+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East? RU on Crack?

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Big East? RU on Crack?

I know my idea to play as an independent and have basketball play in a "southern conference" that doesn't offer D-1 football went over like a terd in the punch bowl, but the Big East. I know you can sit in front of your monitor and say "Why not us, we have a shot" Bull. Take a look at the cities the Big East schools are in. Please, I love Ruston, have chosen to raise a family here. I chose this because it is not Chicago, Cinncinatti, Hartford, Washington D.C., Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Syracuse. The only school with demographics anywhere near Ruston would be Morgantown.M-town has a population of 26,809. Morgantown also has a tv station.
    To get itself viable for a conference we 1. Airport you can land a plane big enough to hold a football team.
    2. Top Notch facilities
    3. TV Station

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Re: Big East? RU on Crack?

Ps go ahead and slam me, but if you really think we have a shot at the big east, then you were the same person who posted we should fire JBIII and get Steve Spurrier. C-USA is the only regional move that we could make and it be considered a step up. Have we done anything to improve our lot the next time they go looking? What will it take to improve our facilities? What does it take for us to get more money? What is our chief financial moneymaker, it ain't ticket revenues. Red dot the heck out of me, but let's be realistic when we speak of conference realignment. Big East, you gotta be friggin kidding me!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Mr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Mr. Pimp's Avatar

We really need to step up our facilities, those teams in CUSA are stepping up, they all have SEC quality facilities. All of their football stadiums, you would think that all of these teams were in the SEC.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Barkman,

I don't think anyone on this board seriously thinks we would get into the BE, and personally, I wouldn't be crazy about it anyway. Yes, it would be a BCS conference, but we would be in the same boat we are in now when it came to travel.

Going Indy is absoultely so ignorant, even two athletic retards like DR and JO would not consider it. The main thing that gives Tech some "separation" from other ULS schools is that we have competed for several years in an "upper mid major" conference (if there is such a thing). The point is that going Indy would be seen as a step backward and conferences would have a negative view of Tech athletics. At that point, there is nothing separating us from schools like ULL and UNT. It's just not a good move.

Varsity Bulldog Mr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMr. Pimp Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Mr. Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman2
    Ps go ahead and slam me, but if you really think we have a shot at the big east, then you were the same person who posted we should fire JBIII and get Steve Spurrier. C-USA is the only regional move that we could make and it be considered a step up. Have we done anything to improve our lot the next time they go looking? What will it take to improve our facilities? What does it take for us to get more money? What is our chief financial moneymaker, it ain't ticket revenues. Red dot the heck out of me, but let's be realistic when we speak of conference realignment. Big East, you gotta be friggin kidding me!!!!!
    Steve Spurrier isn't half the coach JB3 is. Did Steve center the ball to Doug Flutie, I don't think so. Were a good ole small school, we do more with less, we like to keep it small and not do more even if we could, because we would just lose that small school atmosphere, which I and others think is so cute, I don't want to lose that.

Most C-USA schools do have facilities that ours are subpar 2. Most have 1 that is better. USM Reed Green Coliseum is a dump, but "The Rock" has a jumbotron and field turf. Tulsa football stadium is a joke but hoops arena is top notch. UAB plays in a old football stadium that carries a liitle tradition "Legion Field" it has lost its luster, but Bartow arena is nice. Memphis plays in the Liberty Bowl and Fed Ex forum, so don't put their facilities down, as a whole ours are not as good and at best = to some. That is my point to get in we need to have a little better than they have. What do we have to offer 1. An airpot 2. Metropolitan area 3. TV market 4. facilities now mr. pimp which of these could we improve?

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Mr Pimp, In this thread alone you have conviced me of two things. 1 you are on crack and 2 youi have a thing for JB3.

Puppy LSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around hereLSUray has turned a few heads around here

