+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Bracket Contest are OPEN!!!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

2006 Bracket Contest are OPEN!!!

It is time to submit your picks for our 2006 NCAA Tournament Bracket Contests! We will be hosting four (4) contests this year and you are welcome to join in on ANY of them!

Contest 1:

Complete NCAA Men's Bracket - Complete the ENTIRE bracket at one time. Scoring is as follows:

Round 1: 1 pt for each correct pick
    Round 2: 2 pts for each correct pick
    Round 3: 4 pts for each correct pick
    Round 4: 8 pts for each correct pick
    Round 5: 16 pts for each correct pick
    Round 6: 32 pts for the correct pick

Contest 2:

2 Rounds at a time, seed scoring - You will only fill out two rounds at a time. After each 2 rounds, you will come back and pick the next two rounds. Scoring is a little different. It is the seed of the team X the round. So an 8 seed in round 1 is worth 8 points. An 8 seed in round 2 is worth 16 pts., etc. etc.

Contest 3:

NIT bracket - I'll have this one posted soon, but it will be a complete bracket pick like Contest 1

Contest 4:

NCAA Women's Bracket - Again, a complete bracket like the Men's

The pick sheets for contest 1 and 2 are up and ready. I should have the NIT in a little bit and will post a follow up message when it is ready. The women's bracket will be posted tomorrow.

To get to the entry page, go to www.latechbbb.com/contests/2006main.html or simply click on Contests in the main menu on the home page.

We will be giving away prizes and I'll announce those a little later. I'm been a little busy today and am running behind!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chris

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Re: 2006 Bracket Contest are OPEN!!!

NIT Bracket is posted. Remember that the deadline for that one is Tuesday at 6:00 Central time!!!!

Chris

Women's bracket has been posted.

Chris

All right. Now that I'm not quite so rushed, here are some more details.

PRIZES:

Tom Morris (dawgpix) and Dwayne have generously offered to provide an 11x14 print from Tom's website to the winners of the contest! We want to thank them for their support! Thanks, guys!!! In addition to the prints, we will also be offered a free 1 year subscription to your very own latechbbb.com e-mail account to the first AND second place winners! This is, of course, optional and if you don't want it, you don't have to take it. But it is there for you if you do.

These prizes will be offered for EACH of the four contests!

DEADLINES:

Deadlines for entry are shown on the entry pages. But they are basically tipoff of the first game in the round. DEADLINE for the NIT contest is TONIGHT so get those picks in!!! For the round by round men's contest, I will post the deadlines in THIS THREAD and also let you know when the next pick sheet is available, so be sure to check back in frequently!

STANDINGS:

Periodically, I will be posting report packages of current standings and tournament results. Those will show up on the same contest page that you entered at. I won't post every time I upload a new package, but will at key milestones. This package is NOT automatically generated so I have to be at my computer and tell it to run and upload. So basically, the report package is NOT real time.

That's about all I can think of for now. If you have any other questions, let me know!

Chris

IMPORTANT!!!

There was a problem with the women's pool. If you have already entered, PLEASE DO SO AGAIN!!! UTAH was listed twice!

Chris

The day one results for the NIT contest have been posted on the website. If you are entered, you can check and see how you did at www.latechbbb.com/contests/2006main.html

Also, I noticed that on the women's bracket I forgot to change the registration field to username from last name, first name. I can probably find the username for most of you, but I may have to send a few e-mails to clear some of them up. Just wanted you to know to expect it if it came and what it was about. I've corrected the problem, BTW.

And thanks to all of you who left comments. I really appreciate them!!!

Chris

NIT is updated.

Just a reminder to get your Men's NCAA brackets filled out and submitted by 11:20 TODAY! No late entries will be accepted.

Registration is WAY up this year! I'll post the numbers after the deadline has passed. I will say that it's going to be much more of a challenge to win it this time!!!

Chris

I don't know if anyone is reading this thread because I'm the only one posting in it!!! But this is where you need to come for your updates on our contests.

The men's brackets are now officially CLOSED. I will be e-mailing or posting when it is time for the next picks in the progressive contest.

The WOMEN's brackets are still open, so be sure to get those picks in as well.

Dwayne mentioned in a mass e-mail this morning that this is our largest bracket contest EVER and it definately is! At the time the contest ended, we had 61 people entered in the progressive contest and a whopping 101 in the full bracket contest!!! Just for comparison, last year we had 40 people entered! This just goes to show that www.latechbbb.com is growing, our fans are involved, and if we can all pull together, we can do great things to help move our athletic programs forward. I want to thank each and every one of you for participating and for being a part of this wonderful forum and meeting place of Louisiana Tech Bulldog fans and fans of our opposing schools. Please continue to stay involved!

Well, I'll be posting a report package tomorrow morning on the men's contest so GOOD LUCK to everyone!

TDF (Chris)

The first report package for the Men's NCAA bracket contests (full and progressive) have been posted. About all I can say is that nobody on OUR side will be one of those getting the whole thing right!!!

For those of you who didn't print out your brackets, you can do it from the report package. I know I got a few PM's last night and that there were probably some others who didn't PM me. Just go to the package and you'll eventually find your pick sheet.

By now, you SHOULD know how to get to the contest page. If not, just scroll up a bit in this thread!

Chris

I've updated the men's full bracket now that the early games are finished. I'm uploading the progressive reports now.

Chris

I can't take it any longer. It's late and I'm going to bed. Was going to wait till the games were over so I could upload new reports, but you're going to have to wait. And I have a fishing tournament tomorrow and will be up at 4:30 and won't be back until later in the day. I'll get them posted when I get back.

Chris

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    I can't take it any longer. It's late and I'm going to bed. Was going to wait till the games were over so I could upload new reports, but you're going to have to wait. And I have a fishing tournament tomorrow and will be up at 4:30 and won't be back until later in the day. I'll get them posted when I get back.

Chris
    Slacker...:icon_wink Just kidding. Thanks for all your hard work. I don't mind if you wait a while, because I know the next time you update I'm going to seriously tank.

I had some trouble uploading over the weekend, but all the report packages have now been updated.

For those of you playing in the men's progressive contest, a new pick sheet is available. I will be sending out a mass e-mail this evening to those entered to let you know, but I can't do it from work. If you get the e-mail this evening and have already submitted your picks, ignore the e-mail.

I'm basically just doing this for y'all now. My brackets are TOTALLY shot!

Chris

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Some how, I'm still treading water -

Rooster made the big jump -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread