this number would significantly change this statistic. (I just threw that in) Basically, if you don't do anything, your cookie expires. Like Doc said, use the "Stay Logged In" option and you won't have that problem.

Doc answered Flashchat as well. It's a chat room plugin and it uses your login information from this site. If you aren't logged in, you have to log in using your same username and password. If you are, it should put you in it automatically.

I need more information on the banners. I'm using custom headers in some specific forums to display it. It won't show up on every page. That would get annoying.

Chris

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Where do you log into Flashchat? Do you have to download something?

As far as the PayPal banner it has never showed up while I was logged on, I only saw it, about a week late, when I was logged out by a cookie onto a regular page. When I signed back in it wasn't there. So I figured it must just be posted in the open fourm where anyone can view. It would get annoying if it took up too much space, but, for instance if it were about the height of the "Post Reply" button at the top of the page, and on the right side of the the page, it shouldn't be annoying.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I'll do some testing.

Get into flashchat by clicking "Flashchat" in the top menu bar.

Chris

Thanks TDF, but "Flashchat" is not on the menu bar in the "BBB Red Skin" format. I changed to white or standard and saw it though.

TDF, Just wondering when we could see TECH on top of the WAC standings on the front page. :icon_wink I am not asking for it today, just hopefully soon. Hope you had a Happy Easter! Thanks(to all admins), for all ya'lls work.

It's done. I've kind of gotten into a pattern of updating it on Monday mornings when I get into the office.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    It's done. I've kind of gotten into a pattern of updating it on Monday mornings when I get into the office.

Chris
    Thanks Chris

+ Reply to Thread