+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech going to Clemson in NIT 1st round

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech going to Clemson in NIT 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    I'm curious, are we getting $$$ by playing in the NIT?
    '

Yes, I am just not sure how much.

Puppy PackBlue is an unknown PackBlue's Avatar

I was looking at your draw in the NIT, and think it works out great for you guys.

Clemson and Louisville will be difficult, but they are both overrated teams. Clemson has not seen the likes of a banger like Millsap. I see a trip at least to the NIT Elite 8 for the Bulldogs.

Congrats on the NIT Bid.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PackBlue
    I was looking at your draw in the NIT, and think it works out great for you guys.

Clemson and Louisville will be difficult, but they are both overrated teams. Clemson has not seen the likes of a banger like Millsap. I see a trip at least to the NIT Elite 8 for the Bulldogs.

Congrats on the NIT Bid.
    I hope are not intimidated by Louisville because that may cause us to make stupid mistakes. We have proven throughout the year that we can play on the road against good teams.

Also speaking of Elite 8, Nevada stands a chance of a run of its own. Based on how everyone is sure Duke and UConn will make the Final Four I assume Memphis and Villanova will fall early. Nevada is in the perfect position to knock Nova off in the Sweet 16.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    '

Yes, I am just not sure how much.
    So I guess we're taking a bus all the way to South Carolina?

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog
    Am I the only one who doesn't see this whole thing in a positive light?

Ok hear me out. Other than Hawaii, we travel more than anyone probably in the nation. Our reward for 20 wins this season, is getting to travel over to South Carolina to play Clemson. Remember we were in Reno, Nevada only 2 days ago. I have heard the argument about well at least we got the bye. I don't care about the bye. I would rather be the 7 seed Penn State hosting Rutgers and getting to play St. Joe in the second round, we match up better there any way. Or how about the 7 seed Temple hosting Akron and then traveling to Creighton.

I would rather have the home game. The kids would like it more. Another home game for the fans, the family, the seniors. I remember when Gerrod and company hosted Vandy. It was the best atmosphere all year long. Of course we went up and lost to Villanova after that, but at least we got the home game.

It's more than that though. I just don't see this paying off for the kids. I know the recognition is great, but I still hate traveling across the country to play Clemson. If we win, we get a date with Louisville. I hope they lose just so we can host a game.

Like I said...maybe it's just me. I just don't really like this bid.

I completely agree with you RockDog!! This seeding sux....

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I posted this on another thread, but if anybody is gonna be at the game Wednesday, let me know, either by replying to the thread or via PM. My parents are driving up from Georgia and wouldn't mind hooking up with some other folks in Blue.

+ Reply to Thread