+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Site Problems???

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Site Problems???

Don't think so... maybe the computer knows that i'm calling a "Stoopid F*%&ing peice of DAWGS#*T!!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

True story - Just got a new laptop and was having problems with the pointer jumping to the top left of the screen. I had this happen on another laptop and thought it was just some rouge software. I started doing a search for the problem and found that most laptops come with the voice recognition turned on and that the pointer was probably doing EXACTLY what I was telling it to do without knowing it! See, the mic is always on a well!

I found out how to disable it, did it, and the mouse doesn't jump anymore!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

thought that maybe it was the browser, so I upgraded ie 5.5 to ie 6.0.... no luck

then installed SlimBrowser.... no luck.

Know anything in Windows 98 that could cause the pages to not load correctly and refresh alot?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I've done some quick searches and this probably IS related to W98. There are some real old reported bugs with PHP and 98 operating systems. I'm not sure there is much I can do to help from this end. We are hoping to upgrade our version of PHP this weekend because the one we are using is known to have some bugs. Its POSSIBLE that will fix it, but I think the real solution is to get off of Windows 98!

Chris

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Matt, I heard a quick piece yesterday on the radio from Kim Komando. I didn't hear the complete thing but something about 98 and Internet Exporer. How there was some problem and her fix was to get off of 98 and go to 2000 or XP. Or "If your computer is to old to run 2000. It's time to buy a new computer.":icon_wink

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    I've done some quick searches and this probably IS related to W98. There are some real old reported bugs with PHP and 98 operating systems. I'm not sure there is much I can do to help from this end. We are hoping to upgrade our version of PHP this weekend because the one we are using is known to have some bugs. Its POSSIBLE that will fix it, but I think the real solution is to get off of Windows 98!

Chris
    Thanks Chris.. (and Adam... I guess )

We have a request in to Police admin to get us a new computer... but I don't think that they want to know that it's because Matt can't get his BBB fix at work!

We should be getting a computer that is running 2000 professional fairly soon... but i'm not crossing my fingers. As long as we have it by Sept 2nd... I can't complain!! :icon_razz

+ Reply to Thread