+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THEY MADE IT!!!!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Re: THEY MADE IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    T, AG, and Champ were quite a hit to the fans in Reno. I won't steal their stories but they have stories to tell us about their adventures. I can't wait to hear them.

T and AG, I want to know what happened with the Lawlor Event Center officials. Why did they 'pick' on you guys and the blue guys from USU? Tell us about this.

Who wrote the very funny dry erase board message carried around by Champ that got banned by the tournament official?

The fans behind me at the Lady Techsters/Nevada game were laughing so hard at Champ that 3 or 4 sections were watching Champ more than they were the game. His antics were the best. The fans behind me voted Champ the best mascot.

Although outnumbered, T, AG, and the Hoop Troop made this Tech fan proud. Good job. Thanks so much for your extra effort.
    Yesssss Sirrrrrr! We're back! Finally. The drive home took much longer than we thought.

Anyway, as far as the "Nevada Nazis" (event security) went: Mark Bateman, the USU painted up guy, (WAC fan of the year. He's a classy guy) got in trouble for standing at the wrong seats along with the entire USU student section so they moved all of them. They had Mark and his friend sitting seperate from the rest of the section and he was standing. The NMST AD complained. Nevada fans and security were being pricks about all of it, so the WAC official was like hey, just let them and the two from Tech (me and Jo) go sit with their bands/mascots.

I assume your talking about the message that read: Tonight's crew: Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Hellen Keller AKA the Three Blind Mice.. in reference to the refs? Yeah, I thought that was a good one. That and the picture of the blind ref. We were told not to be write or draw mean things about the refs. So as I strapped on my sarcasim waders I wrote how GREAT they were. The Nevada Nazi came back and was like, hey, just don't write anything about the refs.

Champ is the best! When he got that huge foam hat, my belt, and those trash bag chaps and dressed up like the "Aggie" Funniest thing I've ever seen im my life!!

I'm still wearing the hat and shirt that I made... 2006 WAC Tourney Champs! I was hoping that by breaking those out with about 4 min left it wouldn't jinx us! The NM fans didn't seem to thing that it was very funny that AG had that shirt on and shared his excitement with them!

More stories later... but hey, we just drove 48 hours straight and I've got to get to class!!

Did I mention that the Tech fans that were there were INCREDIBLE!!! I mean that in more than one way too. Thank yall for yall's help and for being Great fans! We were few, but we were Noticed!!

"T"

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

T- great job by you and AG and the Hoop Troop.
    Mark my words, EVERY conference member will have a noticeable number of fans who will "paint up" next year. And they all may have a gorilla on their sidelines, too.
    The AD's don't like being shown up.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT JOB, T! You were on TV for every game and represented us VERY WELL!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I'm happy you guys made it back. My guess is that the snow probably slowed down your return. It was cold in Reno and it snowed two of the three nights I was there. The weather was so bad that my friend and I cancelled the rental car we had reserved. We had planned to take I-80 over to Sacramento but the first news reports said that I-80 was closed. Later in the day the news reports said that chains were required to go over Donner Pass. We passed on the rental car since neither of us had chain experience. We also heard that the ski resorts around Lake Tahoe received 12 inches of new powder one of those nights. </p> >

Thanks for answering my questions and, yes, the banned sign I was referring to was the 3 blind refs sign. It was funny to all the fans since that one ref had just made a horrendous call against the Nevada women's team. The Nevada fans around me got a huge kick out of it. After being scolded, Champ cowered off like a scolded puppy and made a show of erasing the board. Everyone around me was cracking up. This was just one of the many stunts Champ pulled. He was definitely the funniest mascot I've ever seen in many years of watching tournament basketball. GO DAWGS!! Beat Clemson!</p>

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I appreciate the support. Ya'll are awesome and we couldn't have made it to Reno without you. Sometime either today or tomorrow I'll start a new thread with T and we'll write out all of our stories (there are many and they are good). We had planned on keeping an up to date journal type deal on here, but the internet connection at the hotel was expensive.

Also, I'm currently adding the pictures to my facebook profile (for those of you who can see that) and I'll soon have them up on BB&B if I can figure out how.

+ Reply to Thread