+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 NCAA Tournament (stories)

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

2006 NCAA Tournament (stories)

Again, T and I find ourselves struck with awe by our environment. However, I'll start this thread from the beginning. We were invited to ride with the team to Denver. We soon received a call from Mrs. Lori Hamilton with bad news. Since we weren't members of an official spirit group (note: The Blue is only a campus organization and not a spirit group), we weren't allowed to attend. Fortunately, our awesome cheerleaders have accepted us and we were again ready to go. NCAA regulations require that you be an official and uniformed member of a spirit group to ride with the team. We don't quite fill out our uniform the same way as the rest of the guys, but I am thankful that they have been generous to accept us. It was an amazing feeling to bring our bags to the band room to load the bus on the way to the plane (our bags each contained a gorilla and some paint, just in case). It was even more amazing to step foot on a plane chartered for the lady techsters. The flight went great. T spent his time listening to music and reading "On Death and Dying" or something like that and I watched Multiplicity with Amanda Jordan (one of the lady techster managers). After our arrival and check in to our room, we attended dinner with the rest of the cheerleaders at a local sports bar type place where we watched the LSU/IONA game and the ILL/AFA game. Believe it or not, I'm actually writing this while T and I are watching the 1982 Lady Techster national championship game. Those uniforms are crazy.

T should be logging on sometime tomorrow for the next post. If anyone has any questions or requests or anything at all, feel free to add some comments.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Re: 2006 NCAA Tournament (stories)

Is there some sort of rule keeping T and the Gorilla from being mascots?

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

That'd be sweet, but you can't make all of your outrageous "fans" mascots. Heck, next year we'd have like 10,000 mascots! haha. Maybe we could be like honorary or something. lol.

"T"

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

The definition of mascot is a person, animal, or object believed to bring good luck, especially one kept as the symbol of an organization such as a sports team. I think T and the Gorilla bring luck. Also remember they are the Lady Techsters not the Lady Bulldogs to technically anything can be a symbol for them. If you really want to paint up I would suggest you atleast ask about it.

Puppy Sanbogdawg is an unknown

Partying it up in Denver, went to the Hard Rock Cafe first day!!! T and AG where were you????? Hey come to our room!!!!

2006 ESPN Mr. Bracket "T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice"T" is just really nice "T"'s Avatar

I don't know your #

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Please tell me someone warned you about the policy to dress up on the flight out. This is something that Robken has always stressed and I know that the Techsters/Coaching staff always fly out in business attire. Can't remember if the cheerleaders did it but i'm pretty sure they did.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

T and AG, what year are ya'll? Will ya'll be back next year??

I, too, don't see why ya'll can't be extra mascots. Auburn has 2 mascots.:icon_wink

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Both myself and T will be returning next year. This year has given us a lot of ideas and next year is going to be huge. I really believe next year will be a year that is totally unlike any other year in Louisiana Tech athletics.

We have been told to dress up. I brought appropriate clothing.

As far as being extra mascots, that's an idea we might have to consider for next year. Apparently the real issue is that the Blue is a campus organization and not a spirit group. So, the question now becomes, how do we become an official spirit group? If it can be done, we'll do everything we can to make it so.

But for now, I'm starving and smelly. It is time for a shower and food.

So far today has been great. Slept in. Got up and ate lunch at McD's. That was interesting, if you judged Denver by the McDonalds population, you'd think that 97% of the people were bums. We took a walk down the mall. That was really stinking fun; the Denver mall is great. We did some shopping and bought some little things. A scrolling LED name tag. The ever famous dry erase board. We were weary about bringing one, but so far all of the cheerleaders have been excited that bought one today. We've heard that after we win a huge snow storm will be moving through and that we could very possibly be snowed in... That'll be fun, but classes are going to be rough this quarter. We stopped by the ESPN Zone. We should be back there for dinner one of these days. I'm really glad we didn't drive! The place that we would have very possibly been parked in caught on fire and the whole parking garage burned!! That's all for now, it's St. Patty's so no sense in spending the day in the room! I'll finish this later.

"T"

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Cheer loudly for us tomorrow.

