+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech going to Clemson in NIT 1st round

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: Tech going to Clemson in NIT 1st round

Game is Wednesday night (15th). One good thing about the seeding, is that if we win, the next game is the 20th. Louisville (or winner of #1 seed game) plays the 17th. A few more days rest for us, even though we have to travel.

Just glad we are in the post season, and only 1 of 3 WAC teams playing. Remember the football season?
    Last edited by tigtoo30; 03-12-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

The WAC site says we host clemson? Am I missing something?

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    The WAC site says we host clemson? Am I missing something?

Never mind they updated it already.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

3 ESPN TV availabilities for Wednesday...6:00 on both ESPN and ESPN2, and 8:00 on ESPNU....with 7 games scheduled.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who doesn't see this whole thing in a positive light?

Ok hear me out. Other than Hawaii, we travel more than anyone probably in the nation. Our reward for 20 wins this season, is getting to travel over to South Carolina to play Clemson. Remember we were in Reno, Nevada only 2 days ago. I have heard the argument about well at least we got the bye. I don't care about the bye. I would rather be the 7 seed Penn State hosting Rutgers and getting to play St. Joe in the second round, we match up better there any way. Or how about the 7 seed Temple hosting Akron and then traveling to Creighton.

I would rather have the home game. The kids would like it more. Another home game for the fans, the family, the seniors. I remember when Gerrod and company hosted Vandy. It was the best atmosphere all year long. Of course we went up and lost to Villanova after that, but at least we got the home game.

It's more than that though. I just don't see this paying off for the kids. I know the recognition is great, but I still hate traveling across the country to play Clemson. If we win, we get a date with Louisville. I hope they lose just so we can host a game.

Like I said...maybe it's just me. I just don't really like this bid.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog
    Remember we were in Reno, Nevada only 2 days ago.
    The team was informed of the NIT bid at the airport in Houston. They still haven't gotten back from Reno.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    We should have known we'd never get a home game.
    We can't even put 3,000 in the TAC for a big game. Why should we think that we DESERVE a home game?? Team has an arguement, us fans.... don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdog
    Am I the only one who doesn't see this whole thing in a positive light?

Ok hear me out. Our reward for 20 wins this season, is getting to travel over to South Carolina to play Clemson. Remember we were in Reno, Nevada only 2 days ago. I have heard the argument about well at least we got the bye. I don't care about the bye. I would rather be the 7 seed Penn State hosting Rutgers and getting to play St. Joe in the second round, we match up better there any way. Or how about the 7 seed Temple hosting Akron and then traveling to Creighton.

I would rather have the home game. The kids would like it more. Another home game for the fans, the family, the seniors. I remember when Gerrod and company hosted Vandy. It was the best atmosphere all year long. Of course we went up and lost to Villanova after that, but at least we got the home game.
    I see what your saying, but I think that your bias is just blinding you here. A bye, is a bye. I don't see how playing on the 10th in Reno, 14th in Ruston and the 17th somewhere else away from here is any better than playing clemson on the 15th, and then being off until the 20th. After playing 2 games in two nights, and then having to play 3 days later our guys would be pretty worn out. I like that we get an extra day to get rested...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think we would all love a home game! Tech is 3-0 at home in the NIT in our history: McNeese 1986, and of course ULL and Vandy recently. I think the crowd and the atmosphere would be electric enough for a home game.

But, that is not the cards we've been dealt. Now you can see why playing in the NIT is not some run for the 66th best in the nation. It's a VERY difficult tourney to win, for whoever ends up winning it.

That's why I always laugh at those teams that cry and bemoan being left out of the Dance when they lose their first game in the NIT. It happens every year. Teams that think they belonged in the Dance, with an at-large bid, can best prove that point by going deep into the NIT. But you know what, it is often VERY, VERY tougher to go deep into the NIT than it is to reach the Sweet 16 in the Dance. One of the reasons is having to play on the road, rather than a neutral site, and part of the reason is teams often have to beat TWO quality opponents in the NIT vs. just ONE in the Dance to get to Round 3. For instance, you can't tell me that having to win @Clemson and @Louisville is not tougher than what most of the teams in the Dance face as their first 2 possible games.

All that said, it is time for the Dawgs to record another quality road win and move on!

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

And the only reason we hosted Vandy that year was because they had a facility conflict with the NCAA Womens tourney!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy
    And the only reason we hosted Vandy that year was because they had a facility conflict with the NCAA Womens tourney!
    You are correct -

I kind of like the Clemson matchup - it is a winnable game against an ACC opponent, which if we win sets up a matchup against Louisville, which we are no stranger too -

Like I said last week - the kids deserved a home game, we DIDN'T -

I think all they are worried about is the ability to play another ballgame -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy
    You are correct -

I kind of like the Clemson matchup - it is a winnable game against an ACC opponent, which if we win sets up a matchup against Louisville, which we are no stranger too -

Like I said last week - the kids deserved a home game, we DIDN'T -

I think all they are worried about is the ability to play another ballgame -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

None of this matters anymore. It is time to step up and play our A game and advance. It is up to this team on how far they want to go. We can beat Clemson, even on their home floor. It is time to show what we are made of.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Its going to be tough. Looking at the stats, Clemson's big man, Akin Akingbala, has been on a tear since January. Clemson had 25 offensive rebounds in their last game, a loss against Miami in the ACC tourney in which they shot 28%.

We will have to play extremely well to win. They had 8200 at their last home game. We will have to shoot it very well AND protect the ball, no silly turnovers. Hopefully we can continue to defend like we have been.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Its going to be tough. Looking at the stats, Clemson's big man, Akin Akingbala, has been on a tear since January. Clemson had 25 offensive rebounds in their last game, a loss against Miami in the ACC tourney in which they shot 28%.

We will have to play extremely well to win. They had 8200 at their last home game. We will have to shoot it very well AND protect the ball, no silly turnovers. Hopefully we can continue to defend like we have been.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I'm curious, are we getting $$$ by playing in the NIT?

+ Reply to Thread