+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I want to say something!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: I want to say something!

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Dwayne that is an excellent plan. The problem is you have an AD that cannot see beyond the nose on his face.
    Totally agree, it'll never happen. Why? Because it requires some effort on JO's part. JO's philosophy of "if you build it they will come" has our athletic programs dying a slow death.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcet .AL
    The football team is never going to go to BCS bowl or anything like that so to use it like we are doing now is the best way to make money. Keep whoring out the football team to get slaughtered by BCS teams. Schedule as many as possible because the way the system is set up, mid-majors like TECH just simply do not have a chance to win it all. Take that money and put it into programs that have a chance to win. That is all that i'm saying.
    Tell me what mid-majors do have a chance to "win it all?"

I realize the chances of us making a BCS bowl game are less than slim, but if our AD would give us a favorable schedule we can win consistently. Winning in football=more season tickets, which in turn puts more money in the pot for ALL. Think about it....

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Tell me what mid-majors do have a chance to "win it all?"

I realize the chances of us making a BCS bowl game are less than slim, but if our AD would give us a favorable schedule we can win consistently. Winning in football=more season tickets, which in turn puts more money in the pot for ALL. Think about it....
    It's not about BcS bowls. I don't think any of us realistically expects anything like that with the current set up. But getting to a bowl game--even a lower one--two out of every three years would help a lot financially. Even a lower-tier bowl pays more than some of our so-called "money" games. And a mid-tier bowl would bring in more than this trip to Nebraska.

And the more-consistent winning that would get us to bowl games that often would pull some of our bandwagonners out of the woodwork.

Varsity Bulldog RowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the roughRowdyDawg is a jewel in the rough RowdyDawg's Avatar

Is it just me or does anyone else think we're going to continue to get screwed in the tournament (i.e. low seed) while we're in the WAC? Yeah, we can upgrade our OOC schedule, but usually our last OOC game is in early January or late December and teams can really change before the NCAA tournament. Therefore our OOC games are long (no pun) forgotten. Yeah, we go 15-1, 16-0 in the WAC, but look at who we're playing! I wish we could go independent again, like the old days and play anyone worth playing.

By the way, Hairdog, why such a bad reputation around here?

Varsity Bulldog Hcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHcet .AL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Dwayne that is an excellent plan. The problem is you have an AD that cannot see beyond the nose on his face.

Seats, seats, seats...........that's not the problem. You could make the seats .50 cents if you want but if the product is not attractive then why would I spend 3-4 hours of my day at this event. Most of the fans that come to these games are not as educated about college football as most of the people on this board. Therefore when the 3 time WAC champ comes in (Boise St.)........it's just another boring opponent. You put ULM or ULL or an SEC team that they recognize in front of them then you'll be heading in the right direction. Obviously you can't do this with every home game because of conference opponents which means that we need to get the WAC out of Louisiana and Louisiana Tech out of the WAC.

It's going to take someone with a pair of nuts to do this but it can and should be done if we want our program.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcet .AL
    Seats, seats, seats...........that's not the problem. You could make the seats .50 cents if you want but if the product is not attractive then why would I spend 3-4 hours of my day at this event. Most of the fans that come to these games are not as educated about college football as most of the people on this board. Therefore when the 3 time WAC champ comes in (Boise St.)........it's just another boring opponent. You put ULM or ULL or an SEC team that they recognize in front of them then you'll be heading in the right direction. Obviously you can't do this with every home game because of conference opponents which means that we need to get the WAC out of Louisiana and Louisiana Tech out of the WAC.

It's going to take someone with a pair of nuts to do this but it can and should be done if we want our program.
    First thing you've ever said that I actually agree with you on. Bottom line is that until we get into a conference with a regional flavor, things can't get much better. WAC was OK to move us up a notch in some arenas when Rice, Tulsa, and SMU were involved. Hopefully C-USA will become a reality in the next few years, and will allow us to build home and easier traveling schedules, which will build a greater following and bigger crowds for all sports.

+ Reply to Thread