Today is gameday. We just woke up and showered. I find myself both a little hungry and a little nervous. Last night I had a dream that we won 70-59. The game ended with Quantae getting fouled, missing the first and making the second free throw. We'll see if that happens. There is a pep rally in four hours. That'll be our first real experience as cheerleaders.

Last night we watched V or Vendetta with one of the managers after eating at Johnny Rockets with all of the managers. JR's is a fun place with dancing waiters. V was a little more politically liberal than I expected. For those of you who are students, you can find pictures on facebook. It seems that I can only add pictures to the BB&B album one at a time, so everyone else is going to have to send an email requesting the pictures if they want them.

Here's the final post on this story. Let me start off by saying that losing sucks. We had a bad run of luck and FSU played a great game. Sometimes people step up to the challenge and they did. I feel proud that they beat us instead of having to say that we beat us. But, all that and losing still sucks.

The Hoop Troop has stories that they are more qualified to tell. There is a story about being congratulated by the FSU band director (I was standing there when he did it) and then after the game our Hoop Troop accidentally burned them by running off when they tried to say hi. Another great Hoop Troop story is the newspaper confetti. I'd like someone to tell everyone about how the dry erase board got taken away by the NCAA with a message that said "Go FSU band." Also, about the Hoop Troop, we have something special. Traveling the past two weekends has given me the opportunity to see a lot of bands. Every college has a band, but there is only one Hoop Troop. I cannot say enough good things about Jim Robken, the man in the hat, and Mr. Westbrook, and the job they've done to create the Hoop Troop. I hope a Hoop Trooper gets on and supplements these stories.

Speaking of the NCAA, they are very strict. They complained about Champ standing too close to the court. I'm not sure if this is a rule at the tac or just for the ncaa, but there is a little tape box that the cheerleaders have to stay inside of. Also, we weren't allowed to use our megaphones during the game. There were a lot of little rules that either I was not aware of or were new for the NCAA tournament.

One of the coolest experiences I think I'll have at Tech was being able to do the spell off during the Hey Song (Rocknroll I think they called it). I've always thought it was really cool what the cheerleaders do and we got to be a part of it. T executed it perfectly while I, the slower of the intellegent ones, couldn't get my body straight on the T (so there was a little bit of a gap). I came around and nailed the E,C, and H. It was an honor to be a cheerleader and participate in such activities. I am thankful for that experience.

As far as the game, I really believed we would win that game. I even thought we'd win after the first half. I didn't begin to lose my confidence until we were about five minutes left in the game. I feel bad for the team, but I am thankful for next year. I really believe we'll have a special team next year.

T and I would both like to thank everyone responsible for allowing us to share in this amazing opportunity. I think both of us learned a lot and can use this knowledge with the tools we've formed in the Blue to make the fan experience at Louisiana Tech the best experience we can give.

In closing, I am very proud of our girls this year and I am so proud and honored and thankful to have been able to watch ARay, Margaret, and Tasha end their college careers at Tech. I don't know what's next for Tasha or ARay, but I look forward to hearing about Margaret's career overseas.

And now, we look forward to seeing everyone out for baseball, softball, and women's volleyball. It is also my full intention to travel to a local women's soccer tournament this spring. I love those Lady Techsters, but I love those other sports too.

But goodness I love every single one of those Lady Techsters.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla

Speaking of the NCAA, they are very strict. They complained about Champ standing too close to the court. I'm not sure if this is a rule at the tac or just for the ncaa, but there is a little tape box that the cheerleaders have to stay inside of. Also, we weren't allowed to use our megaphones during the game. There were a lot of little rules that either I was not aware of or were new for the NCAA tournament.
    Most of those rules are always around but nobody pays attention to them until the tournament.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as a Tech fan, I want to say a big huge

THANK YOU!
    to T and Gorilla (and ALL of the Blue). You have made this season a LOT of fun. I can't wait to see what you do next year. Keep working to get more students involved. Also, thank you for sharing your stories on here. I have enjoyed reading them and have forwarded them to other friends to enjoy, as well.

Keep up the great work! Oh, and I know for a fact that the Lady Techsters love you, as well!

+ Reply to Thread