To get itself viable for a conference we 1. Airport you can land a plane big enough to hold a football team.
    2. Top Notch facilities
    3. TV Station
    Facilities, yes. The others no. Have you ever been to Starkville, Oxford, Auburn, Athens, or Gainesville. All of those towns are small and lack airports and tv stations but are the homes to SEC schools with excellent facilities (maybe not MSU). Facilities and dedication to the athletic program and fans in the seats, at home and on the road, are what makes schools attractive to conferences.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUray
    Facilities, yes. The others no. Have you ever been to Starkville, Oxford, Auburn, Athens, or Gainesville. All of those towns are small and lack airports and tv stations but are the homes to SEC schools with excellent facilities (maybe not MSU). Facilities and dedication to the athletic program and fans in the seats, at home and on the road, are what makes schools attractive to conferences.
    and long-time law schools and med schools.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Ole Piss and MSU were "grandfathered" in from the old Southern Conference. Auburn has Montgomery 52 miles away. Auburn has grown into a very big little town. Auburn was very attractive then and I agree even they would have a little trouble today. Auburn's strong point then were huge #1 they won and #2 then as today have a strong fan base. As for the Montgomery reference Montgomery covers the Tigers and recognizes their importance on news. Tuskeegee,AUM, nor any of the 3 religious affiliated colleges get near as much media coverage as the Tigers. KTVE devotes most of their time to scores we already know. I would like a "sports story" a feature not just scores.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg
    Barkman,

I don't think anyone on this board seriously thinks we would get into the BE, and personally, I wouldn't be crazy about it anyway. Yes, it would be a BCS conference, but we would be in the same boat we are in now when it came to travel.

I thought the same thing when the BE was first mentioned. And then I realized that the $5-8 Mil a year that they pay out would probably cover some of the travel costs...

Ole Piss and MSU were "grandfathered" in from the old Southern Conference. Auburn has Montgomery 52 miles away. Auburn has grown into a very big little town. Auburn was very attractive then and I agree even they would have a little trouble today. Auburn's strong point then were huge #1 they won and #2 then as today have a strong fan base. As for the Montgomery reference Montgomery covers the Tigers and recognizes their importance on news. Tuskeegee,AUM, nor any of the 3 religious affiliated colleges get near as much media coverage as the Tigers. KTVE devotes most of their time to scores we already know. I would like a "sports story" a feature not just scores.
    Do you actually believe that media market BS? If we were successfully, CUSA would have to let us in rather they wanted to or not. Shreveport is bigger than Montgomery and we are a state team, not a city team.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pimp
    Do you actually believe that media market BS? If we were successfully, CUSA would have to let us in rather they wanted to or not. Shreveport is bigger than Montgomery and we are a state team, not a city team.
    I looked it up pimp. We are in the Monroe-El Dorado-Ruston market. We are not in the S-Port market. And this media market BS comes straight from the CUSA commishes mouth.

Now do I agree with it? Absoloutley not!! Its stupid. I live in D/FW and nobody here gives a rats ass about UNT/SMU and while TCU fares a little better no one really cares about them that much either. It's all Big12/Pro Sports here. Most of the CUSA schools don't control the media markets they are in so who cares if they are in it. But if you look at CUSA's past it plays a large role in who they invite. If you think winning is important than you are blind. SMU doesn't win squat and they were invited. Rice sucks at football and MBB. Tulsa has made great strides but at the time of their invite sucked at football and was on the decline in MBB.

I wish winning was important to them. Thats the way it SHOULD BE. Unfortunately its not the way it is. It helps but its only a small part of many things CUSA is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I looked it up pimp. We are in the Monroe-El Dorado-Ruston market. We are not in the S-Port market. And this media market BS comes straight from the CUSA commishes mouth.

Now do I agree with it? Absoloutley not!! Its stupid. I live in D/FW and nobody here gives a rats ass about UNT/SMU and while TCU fares a little better no one really cares about them that much either. It's all Big12/Pro Sports here. Most of the CUSA schools don't control the media markets they are in so who cares if they are in it. But if you look at CUSA's past it plays a large role in who they invite. If you think winning is important than you are blind. SMU doesn't win squat and they were invited. Rice sucks at football and MBB. Tulsa has made great strides but at the time of their invite sucked at football and was on the decline in MBB.

I wish winning was important to them. Thats the way it SHOULD BE. Unfortunately its not the way it is. It helps but its only a small part of many things CUSA is looking for.
    We have not been winning. When CUSA chooses between 2 teams that suck, 1 is in a big market, there other is in a small market, they'll choose the big market. I don't care what you looked up, Shreveport is in our media market, they cover us on their newstations and newspaper. Why did CUSA take Marshal? They are in a smaller market than we are.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pimp
    We have not been winning. When CUSA chooses between 2 teams that suck, 1 is in a big market, there other is in a small market, they'll choose the big market. I don't care what you looked up, Shreveport is in our media market, they cover us on their newstations and newspaper. Why did CUSA take Marshal? They are in a smaller market than we are.
    We're in the El Dorado-Monroe TV market. Get over it, P. Know your markets before loading your typing fingers.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread