+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: another music thread

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: another music thread

They suck, in my book, because they are a UK techno band -

And their one and only record of any merit is a 12in DANCE SINGLE -

That's pretty much the epitomy of SUCKDOM -

And to cover a such a song - only takes it that much further into SUCKHOOD - which would be Orgy's case -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Or CCR's "Proud Mary" for that matter.
    Ike and Tina's version of that one is still the best - and would be the cover since Fogerty wrote it -

Good, good music -

CCR did some fabulous work for the short period they recorded -

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

"My Maria" by Brooks and Dunn.
    Go Tech!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Some notable country covers:

-Mickey Gilley's "Stand by Me"
    -Kaw-Liga by Charlie Pride is in many ways superior to Sr's and Bocephus' version
    -"Poncho and Lefty" by Willie and Merle is actually a cover of a Townes Van Zandt song
    -Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" was penned by Kristopherson

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Some notable country covers:

-Mickey Gilley's "Stand by Me"
    -Kaw-Liga by Charlie Pride is in many ways superior to Sr's and Bocephus' version
    -"Poncho and Lefty" by Willie and Merle is actually a cover of a Townes Van Zandt song
    -Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" was penned by Kristopherson
    I have found very few people that know this.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog
    I have found very few people that know this.
    Johnny Cash's "Sunday Morning Coming Down" (another great song) was also written by Kristopherson.

Or how about David Allen Coe's "Please Come to Boston", written by Dave Loggins.

penned by Kristopherson
    Very under appreciated song writer -

Sammi Smith/Lynn Anderson etal's - "Help me Make Through the Nite" - is also one of his works....

Take the ribbon from your hair, Shake it loose and let it fall,
    Layin' soft upon my skin. Like the shadows on the wall.

Come and lay down by my side till the early morning light
    All I'm takin' is your time. Help me make it through the night.

I forgot two other great country covers combining the best in film and music:

1. Rawhide
    2. Stand By Your Man

Both by the Blues Brothers

Johnny Cash's "Sunday Morning Coming Down" (another great song) was also written by Kristopherson.

Or how about David Allen Coe's "Please Come to Boston", written by Dave Loggins.
    As long as we are on Kristofferson cover's - especially on the country side -

Got to throw out the Tompall Glaser cover of "Lovin Her Was Easier (than anything I'll ever do again)"

I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountains in the skies.
    Achin' with the feelin' of the freedom of an eagle when she flies.

Turnin' on the world the way she smiled upon my soul as I lay dying.
    Healin' as the colours in the sunshine and the shadows of her eyes.

The cat could flat out WRITE -

I forgot two other great country covers combining the best in film and music:

1. Rawhide
    2. Stand By Your Man

Both by the Blues Brothers
    Watched it the other nite -

Kyle was enthralled with it -

I couldn't of been prouder -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Watched it the other nite -

Kyle was enthralled with it -

I couldn't of been prouder -
    That may or may not be a good thing for you.

"You want I should wash the dead bugs off your windshield?"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ooooooh...I Will Survive-Cake...great tune. One of the best covers ever.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Cake is one of the FEW new bands I like -

I love BRASS - in music -

And they make great use of brass in their songs -

BTW - on the opposite end of the spectrum - Marty Robbins was the FIRST to introduce HORNS to the Grand Ole Opry - basically told 'em, either you let my horn section in the door or I don't come and I go racin' on the other side of town -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Cake is one of the FEW new bands I like -

I love BRASS - in music -

And they make great use of brass in their songs -
    If you love brass in music, then I would like to give a nod to one of the masters of the use of brass in their songs: Chicago

"Saturday In the Park"
    "25 or 6 to 4"

Or Ruston's own Howard Shaft did an excellent job as well.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i might be alone in this, but i really like the guns and roses version of "live and let die" by paul mccartney (i can't remember if he was with wings).

and, AD, chicago is one of the best bands ever.

+ Reply to Thread