+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 WAC Tournament (stories)

Bulldog TechFanInTX is an unknown TechFanInTX's Avatar

Re: 2006 WAC Tournament (stories)

Excellent reading, AG! Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm for TECH with us, and with all of those folks at the WAC Tourney!! You and T and all of The Blue are doing GREAT things for our beloved University.

Might have to go back to finish my Masters, just so I can join!

Thanks again! Glad y'all made it safely home!

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Thank you so much for sharing your stories!

I made several trips to Nevada when I was in college to do volunteer work and/or mission work for my church at the time. I agree that the road can seem to stretch on forever!

I am so glad that you guys got to go to the tournament.

I cannot make it to Denver, so I'm hoping to see the Techsters play in San Antonio!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I am in high hopes that the SGA will offer a bus service to San Antonio to watch us in the sweet 16 and elite 8. However, there has been a new development between T and myself. We will not be going to the NCAA games as T and the Abominable Gorilla. Only "official" people are allowed to go. Therefore, T and myself will be traveling as uniformed cheerleaders.

I've got a picture up on www.myspace.com/popinjaysnamesir

I'm bringing the gorilla just in case. I'm sure he'll at least make an appearance in Denver in the hotel or something.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Hey, whatever works! :icon_wink

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla
    However, there has been a new development between T and myself. We will not be going to the NCAA games as T and the Abominable Gorilla. Only "official" people are allowed to go. Therefore, T and myself will be traveling as uniformed cheerleaders.
    I'm bringing the gorilla just in case. I'm sure he'll at least make an appearance in Denver in the hotel or something.
    In my opinion, you guys are as official as others so who made the rule keeping you out? FANatics like you are a part of what makes college basketball the greatest sport. Best of luck on your next trip. GO TECHSTERS!!
    Last edited by HoDo-Tech70; 03-16-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

didn't I see you on Saturday Night Live????

I'm sure the "official" part is an NCAA thingy. (Isn't everything else?)

I think T should have his uniform "Painted" on.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I am in high hopes that the SGA will offer a bus service to San Antonio to watch us in the sweet 16 and elite 8. However, there has been a new development between T and myself. We will not be going to the NCAA games as T and the Abominable Gorilla. Only "official" people are allowed to go. Therefore, T and myself will be traveling as uniformed cheerleaders.

I'm sure TECH could make you official Gorilla and T cheerleaders. We have an official mascot, why not have official cheerleaders that dress/paint up?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Tech apparently has an NCAA compliance officer or something like that who is a person Tech hired just to make sure we follow the rules. He is the one who said we weren't allowed to go. My defense would be that the Blue is an official campus organization devoted to spirit, just like the cheerleaders, but I did not have an opportunity to give my defense. However, I am proud to be wearing a cheerleading uniform and I am thankful for the opportunity to join them.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Tech apparently has an NCAA compliance officer or something like that who is a person Tech hired just to make sure we follow the rules. He is the one who said we weren't allowed to go. My defense would be that the Blue is an official campus organization devoted to spirit, just like the cheerleaders, but I did not have an opportunity to give my defense. However, I am proud to be wearing a cheerleading uniform and I am thankful for the opportunity to join them.
    You make a solid point about the Blue being an official campus organization. I find it surprising that the NCAA rules prohibit an official campus organization from sending representatives to the game. "T", gorilla" and the "Blue" have become an important part in the Louisiana Tech basketball fan's enjoyment of the games, IMO.

You guys must have really irritated some of the WAC officials in Reno. My guess is that "T" and the "gorilla" have been banned. You are recognizable because you support your team in "costume". You will not be banned if you go "disguised" as yourselves. How sad.

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

Haha... We weren't banned, but that would be incredibly funny if we had been! That would have been great for my resume. Haha. NCAA rules say that since we we're on the cheerleader list (a legal way to get us to the game) that we have to be in uniform. You know I'd give anything to be painted, but man this is a huge honor! I tell you this though, when we go to San An I'll be there and I will be Techster Blue!

"T"

Quote Originally Posted by T
    Haha... We weren't banned, but that would be incredibly funny if we had been! That would have been great for my resume. Haha. NCAA rules say that since we we're on the cheerleader list (a legal way to get us to the game) that we have to be in uniform. You know I'd give anything to be painted, but man this is a huge honor! I tell you this though, when we go to San An I'll be there and I will be Techster Blue!

"T"
    Glad to hear you have not been banned. You should not have been, IMO. I guess I had a conspiracy theory going when I thought you might be banned.

It is interesting to note that as a "reward" for you FANatics you have to go in disguise and not as yourselves - "T" and "gorilla". Hmm, I just can't get rid of this conspiracy theory thought. Maybe, when the TECHSTERS get to the Sweet Sixteen we will see you again as "T" and "gorilla" or, perhaps, you will get another reward and have to go in disguise again. I hope you guys willl get to find out if you will be "banned in Boston".

Oh well, enough of the conspiracy theory. You guys have a great time and GO TECHSTERS!!
    Last edited by HoDo-Tech70; 03-17-2006 at 06:46 AM.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

I guess TECH wanted cheerleaders that would rarely sit down during the game.

+ Reply to Thread