+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for BBB Admin

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Question for BBB Admin

About how many new members do we get a month, if any. I was wondering if the membership is attracting new members or if it is pretty much the same people.

We aught to see if we can put some money together and buy an espn.com ad banner for a day. Just for kicks and giggles.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: Question for BBB Admin

Here are our monthly statistics on new registrations. We started keeping these in 2004, but you can see that they are cyclic but we have been growing at a steady pace.

Chris

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

AS you can tell - FOOTBALL drives the activity on this board -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Question... did you guys do anything differently in Oct and Sept of 2004 that got all those people on the board?? I know that you guys had some kind of t-shirt deal at some point. If it was around that time, then I saw let's replicate that and make this the best board in the land! (even though it already is in our minds) The only other thing that I can think of is that the LSboo laydown was around that time, and the water got a little muddy about then..... :icon_roll

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

too many EllEssEwe peeps were on board posing as Tech wannabes . . . or confused Tech grads replicating MT.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I was afraid of that... :bigcry:

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Doc - THATS FOOTBALL SEASON -

Plus, we get alot of traffic from just football fans and the fans of the other schools we play...

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

One of the things that drove that was that we moved to this forum format (vBulletin) just before football season. SOME of the members didn't transfer from the database and had to reregister. And they didn't find out they had to until FOOTBALL season came around and they wanted to get involved again.

Chris

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Could yall start renting out space for ads? IF so how much money are yall looking at?

Yes, we COULD. But this when this board was formed, it was done so with the commitment that we would remain pop up and ad free. We are just like many of the PBR and Christian radio stations (don't read anything into that). We are "listener", or in our case, reader supported. We have considered ad space before and have been aproached by some and have turned them down. We basically told them that all income from the site goes to hosting fees and then to support Tech Athletics. When we see their names as Champ donors, come back and talk to us. Needless to say, we never hear back from them.

Could we change this in the future? Yes. But it will be done only after very careful consideration in why we are doing it and the benefit to Tech Athletics if it is done.

But I will say that if one of our members wants to make a donation to the site AFTER they have donated to CHAMPS and have us display some ads for them, we would DEFINATELY entertain the offer. It's different helping put some pub out for your own, it's different when it's Google.

Chris

Varsity Bulldog East Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the ears East Coast Dawg's Avatar

I am new on BBB. I have been visiting and reading for a while but I am ready to put in my two cents worth on some topics. On the threads I still get the message that i can not post. How do I get past that point. I am an old Minden boy so maybe DFM can help me out.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Go Irmo Yellow Jackets!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Dawg View Post
    I am new on BBB. I have been visiting and reading for a while but I am ready to put in my two cents worth on some topics. On the threads I still get the message that i can not post. How do I get past that point. I am an old Minden boy so maybe DFM can help me out.

Try it now....

Varsity Bulldog East Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the ears East Coast Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Try it now....
    Seems to be working okay now Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread